Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 4:09:23 AM EDT
Yeah, they are really peaceful.

I wonder what would be said if some Mormon or Baptist group went into a building and started smashing things because of some "cartoon"?

today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=worldNews&storyid=2006-02-03T072730Z_01_JAK7341_RTRUKOC_0_US-RELIGION-CARTOONS-INDONESIA.xml&rpc=22

Muslims attack Danish embassy building in Jakarta
Fri Feb 3, 2006 2:27 AM ET

JAKARTA (Reuters) - Up to 300 militant Indonesian Muslims went on a rampage inside the lobby of a Jakarta building housing the Danish embassy on Friday in protest over cartoons that Muslims say insult Islam and the Prophet Mohammad.

Shouting "Allahu Akbar" (God is Greatest), the white-clad protesters from the hardline Islamic Defender's Front (FPI) smashed lamps with bamboo sticks and threw chairs around in anger at cartoons originally published by a Danish daily.

They threw rotten eggs and tomatoes at the Danish embassy symbol and tore up a Danish national flag. The embassy is on the 25th floor of the building and protesters were unable to get past police inside the lobby, a Reuters photographer said.

Outrage has erupted in the Middle East after more European newspapers published the cartoons, which were originally published by Danish daily Jyllands-Posten last September. Muslims consider any images of Mohammad to be blasphemous.

About 100 Indonesian policemen tried to restrain the FPI protesters as they made fiery speeches calling on the government of the world's most populous Muslim nation to sever diplomatic ties with Denmark and evict its ambassador.

The protesters dispersed after an hour. There were no arrests.

The Indonesian government condemned the cartoons and said it had expressed its concern to Denmark's envoy, Foreign Ministry spokesman Yuri Thamrin told a weekly news conference.

As a democracy, Indonesia welcomed freedom of expression but drew the line at mocking sacred religious symbols, he said.

"I think this is not only about a bilateral issue between Indonesia and Denmark, this is a much more serious issue ... It involves the whole Islamic world vis-a-vis Denmark and vis-a-vis the trend of Islamophobia," Thamrin added.

Newspapers in France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland and Hungary have reprinted the caricatures this week, saying press freedom was more important than the protests and boycotts they have provoked.

Many Arab commentators said the European defense rings hollow because, they said, European media protected Judaism and Israel from criticism.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© Reuters 2006. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:23:32 AM EDT
[#1]
like i said before in a thread that got locked, these are ordinary everyday working ropers, not extremists. there is no defense of islam until they have an epiphany and get their act together themselves. those statements in jordan are a start but there has to be a lot more.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:33:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure the person working the front desk at the Consulate personally approved of the cartoon before it was run.  

What idiots.  That's like me going up to some random British guy and punching him because I don't like a comment some MP made in a speech in Parliament yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:01:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wonder what would be said if some Moron or Baptist group went into a building and started smashing things because of some "cartoon"?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#4]
hahahaha i think he forgot the "m"...or maybe not...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:08:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Those wacky ropers. Cwazy folks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:12:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Good. Let it happen.

Let the European group-huggers see what a bunch of fanatics they've been coddling all these years.

Maybe, just maybe, the fucking lightbulb will come on and the rest of the world will start getting as pissed at these ignorant savages as we are, and start helping us give them the all-around bitch-slapping they deserve.

I'm sorry, but every day my opinion of these people, and their so-called "peaceful" faith, goes further and further down the toilet.

Meanwhile, there is near-silence from the leaders of Islam.

Sickening.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:21:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Anybody have pics of the offending cartoons? I haven't seen them yet.

ETA - nevermind, I found em,   BFD

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:22:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I want one made into a bumper sticker.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:22:48 AM EDT
[#9]
hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PROPHET_DRAWINGS?SITE=PAPOT&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-02-03-08-41-06

Muslims Again Protest Muhammad Caricatures

By QASSIM ABDEL-ZAHRA
Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) -- Thousands of Iraqis protested after Friday prayers against caricatures of Islam's Prophet Muhammad reprinted in European papers and the country's top Shiite cleric denounced the drawings.

A roadside bomb killed an American soldier north of Baghdad while gunmen killed a tribal leader and a policeman in the southern city of Basra, the U.S. military and Iraqi officials said Friday.

The caricatures, including one depicting the Muslim prophet wearing a turban fashioned into a bomb, were reprinted in Norwegian, French, German and, even, Jordanian papers after first appearing in a Danish paper in September. The caricatures were republished after Muslims decried the images as insulting to their prophet.

"We strongly denounce and condemn this horrific action," Iraq's top Shiite cleric, Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, said of the caricatures in a statement posted on his Web site and dated Jan. 31.

Thousands of Iraqis staged demonstrations after weekly mosque prayer services on Friday. About 4,500 people joined rallies in Basra and hundreds at a Baghdad mosque. Danish flags were burned at both demonstrations.

Al-Sistani, who wields enormous influence over Iraq's majority Shiites, made no call for protests and suggested that militant Muslims were partly to blame for distorting Islam's image.

He referred to "misguided and oppressive" segments of the Muslim community and said their actions "projected a distorted and dark image of the faith of justice, love and brotherhood."

"Enemies have exploited this ... to spread their poison and revive their old hatreds with new methods and mechanisms," he said of the cartoons.

Though al-Sistani did not call for demonstrations, other Shiite Islamic and Sunni leaders across Iraq did.

The caricatures were first published in September in the Danish newspaper Jyllands-Posten. The issue reignited last week after Saudi Arabia recalled its ambassador to Denmark and many European newspapers reprinted them this week.

The Jyllands-Posten had asked 40 cartoonists to draw images of the prophet. The purpose, its chief editor said, was "to examine whether people would succumb to self-censorship, as we have seen in other cases when it comes to Muslim issues."

The 12 caricatures have prompted boycotts of Danish goods, bomb threats and demonstrations in front of Danish embassies across the Islamic world. Muslims have also directed their anger at other European countries, with Palestinian gunmen briefly kidnapping a German citizen Thursday and surrounding European Union headquarters in Gaza.

Islamic law, based on clerics' interpretation of the Quran and the sayings of the prophet, forbids depictions of the Prophet Muhammad and other major religious figures - even positive ones - to prevent idolatry. Shiite Muslim clerics differ in that they allow images of their greatest saint, Ali, the prophet's son-in-law, though not Muhammad.

In Indonesia, 150 demonstrators hurled eggs at the building housing the Danish Embassy, then stormed in, pushing past security guards.

Shouting "God is Great," they tried to enter elevators to reach the mission on the building's 25th floor, but had to settle for tearing down a Danish flag and burning it on the pavement outside the building.

"We are not terrorists, we are not anarchists, but we are against those people who blaspheme Islam," a protester wearing white Arabic-style robes shouted outside the building.

Fundamentalist Muslims protested outside the Danish Embassy in Malaysia, chanting "Long live Islam, destroy our enemies" and accusing the Jyllands-Posten of seeking to incite hatred.

"It's an uncivilized act. It's heinous," said Hanifah Maidin, youth wing spokesman of the Pan-Malaysian Islamic Party, demanding the Danish government apologize to the Muslim world.

About 800 people protested in Pakistan's capital, Islamabad, chanting "Death to Denmark" and "Death to France." Another rally in the southern city of Karachi drew 1,200 people.

Pakistan's parliament unanimously voted to condemn the drawings as a "vicious, outrageous and provocative campaign" that has "hurt the faith and feelings of Muslims all over the world."

French Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy said Friday he was shocked that Islamic hard-liners have burned flags to protest the caricatures. But he also criticized the drawings, saying "it isn't normal to caricature a whole religion as an extremist or even terrorist movement."

Dutch-language newspapers in Belgium and two Italian right-wing papers reprinted the drawings Friday.

"What shame, Europe gives in to Islam and apologizes for the satire of Allah," Italian newspaper Libero wrote under a banner headline.

In the latest Iraqi violence, the U.S. military said an American soldier assigned to Multi-National Division-Baghdad was killed Thursday - the sixth American military fatality this month.

The latest death took the number of U.S. military personnel killed to 2,248 since the Iraq war began in March 2003, according to an Associated Press count.

Police in Basra also said gunmen killed a tribal leader, Sheik Baqir al-Issa, and a traffic policeman in separate shootings Friday in the city, 340 miles southeast of Baghdad.

The motives for the killings were not immediately clear. But Basra has witnessed a recent spike in violence linked to Shiite militia groups.

Iraqi officials raised the death toll to 16 in two car bombings which occurred 20 minutes apart on Thursday capital's eastern New Baghdad district. Thirteen were killed in the bombing at an outdoor market and the three others during the earlier blast at a gasoline station.

The bomber apparently wanted to attack a Shiite mosque but was prevented by barricades and turned to the market instead, police Capt. Mohammed Jassim said.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:26:54 AM EDT
[#10]
This controversy about Mo's picture is a ruse to keep the muslim sheeples distracted from the facts. Our unemployment rate is under 5% and their is way-way higher. So they take advantage of anything in their minds to feel indignant about because their society can't compete and they can't handle it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:36:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Hell, I see this as a worldwide call to artists... get creative!

Matter of fact, we should all pool together and pay a reward to any artist who's cartoon depiction causes a stir up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:41:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Drudge has a link to them.

I'm sorry, but every day my opinion of these people, and their so-called "peaceful" faith, goes further and further down the toilet.

Sickening.

+7.62  
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:42:38 AM EDT
[#13]

"What shame, Europe gives in to Islam and apologizes for the satire of Allah," Italian newspaper Libero wrote under a banner headline.

heh, no roper mo lovers in italia! i remember that italian hostage, "i show you how an italian dies!"
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:11:31 AM EDT
[#14]

"We strongly denounce and condemn this horrific action"

shees.....horrific action?????   It's a  cartoon folks!

I thought a phrase like that was reserved for decapitating hostages with a dull machete....

Oh, right, that's just  freedom of expression

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:54:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wonder what would be said if some Moron or Baptist group went into a building and started smashing things because of some "cartoon"?

Mormon...mis-typed it...I was just referencing a couple of different Christian groups.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#16]
It's quite plain really.
The cockroaches will demonstrate by the thousands, terrorize and destroy things because of  a cartoon.  Al jizzimera and our media will cover these displays 24/7.
These same cockroaches are NOWHERE to be found when members of their "religion" murder innocents or terrorize the world.  No mass demonstrations, no media coverage of anyone denouncing etc...
Makes one think now doesn't it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#17]
IBTBK1L!

RoPer's are very peaceful...didn't you know that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:23:05 PM EDT
[#18]
<<<<<< IBTL

Just remember, kids, "islam is not the enemy."
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:26:46 PM EDT
[#19]
This is probably OK with most Democrats .... let's see a cartoon of Mohammed screwing his 9 year old wife.

The ROP Lovers will probably ban me now....
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:30:09 PM EDT
[#20]
They (muslims) do have a "tendency" to riot, don't they?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:30:35 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Drudge has a link to them.

Sickening.

+7.62  

+U232
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It's quite plain really.
The cockroaches will demonstrate by the thousands, terrorize and destroy things because of  a cartoon.  Al jizzimera and our media will cover these displays 24/7.
These same cockroaches are NOWHERE to be found when members of their "religion" murder innocents or terrorize the world.  No mass demonstrations, no media coverage of anyone denouncing etc...
Makes one think now doesn't it.

Apparently all except those who are running a media business...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#23]
A cartoon is worth rioting over, but decapitation is acceptable.

Get with the times you savages.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:50:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:50:29 PM EDT
[#26]
The shit is going to hit the fan up here. Every euro I've talked to has no sympathy for the RoP'ers.  They value freedom of speech a lot more than respect for Islam.  It's not about disrespect, it's about submission.  The RoP'ers think they can tell people in the West to do what they want, just because we're always so nice, forgiving, and understanding.  It's like the black guy at the warehouse I used to work at it.  I lent him $5 for lunch one time, and from that day forward he continued to take me for a fool and tried to get more free shit and control over me anytime he could.  I ended up having to pull a knife on that guy.  Same's gonna happen with the muslims.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Nobody here got upset when the progressives were burning the American flag ... its just a piece of cloth.

Nobody here got upset when the progressive NEA had a Christian cross sitting in a clear glass jar of urine ... its just art.

Nobody here got upset when the progressives had put an American flag on the floor of a gallery in front of guest log ... its just art.

Nobody here is that narrow minded right?

Isn't violence the difference? How many riots were there, how much property damage was done?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Remember the propaganda that the progressive media uses to control your emotions. Covering up the un-employment news is a perfect example. Forget about record American productivity and focus on the failure of Ford and GM. Small minds are so easily turned away from a target. You never hear good news because you have to search for it while at the same time there is a constant bleat from the sheep of everything bad.

Don’t mention the elections success, talk about the IED problem. When a fallen Californian soldier’s father talks positive about his son’s contribution to the war effort and world peace focus on the whack job of Cindy Shehan.

Those in charge of the news don't control what the people think - they control what people think about.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Bombings and THREATS OF SUICIDE BOMBINGS over the cartoons?

Cartoon controversy spreads throughout Muslim world
Cartoon row spreads
Ewen MacAskill, Sandra Laville and Luke Harding in Berlin
Saturday February 4, 2006
The Guardian
www.guardian.co.uk/religion/Story/0,,1702104,00.html
Governments across Europe, the Middle East and Asia were reluctantly sucked into the Danish cartoon row yesterday as hundreds of thousands of Muslims took to the streets to protest.
The dispute spread to London for the first time. More than 500 people, led by the extremist group al-Ghuraba, formerly al-Mujahiroun, marched to the Danish embassy in Knightsbridge carrying banners calling on Muslims to "massacre" those who insult Islam and chanting: "Britain, you will pay, 7/7 on its way."

Pakistan and Turkey condemned publication of the satirical drawings of the prophet Muhammad, originally published in a Danish newspaper. Underlining the extent of the international divide over the issue, the German government pointedly defended the right of papers across Europe to publish the cartoons, including four in Germany. But the British government, in an unusual divergence from the rest of Europe on such issues, sided with Pakistan and Turkey.
Fearful of reprisals, Germany and other European countries stepped up security at their embassies across the Middle East. The German move came after gunmen briefly kidnapped a 21-year-old German on Thursday from a hotel in Nablus. Palestinian gunmen threw a pipebomb into a French cultural centre in Gaza City in the early hours of yesterday. Later, 300 demonstrators rampaged through the lobby of a building housing the Danish embassy in Jakarta.

The cartoons were first published in a Danish paper, Jyllands-Posten, in September. The Danish government initially ignored complaints from the country's Muslims, who then took their campaign to the Middle East and Asia. Anders Fogh Rasmussen, the Danish prime minister, made a belated attempt yesterday to end the row by calling in about 70 ambassadors, including those from Muslim-dominated countries. But Mona Omar Attia, the Egyptian ambassador, said she would recommend that diplomatic action against Denmark should continue.

Pakistan's parliament unanimously passed a resolution yesterday criticising the newspapers publishing the cartoons for conducting a "vicious, outrageous and provocative campaign".

The Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, was quoted in the Turkish press saying: "Caricatures of prophet Muhammad are an attack against our spiritual values. There should be a limit of freedom of press."

Jack Straw, the foreign secretary, denounced the decision to republish the cartoons, saying press freedom carried an obligation not "to be gratuitously inflammatory". Mr Straw, at a press conference in London, said that while he was committed to press freedom, "I believe that the republication of these cartoons has been insulting, it has been insensitive, it has been disrespectful and it has been wrong". He praised the British press, which up to yesterday had not published the cartoons, for showing "considerable responsibility and sensitivity".

By contrast, Wolfgang Schauble, the German home minister, defended the decision by four German newspapers to publish the cartoons: "Why should the German government apologise? This is an expression of press freedom."

Today a New Zealand newspaper, the Dominion Post, became the first in that country to publish the cartoons. Its editor, Tim Pankhurst, said: "We do not want to be deliberately provocative, but neither should we allow ourselves to be intimidated."

The Foreign Office's private view is that the decisions to publish elsewhere in Europe verge on Islamophobia. Mr Straw's comments were later echoed by the US government, which described the cartoons as "offensive to the beliefs of Muslims" and criticised the European press. A US state department spokeswoman, Janelle Hironimus, said: "Inciting religious or ethnic hatred in this manner is not acceptable."

Outside the Danish embassy in London, demonstrators burned the Danish flag before ripping it apart. Scuffles broke out at Hyde Park Corner, as marchers clashed with a motorcyclist who called them "extremists". He was protected by police as some demonstrators surrounded him.

Anjem Choudhary, one of the leaders of the demonstration, refused to condemn the threat of another suicide attack in London on the scale of the July 7 bombings as a result of the perceived insult to Islam. "I am not in the business of condoning or condemning," he said. "The fact is that 7/7 was brought upon the people of London and Britain by the foreign policy of Tony Blair. There is no reason why there should not be more suicide bombings in London."

Passersby stopped police officers to ask why the marchers were being allowed to carry banners threatening further suicide attacks in the city. One police officer replied: "Don't worry. We are photographing them."
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:39:42 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Nobody here got upset when the progressives were burning the American flag ... its just a piece of cloth.

Nobody here got upset when the progressive NEA had a Christian cross sitting in a clear glass jar of urine ... its just art.

Nobody here got upset when the progressives had put an American flag on the floor of a gallery in front of guest log ... its just art.

There's plenty of reason to hate them for real honest to God causes, this sort of thing is really weak and is a poor reach. Hate them for the murders of inocent Americans in September of 2001, the beheadings on television, the hanging of our dead from the bridges, for using the IED they to kill our service members, not for protesting the violation of their religious principles as we do when they remove a stone tablet of the Ten Commandments from an Alabama court house.

Remind me.  How many Roman Catholic suicide bombers blew up museums over the crucifix in urine or the Blessed Mary splattered with shit?

How many American veteran groups kidnapped progressives and hacked off their heads in the flag incidents?

Sure am glad the Lutheran synods quit blowing up each others churches and slaughtering children...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:54:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Those in charge of the news don't control what the people think - they control what people think about.

... if you tell a lie often enough ... if you bombard people constantly with the same bad news 7/24 and with hold or bury any good news you will change people's fundamental feelings. I only watch the national newscasts by mistake as I flip through the channels. The local news tends to shy away from the outright national propaganda and only warps local issues so I can stomach most of their crap while waiting for something better to do.

The major networks have lost millions of viewers ... they need to lose more.

The violence here was minimum because it was mainly church groups here doing the protests while over there it's a war time government/church pulling the strings across country lines trying to rally their troops to "war" - more bombings spread through-out Europe now. They haven't been sucessful on the open battlefield, they haven't been sucessful enough yet in swaying American opinions (thank God for George Bush!), but did have sucess with the bombings in Spain. They need all of that that they can gather.

Here we have the freedom of and from religion, they don't. The police can arrest and jail you if you don't stop for prayers and you're a muslim. Even our pious "Bible Belt" can't hold a candle to the amount of religious ferver in the mid-east. It's the narcotic that their governments enforce upon them to control their thoughts and actions and to maintain power.

GWB threw the biggest monkey wrench they have seen since the Crusades into their little world and now they're having to re-think their whole power structure. If they lose this they'll never get their total control over the people back. They'll lose everything they've gathered for the last 400 years so they have nothing to lose.

Did you follow the Iraq - Iran war? They beat each other silly for nearly a decade for what? They would send untrained troops across the battle field to clear the mines for the trained regulars. They destroyed themselves and their countries in a war in which neither side could win - nor would they quit. The war with us and the rest of the west is far different and will muster up more energy than the Iran-Iraq war did ... and they'll have to get pounded harder than they did then.

If GWB has made one mistake in this war I think it's that we're trying too hard to protect and keep their country pain free. They need to suffer like the Japanese and Germans did during WWII. They need to feel the hunger, see the cities burning, to lose generations of effort, decades worth of progress, centuries worth of art and culture ... because these people are every much as brain washed and controlled as the Hitler youth and the Kamakazi pilots of the Japanese. These people will know no end, they will not accept a peace that leaves freedom and democracy in their land - they can't. Only a complete and utter defeat or the death of every one over there filled with hate will end this.

We can not continue to sit back and pop them off one and two at a time and allow them IED attacks upon us and the peaceful citizens of their country. The media isn't going to let the military "do what it has to" but I'm not so certain we can have another generation of returning soldiers like the ones that came back from Viet Nam. The media will tweak them just the same as was done in Viet Nam, turning the American people against the military.

Our politics is killing American Soldiers and Marines as sure as they were pulling the triggers themselves.

You sound just like that voice in my head.  I've been saying this for years now. Sometimes you have to kick a country's ass, not just a country's military's ass.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:58:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:01:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Bombings and THREATS OF SUICIDE BOMBINGS over the cartoons?

Cartoon controversy spreads throughout Muslim world
Cartoon row spreads
Ewen MacAskill, Sandra Laville and Luke Harding in Berlin
Saturday February 4, 2006
The Guardian

Today a New Zealand newspaper, the Dominion Post, became the first in that country to publish the cartoons. Its editor, Tim Pankhurst, said: "We do not want to be deliberately provocative, but neither should we allow ourselves to be intimidated."

LOL!!  They didn't run it until they found out how much it pissed off ROPers.  

Anjem Choudhary, one of the leaders of the demonstration, refused to condemn the threat of another suicide attack in London on the scale of the July 7 bombings as a result of the perceived insult to Islam. "I am not in the business of condoning or condemning," he said. "The fact is that 7/7 was brought upon the people of London and Britain by the foreign policy of Tony Blair. There is no reason why there should not be more suicide bombings in London."

Man, if that doesn't show you something about what we're up against....
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:14:38 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We can not continue to sit back and pop them off one and two at a time and allow them IED attacks upon us and the peaceful citizens of their country.
Our politics is killing American Soldiers and Marines as sure as they were pulling the triggers themselves.

Aren't most of the attackers in Iraq non-Iraq's. Are you saying we should start carpet bombing every Muslim country that is against us.
I don't think Iraq is the problem, Islam is.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:39:07 AM EDT
[#36]
I found a shitload of muslim cartoons on google image search but which one is the "offending" on of the day?

gee, another riot?  wow, are they going to burn cars, etc too?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:46:17 AM EDT
[#37]
You can blame the media for getting them into a frenzy.

- rem
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:02:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's plenty of reason to hate them for real honest to God causes, this sort of thing is really weak and is a poor reach. Hate them for the murders of inocent Americans in September of 2001, the beheadings on television, the hanging of our dead from the bridges, for using the IED they to kill our service members, not for protesting the violation of their religious principles as we do when they remove a stone tablet of the Ten Commandments from an Alabama court house.

Remind me.  How many Roman Catholic suicide bombers blew up museums over the crucifix in urine or the Blessed Mary splattered with shit?

How many American veteran groups kidnapped progressives and hacked off their heads in the flag incidents?

Sure am glad the Lutheran synods quit blowing up each others churches and slaughtering children...

None ... you don't have a very good memory do you?

I would hope you have a better understanding of the nature of the middle east.

Don't read my posts much, do you?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:47:48 PM EDT
[#40]

Be hard pressed to not be sooting mother fuckers, if I was one of those Danish consulate guards.  Guessing they're not armed.

Eurodumbasses (not the Danes, of course, they're one of FEW who're by our side in Iraq) need to wake the fuck up, and soon.......

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:48:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Aren't most of the attackers in Iraq non-Iraq's. Are you saying we should start carpet bombing every Muslim country that is against us.
I don't think Iraq is the problem, Islam is.

IMHO, eventually it won't matter.

A fair number of Germans were not Nazis, never voted for Hitler, and hated the whole idea.
We carpet bombed them anyway. Can't tell them from the rest.

If you want to fight a war (and a lot of Muslims say we are), eventually you have to just deal with collateral damage. It sucks, but it's better than losing.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
<<<<<< IBTL

Just remember, kids, "islam is not the enemy."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top