Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 10:48:54 AM EDT
www.petitiononline.com/10000008/petition.html

To:  US Congress
This is a petition for the United States Government to release all closed military bases to provided temporary housing and hospital facilities for all Hurricane Katrina victims in need of shelter, food, water and health care.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Online peitions are as worthless as Enron stock.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:57:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.petitiononline.com/10000008/petition.html

To:  US Congress
This is a petition for the United States Government to release all closed military bases to provided temporary housing and hospital facilities for all Hurricane Katrina victims in need of shelter, food, water and health care.

Isn't this already being done?  I know a few thousand were scheduled to be transferred to Otis AFB in MA, and a base in RI this week.  According to reports, the evacuees have declined the offer.

I guess it's too far.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Can we nominate a vacant base?  How about the one in the Philippines?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Or Roosevelt Roads.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:00:56 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Purto Rico?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Purto Rico?

That's where Roosevelt Roads and Ramey Air Force Base were.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:06:02 AM EDT
[#8]
They are already doing it at some old bases and have been for almost a week.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:08:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

How about Gitmo, well at least for some of them.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, if we do that we are going to have to rename a street to "MLK Highway".

Av.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:24:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Or Roosevelt Roads.

The base is still in great shape. I would love to go down and stay at my old house on Yorktown circle.

Fort pickett is going to accept people. Its a mostly closed Army base outside of Richmond.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:29:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Have you seen the condition of some of the bases after they're shut down?  The buildings
deteriorate quickly and alot have asbestos in them.  I can see the lawsuits in a few years when the inhabitants come down with whatever disease and blame it on the asbestos.    
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:32:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Have you seen the condition of some of the bases after they're shut down?  The buildings
deteriorate quickly and alot have asbestos in them.  I can see the lawsuits in a few years when the inhabitants come down with whatever disease and blame it on the asbestos.    

"I got herpes from staying the old dorms."
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Cant be any worse than how they left the superdome
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cant be any worse than how they left the superdome

Wanna bet? I helped shut down one base back in the late 90's and have visited several others that I used to be stationed on that are now shut down.  They're bad.  Not to say that all of them are, but the ones I have first hand experience with are.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:37:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Online peitions are as worthless as Enron stock.

you can sell  Enron stock certificates on Ebay  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:38:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Is there an online petition asking uncle sam to stop giving aid to Katrina victims?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top