Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/18/2002 5:17:59 AM EST
Well, it does appear that the shoe bomber's attorneys will stoop to great depths to have him freed on technicalities. The newest pitch, but visited before, it that he didn't understand his Miranda rights because physicians on the plane sedated him with "massive" doses of Valium and other seditives. My question is, does this act of "chemical restraint" administered by the physicians open them up to suit by Richard Reid or for the physicians to be Federally charged with violating his civil rights? I want to anticipate this vermin's next move.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 9:40:48 AM EST
The way I see it-- since he was attempting mass murder, they could have killed him legally in self defense. He was lucky they didn't. With that in mind, since he violated their rights, he should not be allowed to claim his civil rights were violated, espcially since they could have killed him.
Link Posted: 6/18/2002 10:20:20 AM EST
He is just blowing hot air. In a post 9-11 world any terrorist caught in the act is lucky to be alive yet alone go to court. I think a judge will throw the civil suit right out of the courtroom. When someone is about to take your life, all bets are off. What the doctor did was in reality what probably save his life. He should be kissing the doctors feet. I can't see any court in America entertaining this though for more than it takes to throw it out. If I were the doctor I would have promptly submitted the perp a bill for medical services rendered on the plane.
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:45:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/19/2002 1:04:57 AM EST by SeaDweller]
I realize it might have been harder to beat the shit out of Reid on an airplane, but Taliban Ranger Johnny Walker should have never been allowed to hobble out alive from that prison camp ( Damm, what a long sentence ). Especially after that bloody uprising. Why couldn't Walker have just taken a few 7.62's & .223's to the head? Or get his head hacked off by a machete? Why? Why? Why? Why?
Link Posted: 6/19/2002 12:58:19 AM EST
Top Top