Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2010 6:40:01 AM EDT
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/07/21/harry_reid_auto_bailout_probably_saved_ford.html

OK, he says "probably", but there is that certain irony that Ford was saved while declining the handout.    If they only could have saved the banks the same way...
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
In other news, Reid is desperately trying to save his job.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:44:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow, bailing out the other 2 automakers helped ford because they still have compitition?   Didn't
Ford not take bailout money. I'm confused...
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:44:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Reid is right. People said fuck Government Motors & Cry-Slur due to the bail out and bought Fords thus increasing Ford's market share.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:45:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I recall last year, how the Dems were deriding Ford for not taking the money, and saying "it's only a matter of time until they do."

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:46:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow, bailing out the other 2 automakers helped ford because they still have compitition?   Didn't
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Reid is right. People said fuck Government Motors & Cry-Slur due to the bail out and bought Fords thus increasing Ford's market share.  

This.
Reid is right, just probably not in the way he thinks he is. Or maybe he acknowledges the backlash, I duno.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:48:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Weird, 2 minute delayed double tap.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:48:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, must be Reid!
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:54:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

this
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:59:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Forgot to add, Reid can suck a dick and fuck Obama...
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:01:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Alzheimer's is setting in.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:08:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Sort of. Ford made some timely and desperate financial moves prior to the bust. They took huge loans against most of their liquid assets. So, when the bottom dropped out, they had operating cash. Rather than take the bailout, they took a wait and see sort of attitude. It was a bold move, but to the public, they seemed solvent (which technically, they were). This probably helped their sales.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

Sort of. Ford made some timely and desperate financial moves prior to the bust. They took huge loans against most of their liquid assets. So, when the bottom dropped out, they had operating cash. Rather than take the bailout, they took a wait and see sort of attitude. It was a bold move, but to the public, they seemed solvent (which technically, they were). This probably helped their sales.

This is where having the Ford Family in charge can make for decisive and bold strategies. I doubt GM would/could ever pull this off.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:28:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:36:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Magnets.
Magnets... and rainbows.

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

this

This is where having the Ford Family in charge can make for decisive and bold strategies. I doubt GM would/could ever pull this off.

Agreed.  They embarked on a much needed restructuring and bet the farm to do it.  GM just couldn't follow suit because of its boated bureaucracy and "too big to fail" mentality.  Moreover, the "reforms" forced by the government upon GM were largely cosmetic.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 7:54:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Didn't Reid invent email? Al-gore invented the Internet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top