Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2002 4:44:51 PM EDT
Couple things.

First off, if you re-read my post, you'll see that I have mucho respect for cops who are cops for the right reasons. If you're going to try to defend arrogant, uncaring LEO's, I don't know what to tell you. Arrogant, uncaring people in general are indefensible, and LEO's more so because like it or not, being capable of dealing with people in a polite fashion is part of the job description. It's not all knocking down doors and writing traffic tickets.

Second, I admitted that it was entirely possible that I misunderstood Waverunner's meaning. I admitted it twice, and plainly said there was no way I was going back to edit the post because I'm not a weasel. I said it, and if I was incorrect, then I'm not going to go back like a punk with a historical etch-a-sketch to shake over my head and make any incorrect thing I said go away.

Third, Urodoji. Don't get too ahead of yourself, speedy. Ask around. I started posting on this board many, many moons ago, way before the upgrade, back some time in 99 or 98. As DonR. He probably remembers me. If not, what can I tell you. LordTrader certainly should.

MMSig, if you're a cop, I weep for your town.In your post you call women housefrau (and it' hausefrau, I believe, genius), people who run out of gas "morons", crime victims "dumbasses", and accused those that don't confront their neighbors for being obnoxious of "not having a set". Isn't it the mantra, "don't get involved, let us handle it"? That doesn't just include dynamic entry, hotshot. It includes the shit jobs too. The good cops know this. Maybe it's time for you to hang it up. You just don't have the temperment.

Naked, you have it all wrong. I went out of my way to mention that I am sure there are great cops out there, who put on a badge for all the right reasons. I think that NYPD might be one of the biggest group of cops like this. Dangerous job, criminally low pay, real crime to deal with. If you read my post, I said that I think it's mostly local yokels who are the clowns. Disagree with me? Fine. It's my experience, not yours.

Again, those that remember me know I'm not a shitstick. Those that don't, take the time to read the posts. I am not a hothead, although I will admit I probably got a bit ahead of myself on Wave, for which I am sorry.

That's it, I'm sure this will be locked, and for that I am sorry. I'm not a thread-lock kind of guy.

Live Free or Die.

Vass
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 4:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Couple things.

First off, if you re-read my post, you'll see that I have mucho respect for cops who are cops for the right reasons. If you're going to try to defend arrogant, uncaring LEO's, I don't know what to tell you. Arrogant, uncaring people in general are indefensible, and LEO's more so because like it or not, being capable of dealing with people in a polite fashion is part of the job description. It's not all knocking down doors and writing traffic tickets.
View Quote

I think the goal is for officers to be professional and objective. Not to get all "gooey" on every call like it's the crime of the centrury.

Second, I admitted that it was entirely possible that I misunderstood Waverunner's meaning. I admitted it twice, and plainly said there was no way I was going back to edit the post because I'm not a weasel. I said it, and if I was incorrect, then I'm not going to go back like a punk with a historical etch-a-sketch to shake over my head and make any incorrect thing I said go away.
View Quote

It wasn't possible, you did.

MMSig, if you're a cop, I weep for your town.In your post you call women housefrau (and it' hausefrau, I believe, genius), people who run out of gas "morons", crime victims "dumbasses", and accused those that don't confront their neighbors for being obnoxious of "not having a set". Isn't it the mantra, "don't get involved, let us handle it"? That doesn't just include dynamic entry, hotshot. It includes the shit jobs too. The good cops know this. Maybe it's time for you to hang it up. You just don't have the temperment.
View Quote

Your may be barking up the wrong tree here too. Like it or not LEO's have to spend a fair amount of time protecting people from themselves.

I is truly amazing when you get to go to car break ins, burglaries, thefts, etc over and over again and 90% of the victims had stuff stolen, that they left in plain view, in an unsecured house, car, etc. Then they want to no how long it will take to get their stuff back.

Ummm, lock up your stuff.

Naked, you have it all wrong. I went out of my way to mention that I am sure there are great cops out there, who put on a badge for all the right reasons. I think that NYPD might be one of the biggest group of cops like this. Dangerous job, criminally low pay, real crime to deal with. If you read my post, I said that I think it's mostly local yokels who are the clowns. Disagree with me? Fine. It's my experience, not yours.
View Quote

Most burglaries are solved by finding the stolen goods, at pawn shops, at drug houses, or simply on traffic stops. The list of stolen items, with serial numbers or identifying marks can do more to solve the crime than fingerprints, and tire tracks, altho those help to.

IBTL
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Vass,

I saw that low post count crack. Unfortunately, I saw it after the thread was locked. It was a cheap shot from a relative newcomer to the board.

I remember you from way back, and I registered here in July of 99. I still have a copy of "Vass' Rant", and I still share it with friends on occasion.

While he may not be the most prolific of posters, Vass is definitely a good guy and a veteran from the old, old boards.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Couple things.

View Quote

I think the goal is for officers to be professional and objective. Not to get all "gooey" on every call like it's the crime of the centrury.

[i] Did I ask anyone to hold my hand and call me sweetheart? No, I asked to not be treated poorly. That isn't gooey. That is respect for others. If I have a bad day is it ok for me to tell someone who asks for directions to fuck off? Hardly. [/i]

View Quote

It wasn't possible, you did.

[i] Hard to tell. Wave didn't respond. I probably misjudged what was on his mind. Now you're going to read it?[/i]

View Quote

Your may be barking up the wrong tree here too. Like it or not LEO's have to spend a fair amount of time protecting people from themselves.

[i]What this response has to do with what I said, I have no idea. Because cops protect people from themselves, they have the right to call them morons, hausefraus, and dumbasses? Huh?[/i]

I is truly amazing when you get to go to car break ins, burglaries, thefts, etc over and over again and 90% of the victims had stuff stolen, that they left in plain view, in an unsecured house, car, etc. Then they want to no how long it will take to get their stuff back.

Ummm, lock up your stuff.

View Quote

Most burglaries are solved by finding the stolen goods, at pawn shops, at drug houses, or simply on traffic stops. The list of stolen items, with serial numbers or identifying marks can do more to solve the crime than fingerprints, and tire tracks, altho those help to.

[i] Again, I fail to see the relevance to my quote.

Thug baby, good to see you're still around. I appreciate the character reference :)..God, the Rant...I don't even have that...if you happen to have it around, throw it in a thread some time..I'm just enough of a jerk to get a thrill out of that!

Again, I'm not a trouble maker. I made my peace. If you want to keep coming after me, go nuts, but it's not going to leave you with a good taste.[/i]

IBTL
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Vass,

I'm not sure a character reference from me is a good thing. [BD]

Anyway, here's your rant:

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=138487[/url]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 6:59:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Vass,

I read Wave's reply, and didn't think he was a wise guy or a trouble maker by it. I was surprised by your reaction to it.

The officer's conduct might have been distant, or they may have been trying to gather enough info to complete an effective report and been concentrating on that. The officer may have been brand new, or completely and totally aware of the PD's policy, investigative method for burglaries, and following it to a "T". Just because you think they should have done the investigation some other way doesn't mean your right and they were wrong.

I'm not sure we can tell by what you said in your post.

Plus your not talking about a rude, swearing, abusive, not willing to take reports officer. You are saying that basically you didn't like the officer. Many places don't go all out on crime scene when a crime occurs.  It has to do with resources that the police dept has, time available to investigate crimes, volume of crimes, seriousness of crime etc.

We do fingerprint and photo many crime scenes like the one you descrided, including tire tracks. It means every officer has a digital camera and a 35mm camera, fingerprint, and other evidence supplies. It comes down to $$$$$$$$. We have a low crime rate, so we can devote more time/effort to fewer crimes.

However not every place is so lucky, and I don't hear a lot of people yelling to have their taxes raised. But I do often see things about cutting taxes, and expenses for govt. services. You may have just recieved the level of police services that the citizens REQUESTED, whether they knew how it would effect them or not.

As far as how the investigation is handled, I can tell you that more crimes are solved by dumb luck, persistence, and recovering reported stolen goods later, then fingerprints and tire tracks. Fingerprints and tire tracks sound good, but serial #'s solve more property crimes by far.

As far as your quotes, on that seemed out of context, I put it in there to keep your "tone" in there. Meaninng that I didn't get that you were anti LEO, but that you had some questions about how this incident in particular was handled, and your comments about Wave.......
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top