Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2013 5:52:19 AM EDT
I have a cousin, she is 22, has been sucking on the public tit her whole live.  The highest paying job she has ever had was part time at a theater concession stand.  He and her on again off again boyfriend squatted out a kid last year which we are paying for.  She got a job at Kroger in November and quit it 4 days later because she was not feeling like working.  Now she is in junior college on assistance and bragging about her new computer she got.  i will be floored if she gets any degree.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:59:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Family member who is looking at a $14k+ tax return. Been bragging about it non stop for the last month and a half.

He has been unemployed for the last 6 months, had a low paying job before that. His 2 stepkids, his kid and being poor apparently entitle him to this.

Meanwhile, I, as a not even middle class person am staring down the barrel of a tax bill roughly that number. Working poor + contractor + no flock of crotchfruit = Assrape by the IRS.

Of course, his "free" money will be squandered on new computer, newer car & other frivolous shit.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 5:59:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I know a lot of those types 20+ years down the road.  A large percentage of my old High School friends are bitter losers who think that the world is stacked against them.  Nah, it has nothing to do with the choosing poorly that they did in their youth.  An odd theme running through them is that if everybody was miserable, they'd probably shut up.  However, when some are more successful, there's a problem and perhaps Obama can fix it!  Pretty pathetic...  I wear my arrogant label with pride.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:01:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Lol... Flock of crotch fruit...  Haha
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:03:30 AM EDT
[#4]
A friend of mine, 25, was asked who she was voting for in the last election.  She said "Obama, because he gives me free money for school."

I said "No, we give you free money for school.  You're welcome."
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:07:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:09:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Lady that works for us has a Fat ASS Loser son that lives in upstate NY.  Several years ago he was living in a van on the beach.  Today he's married to a girl with multiple kids, both in their late 20's, he's on disability for whatever freakin excuse.  The lady I work with brags about how much support they get out of the state and fed goverment.  Housing, food, & transportation allowances.  Health care, child care, utilities paid for, etc.....

I'm sick and tired of this shit, she is an employee so I have to watch what I say around her or she would get an ear full from me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:13:19 AM EDT
[#7]
God...I'm not sure i even want to type this stuff. There are so many here...

Here's one, then I'm not posting in this thread anymore.

Guy I know has a problem where around every 6 months or a year, he goes on a massive crack binge. Then he sobers up and goes back to work

He says he's depressed (and probably is), so to clean up, he always checks himself into mental health. This has been going on for years...

Well, I guess all the "effort" finally paid off for him. He got a disability check and some food stamps and such for his kids. He doesn't work except for coaching his kid's sports teams and the occasional side job. He recently got that surgery where they cut his stomach down because he was so fat (paid for by good citizens like me), and he was bragging about going to Golden Coral the next day for all you can eat steak

I know this because one of my buddies goes quad riding with him all the time

Speed
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:16:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A LOT of people I know send their kids to public school.

I homeschooled, and sent my kids to private school K-8.
I get what your saying, I just couldn't swing private High school. It was a huge increase in cost.
I can at least say mine all graduated. My youngest is in the top 4% of her class.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:21:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lady that works for us has a Fat ASS Loser son that lives in upstate NY.  Several years ago he was living in a van on the beach down by the river..  Today he's married to a girl with multiple kids, both in their late 20's, he's on disability for whatever freakin excuse.  The lady I work with brags about how much support they get out of the state and fed goverment.  Housing, food, & transportation allowances.  Health care, child care, utilities paid for, etc.....

I'm sick and tired of this shit, she is an employee so I have to watch what I say around her or she would get an ear full from me.

FIFY.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:24:30 AM EDT
[#10]
So let me get this straight, if you are "poor" in the USofA you can get more money back on your taxes than you paid in?

Up here the Math may say you can get $15000 back on taxes, but if all you paid for the year was $3000 that is all you can get, your return will never pay more than you paid in
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:28:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lady that works for us has a Fat ASS Loser son that lives in upstate NY.  Several years ago he was living in a van on the beach down by the river..  Today he's married to a girl with multiple kids, both in their late 20's, he's on disability for whatever freakin excuse.  The lady I work with brags about how much support they get out of the state and fed goverment.  Housing, food, & transportation allowances.  Health care, child care, utilities paid for, etc.....

FIFY.

http://youtu.be/3nhgfjrKi0o

LMAO.....yes...yes you did
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:32:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Lol... Flock of crotch fruit...  Haha

i had coffee coming out of my nose when i read that.... made my day
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:34:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Family member who is looking at a $14k+ tax return. Been bragging about it non stop for the last month and a half.

He has been unemployed for the last 6 months, had a low paying job before that. His 2 stepkids, his kid and being poor apparently entitle him to this.

Meanwhile, I, as a not even middle class person am staring down the barrel of a tax bill roughly that number. Working poor + contractor + no flock of crotchfruit = Assrape by the IRS.

Of course, his "free" money will be squandered on new computer, newer car & other frivolous shit.

The maximum EIC amount is only $5800 or so

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So let me get this straight, if you are "poor" in the USofA you can get more money back on your taxes than you paid in?

Up here the Math may say you can get $15000 back on taxes, but if all you paid for the year was $3000 that is all you can get, your return will never pay more than you paid in

The short anwser is yes.  There are people who get money every year who didn't pay one Dime in taxes!  
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Our old neighbors belong to the worst platoon of the FSA.  These worthless waste of organic materials brag about how much they are getting back and what they plan on doing with it.  The father type figure blew 700 dollars on some fish tattoo (from his baby momma's boyfriend) instead of getting his daughter some therapy for her rape.  That is right folks they didn't even want to address the psychological trauma of their teenage daughter, they just swept it under the rug.  I came within a heartbeat of murder that day.  They refuse to pay their bills (even with the money they get back) and the kids would show up at our door hungry because the parents would just forget to come home.  When we finally moved out and got our home, I finally was able to vent all of my feelings.  As far as I know they are still keeping with their status quo.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:38:05 AM EDT
[#16]
A Failbook 'friend' of my wife collects disability for psychological problems, i.e. she quit her job to stalk her ex-boyfriend, and spends days on the internet playing vidya games and wasting my money.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Lots of people in  my area.

Most of them get double or triple back in taxes what they paid in the for the year.

We probably qualify for lots of benefits. I work for myself and my wife works full time and makes a decent salary. We don't apply for a damn thing, and probably wouldn't even if we needed it.

We do over pay on income tax though, helps us out when we can get some of it back as one solid chunk in the spring.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yes. Credits.

We really need to reform our tax system.  It is time for the "poor" to pay their fair share.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:04:57 AM EDT
[#19]
A guy down the street borrows my air compressor for a third time. After 3 days I wander down the street to figure out what happend. He answers the door looking nervous. When I ask for the air compressor he explains that it is not at the house at the time, that he let his mother borrow it because neither of them have the money to get flats fixed, or buy an air compressor.

He then proceeds to get out his iphone 5 and try to call his mom to return with the compressor. At that point I could no longer contain my anger.

me-"Nice phone you have there Kenneth. A whole more snazzy than my old flip phone."
him-"Well I didn't actually pay for it. Governement assistance helps me."
me-"Time to think about selling the phone and buying your own compressor because you sure as hell aren't getting mine anymnore. Have it back to me by tonight."

AC shows up in the back of my truck that evening. I was actually surprised he returned it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:07:32 AM EDT
[#20]
I've known people who get paid "under the table" for their jobs AND apply for/receive every type of public benefit known.  I'm sorry, that's just wrong.

Question: What does "FSA" mean?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:08:34 AM EDT
[#21]
I know an entire family that claim they are homeless even though they aren't and all have Obamaphones, receive welfare, refuse to work, apply for every benefit they can. Guess who they voted for?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:10:26 AM EDT
[#22]
I have never met anyone who was NOT part of the FSA.  Though many have convinced themselves they are not.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've known people who get paid "under the table" for their jobs AND apply for/receive every type of public benefit known.  I'm sorry, that's just wrong.

Question: What does "FSA" mean?

Free Shit Army
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#24]
"Father" of four who works a couple of days at minimum wage, though he takes frequent sick days to stay home and get high and play video games. Heavily subsidized housing and the usual goodies, which I'm sure is pretty easy to qualify for on $6,000 a year with a family of six.

But despite being useless to his family he's always gotten the perks. He could order people around, rule the roost that people like me bought him, yell at teachers who tried to discipline his sons. And of course he can vote. Obama was one of the few things in the last several years that got him off the couch momentarily.

Three of the kids went Special Education as soon as they could for the easier tests, no homework, and more time for video games.

One of his sons is out of high school and I've been working with him for years on the stuff his sperm donor never taught him, about how actions have consequences and learning is important and other outdated notions. He started an entry-level job maybe a year ago and we agreed on a basic strategy: Show up every day on time (early), clean, sober. Work at learning your duties. At least fake a positive attitude. Make the customers happy and make sure your manager's shift goes much better when you're there. Basic stuff but I knew this would make him a standout compared to the rest of the jokers there.

Besides wise counsel I gave him a few rides, let him do laundry at my house, helped with groceries. Yeah, "free stuff", but I didn't force anyone else to contribute to the project. Last week he got promoted to assistant manager. He got a raise, guaranteed hours, health insurance, and best of all a serious lesson in how you earn what you get.

He may end up getting a girl pregnant, choose hanging out over working, and live the rest of his life in the FSA. But for now there is at least a chance that he'll break out of the cycle.

ETA: One more detail that I'm sure will shock you. The father has a "bad back". I'm no doctor but I would guess that if he lost 100 pounds and exercised it might be less bad.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:36:36 AM EDT
[#25]
i work in healthcare.  I'd say at least 75% of my patients are members of the FSA especially with their merger with the MP...  which is what we call the "Medicaid Proud". I could go on and on for hours about the MP-FSA,  but I'll leave you with this gem:

An MP-FSA foot soldier brought me an RX for:

Patient X
Puppy
Dispense: 1
Dx: Depression
Refills: 0
Dr. Y

Yep,some d-bag doctor gave this guy an Rx for a dog.  And naturally the patient flew into a rage when I told him that

1) I am a pharmacy. I don't carry animals.
2) Medicaid does not cover dogs.
3) Even if the dog was covered, I could not bill for it.

Naturally I got the "I have Medicaid so it should be free" speech.

Fuck the MP-FSA.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:43:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Since our options for medical care are soon to be perma-fucked perhaps mass migration to Canada in pursuit of freedom is in order.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:46:59 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't have any stories.  I don't hang out with lowlifes.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:48:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I have never met anyone who was NOT part of the FSA.  Though many have convinced themselves they are not.

Actively pissing in the hive's cheerios???  Moral equivalence argument?

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What does it take to be middle class?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Some of the worst FSA offenders are a segment of the military "disability" folks.  There are ex-mil out there who have sat behind a desk their entire military service and are pulling in nice disability checks for headaches/sleep apnea and other bullshit.   They have it down to a science - they know when to apply, what to apply for, and how to answer the questions.  They even know what hospital is easier to "pass" the required tests.

It makes me sick, and it's a discredit to those who really deserve compensation for their service to our country.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:58:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Some of the worst FSA offenders are a segment of the military "disability" folks.  There are ex-mil out there who have sat behind a desk their entire military service and are pulling in nice disability checks for headaches/sleep apnea and other bullshit.   They have it down to a science - they know when to apply, what to apply for, and how to answer the questions.  They even know what hospital is easier to "pass" the required tests.

It makes me sick, and it's a discredit to those who really deserve compensation for their service to our country.

I worked for the VA for 3 1/2 years in inpatient psychiatry. YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE the BS that guys like
you describe pull. And get a lofty check from uncle sugar. Meanwhile, the young OEF/OIF vets are put on
the back burner because "The squeaky wheel always gets the grease. "
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 7:58:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I routinely see active service members using EBT cards now.  Would have thought paycheck + housing allowances would be more than enough to kill eligibility for the FSA but apparently not.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:02:20 AM EDT
[#33]
My ex neighbors.  When they moved in to a rental house next to me he had gotten hurt on the job and supposedly contracted Hep from a blood transfusion and received a nice settlement.  Not two months later the wife broke her ankle at work getting out of a vehicle and she got a settlement.   She walked with a cane for over a year until her settlement was paid and then I never saw it again.  After her settlement there were delivery trucks there every single day for two weeks.  Lowe's, Best Buy, etc.  They bought a brand new Harley and a new car.  Neither of them worked a single day for the 4 or 5 years they lived there.  Always poor mouthing about they couldn't pay bills but they traded cars at least least 3 times in 5 years.  I'm sure they were also on some kind of government assistance the whole time too.  They moved out and the house has been empty for several months, I wonder what kind of neighbors we'll get next?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I homeschooled, and sent my kids to private school K-8.
I get what your saying, I just couldn't swing private High school. It was a huge increase in cost.
I can at least say mine all graduated. My youngest is in the top 4% of her class.

my mom was a single mother till i was 6.....she worked three jobs to send me to a private school.....
my wife and i now are registering our 4 yr old for her first year of school at the same private school......not sure how we're going to pay for it, but it'll get squeezed into the budget somewhere....i don't remember the last time i was able to buy a steak for myself at the grocery store...not down to rice and beans yet, but that's likely where it'll get to...
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Uncle, late 40s, perpetual college student/graduate assistant, always lived with his mom till she died 10 years ago.  He has lived in the college radio station for a while, then on the boat the college uses for marine research.  Never has money except what he gets from growing and selling pot.  Married twice for money, neither lasted a year.  Is involved in all of the Lib causes, and is now undergoing gender reassignment at taxpayer expense.  Total "do it for the children before the ocean rises and we all bake to death" lib douche.

G
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:07:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#37]

Thousands line up for spot in public housing

8,000 will go on waiting list for subsidized housing in Jacksonville

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Uncle, late 40s, perpetual college student/graduate assistant, always lived with his mom till she died 10 years ago.  He has lived in the college radio station for a while, then on the boat the college uses for marine research.  Never has money except what he gets from growing and selling pot.  Married twice for money, neither lasted a year.  Is involved in all of the Lib causes, and is now undergoing gender reassignment at taxpayer expense.  Total "do it for the children before the ocean rises and we all bake to death" lib douche.

G

Being female should make it easier to marry for money. I admire his dedication.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I routinely see active service members using EBT cards now.  Would have thought paycheck + housing allowances would be more than enough to kill eligibility for the FSA but apparently not.

Take an e3's taxable pay(taxable means actual pay, not housing allowance, not combat pay, not uniform allowance) and streatch it over a wife and 2 kids(which is not unusual), An E4 with 3 years in(ok he isnt really bright but still not a failure 4 year E1), specialist, earns 2304 per month. now that is not take home, and IIRC he gets medical but his family does not. And for the hours he CAN be called on to work it is chump change. qualifying for EBT on 28k a year for a family of 4 would be easy. once he made E5 his pay would jump to 2529 MONTHLY, PRETAX. moral of the story DONT KNOCK UP THE TRAMP FROM THE BAR ON FRIDAY NIGHT IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT MONEY!!! .

Gal I worked with when I was in college would only work 27 hours a week instead of the 40 the boss wanted. TUrns out that she would get her and her 3 kids section 9 rent adjusted if she made over  X. She drove the saturn SUV, designer purse, cellphone(I didnt even own one), her boyfriend lived with her and worked cash under the table. they did pretty good. He got popped for MURDER out of Pennslyvania and got extradited to there for trial/jail, ended up getting 15 years, she moved down to "be with him. cuz he is a good man"

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:10:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Until we take the right to vote free bread and circuses away from these welfare assholes, they will continue to live the Life of Riley at others expense!  Another thing that frosts my ass is the Walmart parking lot on "welfare payday".  That is when I see hordes of non-English speaking parasites with their batch of anchor babies show up to buy steak, shrimp, etc with their EBT card, then waddle out to the parking lot and get into their brand new SUV or gigantic crew cab.  They probably voted in the last election too.  We need to get a case of the ass with all of our "representatives" !
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Fat cousin on the wifes side of the family is on disability for...you guessed it...being too fat.  Always complains that it hurts to walk around and its hard to drive.  But then when there is a party up the road she is willing to walk there or drive the car and then proceed to stand around drinking and smoking for hours.  If you can do it at home, you can do it for a living.  Stupid leech.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:41:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Friends brother was on fod stamps and other government assistance during college ( also paid for with school loans).  He qualified because he had three kids.  After he graduated he figured that after taxes he would make more staying on welfare then getting a job.  So he is still on food stamps and welfare even though he is college educated.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Thousands line up for spot in public housing

8,000 will go on waiting list for subsidized housing in Jacksonville

Offer job applications and watch them scatter like cockroaches.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Wife's Aunt and Uncle

Uncle got "hurt" driving a bread delivery truck - never worked again but he realy was in no way disabled.  His wife used to make money having those home parties seling knick nacks to rooms full of women.

I don't imagine she made much doing that..

They basically would run up a bunch of credit cards and then file bankruptcy every 8 to 10 years.

My wife used to work at a grocery store. Said the fsa used to buy hotdogs to feed their dags.  Said lots of people did that.

This was back when there were actual food stamps no ebt cards.  

What people were doing with the food stamps were you would go to a store , buy something for like a quarter (ramen or something) and then get the change in actual money.

They would do this back and forth among all of the grocery stores in town until they had enough money for smokes and beer from the change..

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:55:36 AM EDT
[#45]
have you heard about this new bill?

(yes, it's satire...)

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#46]
T-1 year before I Galt, fuck em all.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 11:02:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does it take to be middle class?

That's what I was wondering? My effective fed. tax on $67,000 in income is 15.2%. I consider myself middle class. I would think that with an about 14k federal tax bill you would be considered middle class too.
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 12:02:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take an e3's taxable pay(taxable means actual pay, not housing allowance, not combat pay, not uniform allowance) and streatch it over a wife and 2 kids(which is not unusual), An E4 with 3 years in(ok he isnt really bright but still not a failure 4 year E1), specialist, earns 2304 per month. now that is not take home, and IIRC he gets medical but his family does not. And for the hours he CAN be called on to work it is chump change. qualifying for EBT on 28k a year for a family of 4 would be easy. once he made E5 his pay would jump to 2529 MONTHLY, PRETAX. moral of the story DONT KNOCK UP THE TRAMP FROM THE BAR ON FRIDAY NIGHT IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT MONEY!!! .

Gal I worked with when I was in college would only work 27 hours a week instead of the 40 the boss wanted. TUrns out that she would get her and her 3 kids section 9 rent adjusted if she made over  X. She drove the saturn SUV, designer purse, cellphone(I didnt even own one), her boyfriend lived with her and worked cash under the table. they did pretty good. He got popped for MURDER out of Pennslyvania and got extradited to there for trial/jail, ended up getting 15 years, she moved down to "be with him. cuz he is a good man"

E4 and below shouldn't be allowed to marry. Way it used to be and way it should be. But that boat has sailed, though you'd think with at least 500k less troops and 30M higher population since I was in, the mil would be more selective, but I hear they let in plenty of married boots.

I don't have any 1st person stories (though these thread depress the fuck out of me) I do know there have been more people put on disability since Obama became king than the number of people who found jobs.

Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What branch did YOU serve in?  Pretty broad brush you paint people with.  What is your medical specialty and what VA office do you work in?
Link Posted: 1/18/2013 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

^ This. I am young with no kids, but when and if I ever have them, they will not be subjected to what I was.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top