Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/6/2005 4:55:11 PM EDT
Is the Red Cross a religious organization? I was wondering about the "cross" part of the organization. If it has a religious significance why aren't the anti-religion crowds protesting the organization for forcing all those evacuees to gaze upon a cross in their desperate situation.

I think that the American Red Cross does a great job and I am not against it at all but there are those that are afraid of religion. They are silent on the issue; if in fact there is an issue here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:58:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Pangea:
Is the Red Cross a religious organization? I was wondering about the "cross" part of the organization. If it has a religious significance why aren't the anti-religion crowds protesting the organization for forcing all those evacuees to gaze upon a cross in their desperate situation.

I think that the American Red Cross does a great job and I am not against it at all but there are those that are afraid of religion. They are silent on the issue; if in fact there is an issue here.

The only issue seems to be the one your making of it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:59:19 PM EDT
It's also the international symbol for medical/relief workers. That and the red cresant.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:05:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
It's also the international symbol for medical/relief workers. That and the red cresant.

Thats the cross they are talking about in the name "Red Cross" not the one that Jesues was nailed too. So theres nothing to complain about.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:06:47 PM EDT
IIRC, the logo is the reverse of the Swiss flag (white on red), to honor the Swiss for their part in founding it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:09:38 PM EDT
I was just curious since "they" seem to get their panties in a wad over anything that looks like a crucifix at all.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:32:35 PM EDT
Technically speaking JC was nailed to a lower case t .

The " Cross " in RED CROSS has nothing to do with religion .
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 5:44:05 PM EDT
And the SALVATION ARMY is coming to get you right now.........................They'll only need a squad against you.
Top Top