Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2002 7:34:46 AM EDT
Anybody ever seen this stuff?

I was at a liquor store yesterday (unusual for me since I don't drink) trying to get some info on the AK bottled vodka reported in American Handgunner (I think it was). Anyway, a manager was there and hadn't heard of it, but did tell me about another product he knew of that was available at a Red Coleman's in Addison - Red Army Vodka. Cool! I'm gonna go get a bottle just to have it! [:D]

[img]http://www.liquorama.net/images/products/redarmy.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 12/12/2002 7:36:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of it but I want one!
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 7:38:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Cool bottle, wonder if it's any good.
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Got it - it's COOL!!!!!!

Saw em on the net for $24 - lots of sites offer it.

I paid $28 + tax because I waned one NOW!  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/12/2002 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 3:29:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a bottle of it a couple of years back.  The "bullet" is just a cheap plastic cap, but it is still pretty cool...

Rocko
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://search.yahoo.com/bin/search?p=%22red+army+vodka%22[/url]

[url]http://www.redarmyvodka.com/home.htm[/url]

Check out the "promotions" on their home page - the posters are funny as hell!
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:56:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Who was selling it for $24?
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 10:33:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 2:01:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 2:19:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 2:27:17 AM EDT
[#12]
This reminds me when I was a noobie in West Berlin in '82 we went to the east with the incountry training school (east berlin) and I bought what I thought was a GREAT deal! a whole case of Rusian vodka for the princely sum of $12 US! Got it back to the Kaserne and soon found out why it was so cheap. Ugh tasted like lighter fluid. I couldn't give that stuff away.
I ended up flushing the crap down the toilet to prevent someone (Me) from going blind drinking it.

Fast forward to 2000, we have a punk russian working with us at Comp Sci. I mention the bad hooce and he starts laughing his ass off.
seems according to him they only sent the shitty Vodka to punish the Germans for WW2....
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 2:55:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anybody ever seen this stuff?

[url]http://www.liquorama.net/images/products/redarmy.jpg[/url]

View Quote

Nice, now your Vodka will match your lipstick, Tate.  

Kudos, man.

TRG

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/14/2002 4:16:26 AM EDT
[#14]
When I was in the USSR vodka was still being rationed. I collect some $$ from the others (but fronted the rest) and then hang out a hotel bar. Never takes long for the right people to recognize an American when the American wants to be known :)

So I hook-up w/ a guy who knows a guy who has a friend who knows someone...one of those deals. We jump in a cab driven by this guy's friend and race thru the streets of Kiev. We get to a hotel and my guy tells me to wait in the lobby and try not to stand out...here I am in levis, 5'6, 215lbs, blonde hair, blue eyes...nope, I didn't stand out!

After a few tense minutes my guy arrives w/ a HUGE duffle bag and orders my to get to the cab.
We loaded up and sped off w/ the driver doing a lot of looking around as he sped away. All is well though...16 bottles of Vodka for the other Americans w/ a "slight" mark up for my troubles.
Figure I paid about $1.24 USD per bottle and sold them for about $30...and that's why the USSR fell! I like to take personal responsibilty for introducing capatilism to that region [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top