Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2014 9:03:07 AM EDT
Between a rock and a hard place right now

Really need my gmail right now because it has some important shit on there. Problem is I made it when I was like 13 or 15 which was about 8-9 years ago, forgot my security question, forgot my password and didn't attach another recovery email/phone #

Am I screwed here? I really need that email
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:04:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Oof.  Uhm, you might be able to try and contact them directly - sometimes there are alternative methods of verifying ID when you've forgotten everything else.  But uh, sounds like you may have dug your own grave here
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:05:51 AM EDT
[#2]

OP, your posts are, if anything, entertaining.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:08:01 AM EDT
[#3]
In my experience,

You are pretty much fucked, I've never recovered an account after losing that much info. Hell, even with android verification(which doesn't work half the time) recovery is a bitch.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#4]
damn
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
damn
View Quote

Any chance you've made a purchase via Google Play that is linked to that account... and you could call them and verify via credit card # that it's your account?  Probably not, but that's the only thing I can think of.

I keep putting off attaching my phone number to my Gmail account... maybe this is a sign it's time.  Just curious, how often do you sign into your Gmail account that has "important shit", yet somehow you've forgotten the password?  I check my email daily, usually several times... so maybe that's why I don't understand.

In the future, use a password manager to store your passwords.  I like KeePass2.  It has a client for virtually every OS (Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, etc.)

Good luck on this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top