Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2012 10:03:30 AM EDT

No reason to rest easy as the propaganda machine spins up with the gun-grabbers, but it does add context given all the new gun owners out there. My hope is that our "silent majority" comes out of the closet and smashes any bill back over the net.  NOTE:  this is for "handguns" not "firearms":

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/wp/2012/12/27/record-number-of-americans-oppose-handgun-ban-gallup-poll-shows/
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Good to see that. Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#2]
So what?  A record number of us opposed Obamacare.

It still passed.

When are you guys going to realize that; FBHO, the communist democrats, the progressive republicans, and generally all of the elected representatives don't give a shit about us.

Mark my words they will pass some sort of gun ban, it will be done at the last hour, and we won't have a choice in the matter.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Really worked on the bailout.

And obongocare.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#4]
...and those handgunners will throw us EBR-ers under the bus to keep theirs.

We have to face facts:  we are a minorty in many more ways than one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

And yet criminals using handguns outnumber criminals using EBR's by a wide margin...

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Most of the EBR owners I know personally are also handgunners.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#7]
A bill doesn't have to go through the house and senate.  Obama can make executive orders to make ammo 15 times more expensive by taxing it.  Something will happen, but it is up to your representatives to fight for your rights.  You should email them right away.  Each senator and congressman has a form email page on their website.  Takes 3 minutes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It still passed.

When are you guys going to realize that; FBHO, the communist democrats, the progressive republicans, and generally all of the elected representatives don't give a shit about us.

Mark my words they will pass some sort of gun ban, it will be done at the last hour, and we won't have a choice in the matter.

Truth, your post speaks it.

Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It still passed.

Truth, your post speaks it.  

Well, if they are going to successfully pass a bill.......that's really the only way to do it.  Otherwise, they are going to be dead in the water.

Honestly, I don't think there will be another ban............but nothing is for sure until it is done
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of the EBR owners I know personally are also handgunners.

But most handgunners are not EBR owners.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:00:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

It still passed.

Yeah I agree with you.  Actually I was shocked to find this poll published in the Washington Post (even under the blog section) and that is why I shared it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top