Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 8:44:19 AM EDT
So what's day to day life like for the troops in Iraq… here are some pictures the Anti War Liberals will not like to see…

The Queen's Gurkha Signals marked their 50th anniversary while deployed to provide strategic communications support in Baghdad. They were joined for the celebration by Major-General McColl  and former Gurkhas working in Iraq

Gifts are handed out at a school in Umm Qasr by soldiers from 23 Pioneer Regiment… This my Nephew Nolans unit!

Children at an Umm Qasr school, while receiving gifts and shoes donated by English schools

A major programme by the Coalition Provisional Authority to dispose of huge quantities of rubbish from the streets of Basrah, accumulated over years of neglect, was launched in February, using local contractors under the direction of 37 Engineer Squadron. A new $3.2M waste disposal facility is planned

A bridge recently constructed in Basrah to ease movement for local people

150 Field Squadron of the Royal Engineers, based at Shaibah, are training Iraqi personnel in the use of heavy plant equipment for use in the reconstruction of the country

The use of bicycles, locally hired, both offers access to routes unsuitable for vehicles, and allows better contact with the local people

A group picture of the joint Iraqi-UK repair team

An RAF Regiment Warrant Officer visits a Marsh Arab village to discuss ways of improving the delivery of drinking water

An officer makes a liaison visit to the Al Maqal Health Centre in Basrah. The clinic was adopted by Y Company of the
1st Bn, Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, who staged a major effort to refurbish it after the conflict

One of the babies enjoys a little fussing from a Fusilier. Families of the Regiment at home in the UK and Germany donated toys for the clinic's waiting areas. The health centre cares for a district of 30,000

A friendly wave from a shopkeeper
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Great stuff!

Love the Gurkhas-- and it's good to see good stuff from Iraq for a delightful change.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Once again, Thanks Andy!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!

I wonder WTF there aren't that many pictures of OUR guys doing this?

Probably because they're too busy trying to kill the assholes that want to make us look bad...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Great pics. Thanks Andy!

It's good to see all the great things that the Brits are doing over in Iraq.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#5]
But but but..., Senator Kerry says everything is going badly in Iraq, and its descending into chaos...

he wouldn't be wrong, would he?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Vito, great stuff here.

As much as the leftists will hate to see these pictures, seeing them distributed will piss them off even more.  I won't hold my breath waiting to see these in the mainstream media anytime soon.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:17:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks!

I wonder WTF there aren't that many pictures of OUR guys doing this?

Probably because they're too busy trying to kill the assholes that want to make us look bad...

Good question Zaphod…

I get the US news channels over here too… tends to be all 'boom and doom'… but I know your guys are spending just as much of their time doing humanitarian and rebuilding stuff as our guys.

Our news channels show humanitarian and rebuilding stuff all the time… I rarely see it on a US channel.

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#9]
excellent.  Thank you for sharing
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#11]
The pix of those school kids would look like any school here in the USA, with their tiny little rucksacks.

Rebuilding a nation one person at a time.

I think there people who used to be in power, but are no longer in power, that don't want to give up power without a fight.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:29:29 AM EDT
[#12]
outstanding pics

thanks

sst7
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#13]
This is a kickass thread. I have been wanting to show what is really happening to a few libs  at work. Thanks.!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
We've got Ghurkas working up here at my site and they are absolutely outstanding folks: a pleasure to deal with and very hard workers. The British Army did right by these fellows.

They are great guys… with the cut back in Gurkha regiments they were not made redundant, just rolled up into the rest of the Army… hardcore, brave as hell and utterly loyal… There are Gurhkas in the Army who's Great Great Grandfathers served the Raj, it passes down from father to son.

If you get a chance, ask for some of their Curry! A chance to get Curry from a Gurkha cook is never passed up in the British Army!

Gurkha family reunion: The Gurkhas 50th celebration allowed a father and his two sons to meet for the first time in six years. Former Warrant Officer Hariya Tamang is now a security adviser in Iraq, and was able to meet his sons Corporal Dugendra Tamang (left) and Sapper Tamba Tamang

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:15:29 AM EDT
[#15]
tag
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:27:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
does anyone else see the military precision and symmetry in andy's first pic of the gurkha squad? oustanding!

Hardcore!
I noticed that...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Bump

Great Photos

Vito
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Sweet Jesus!  You don't ever want to be on the end of Ghurka fury.  Those guys are incredible fighters.  The Japs were scared to death of those guys.  I imagine that today's Ghurkas aren't about to let that tradition fade away.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#20]
It's a pleasure to bring you guys the 'Good News'!

Spoke to a Royal Marine Captain recently… he reckoned 95% of the violence occurs in less than 5% of Iraq, and less than 1% of the population are against the Coalition Forces.

Of course, if you speak to a Left Wing anti war liberal, Iraq is like some kind of war torn Hell on Earth, obviously not so… as you can see, a lot of Iraqis are very pleased to see our troops and very grateful for our help.

Personally I reckon we can see the light at the end of the tunnel in Iraq now, the Insurgency seems to be running out of steam, even Al Sadr is losing interest and going 'political'. The population are seeing concrete results and benefits from our presence and 'hearts and minds' are being won over.

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:55:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Gurkhas, improving Iraq one swing of the Kukri at a time.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:18:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
does anyone else see the military precision and symmetry in andy's first pic of the gurkha squad? oustanding!

I've done much research on the Gurkha soldier.  It is a very, very noble attainment.

However, they are shunned by the Brit. Gov't upon retirement.  

The Government has now addressed this issue… new rules mean Service for the British Army now automatically confers full citizenship and their families are now brought over to Britain.  The right thing is finally been done.

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Those are great pictures Andy, Thank you!

and thanks to the Brits for standing by the US!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:21:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks for sharing Andy. Great photos.

On a bad note: If kerry is elected this is all you'll see the press report. It will be all his doing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:25:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Great stuff!

Love the Gurkhas-- and it's good to see good stuff from Iraq for a delightful change.

Great photos.....thanks for them!
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:37:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks Andy..

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Those are great pictures Andy, Thank you!

and thanks to the Brits for standing by the US!

Too bad Kerry doesn't appreciate it.  The good work shown here is not enough to be worthy of a coalition in his eyes.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It's a pleasure to bring you guys the 'Good News'!

Spoke to a Royal Marine Captain recently… he reckoned 95% of the violence occurs in less than 5% of Iraq, and less than 1% of the population are against the Coalition Forces.

Of course, if you speak to a Left Wing anti war liberal, Iraq is like some kind of war torn Hell on Earth, obviously not so… as you can see, a lot of Iraqis are very pleased to see our troops and very grateful for our help.

Personally I reckon we can see the light at the end of the tunnel in Iraq now, the Insurgency seems to be running out of steam, even Al Sadr is losing interest and going 'political'. The population are seeing concrete results and benefits from our presence and 'hearts and minds' are being won over.

ANdy

Can you call NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, and FOX and let them know this? I feel like I am living in cold war Russia.

Bob
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Great stories Andy, thank you VERY much for posting them...I forwarded them to EVERYONE on my email list.

Its no wonder the MSM doesn't report stories such as these......it would mean their man sKerry wouldn't have a chance.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:32:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Great post.

I have to admit that I opened it with a small amount of trepidation.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Man I would love to bust up in the middle of those Gurkhas and yell, "Come on you 'lil brown MFer's it is time for an Alabama ass whippin'!" I'd show them what's what!

Great pics! Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top