Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2014 5:44:22 AM EDT

Moved up from stock tires to a 305/70R18 (35") on my 2010 F150 SuperCrew.  What pressure should I be running?

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:48:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Exactly what it says on the door jam.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 5:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Door jam pressure is for factory size tires, for the best ride, not the best tire wear. Tires will list max pressure on the sidewalls. I usually run front tires 5lbs under max pressure, that way they wear the best, rears depends on the load, but if running unloaded I usually run a few pounds over door jam amount. Then they don't wear in the middle.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:04:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Your stock pressures are now totally irrelivent

I'd do a "chalk test" and run whatever pressure crowns the tire slightly on such a heavy rig
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:21:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your stock pressures are now totally irrelivent

I'd do a "chalk test" and run whatever pressure crowns the tire slightly on such a heavy rig
View Quote

Yeah, knew that stock #'s are no longer relevant, and am thinking I need to run at least 40 psi, but not sure.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 6:22:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Exactly what it says on the door jam.
View Quote

That's with the stock tires.  35" (12.5" wide) is a lot bigger tire...   Changes the game a bit.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Chalk test.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top