Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2012 1:15:13 PM EDT
Anybody have a good one for under $100.00?  Will be for interior latex, some clear stain on decking. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#1]
There's lots of slow painters out there that may want to offload some equipment. Could get something used. $100 isn't going to get you into much. That's power painter pricing. You get what you pay for I guess. You going to use this thing all the time or for a whole house?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Nothing big mostly some small jobs but not painting rooms and such.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
under $100.....not much.....you can get a Graco  for about $200+/-
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Think of it this way.  The tools used to cut and roll a room - a few good brushes, roller frame, extension poll, roller covers, roller trays, paint cup - will run you $100.00.  So a sprayer that will actually be worth using is going to end up costing you a bit more than that.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:17:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Google Graco Truecoat sprayer. Our sale price is $199 on them. Also look at the Titan Protouch.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:53:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Google Graco Truecoat sprayer. Our sale price is $199 on them. Also look at the Titan Protouch.

Graco..... you can find tips for fairly easy to find....Sherwin Williams carries them.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:48:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Truecoat system uses its own tips. Can't use a RAC V or RAC X.

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought a Graco airless from Lowes for $150 to do my garage. A little slow but I don't think I used as much paint as a roller would have. I had fun. Do I want to do something that size again.. Hell no.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm looking into the Ryobi One Lithium cordless paint sprayer, mainly because I already have a bunch of other ryobi one lithium tools.  I've found it at home depot for $150 including another battery and charger, and with military discount it comes to $135.

Anybody have an insight on whether or not this would be better or worse than the already suggested brands?  I read the reviews on the graco and found that it cannot spray vertically, so doing ceilings or the bottoms of walls is not possible.

Honestly I am using Behr Premium plus latex, which is pretty thick paint.  Is any sprayer going to allow me to effectively use this paint with it?
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#10]
It won't hurt if you have to thin it with a little water to get it to spray well. All these guns are going to be limited for most applications over a bigger airless rig, but for the average homeowner that isn't going to get into too much, they are fairly nice. As far as the vertical spraying thing, anything with a pickup tube at the bottom of the cup will suffer. Just keep the cup filled and spray up at an angle, not straight over your head. Spraying the bottoms of walls will not be a problem. Another thing to look at is the ability to repack them and the price of parts. If they can't be repacked, they are disposable then. The first round of Truecoats couldn't be repacked. The next Gen could be repacked twice. Not sure if now they can be done more than that or not. If you can do it twice, I would imagine you could repack it more then. the ability to switch tips is important also if you want to be able to run a variety of materials through it also. You'd want a different tip for spraying a wall than spraying a deck for instance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top