Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2016 5:46:49 PM EDT
Just picked up a 45 shield and need a CCW holster. I'm 6'0" and 195 lbs. my current setup is a Para p10 45 with a Galco OWB thumb break holsteron a Bigfoot belt. I carry at 2:300-3:00. Never tried IWB but I am open to all suggestions (even get a Glock..but I'm not gonna do that). I do a lot of work where I am crawling around on the ground and laying under equipment and vehicles.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Off topic but is it hard to shoot?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't had time to shoot it yet. It's easy to dry fire.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:51:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Sticky or Remora
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out Alien Gear
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody got anything else? None of those appeal. It seems like Kydex holsters would be bulkier. Are they? IWB should conceal better, but I'd need to buy new pants. I've seen some that only have one belt loop or a clip. Doesn't seem like that would be nearly as stable as the two loop Galco I'm used to.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:09:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody got anything else? None of those appeal. It seems like Kydex holsters would be bulkier. Are they? IWB should conceal better, but I'd need to buy new pants. I've seen some that only have one belt loop or a clip. Doesn't seem like that would be nearly as stable as the two loop Galco I'm used to.
View Quote
Did you get the Shield so you can carry at work or do you already with existing rig?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:16:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry the Para while working sometimes. I bought the shield because it is slimmer, and I assume more concealable. I have had problems with the Para jamming and wanted something something more reliable.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#8]
i carry my 9 shield daily with the versa ...   i did just install the technaclip but haven't really gave it an honest try.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:21:44 PM EDT
[#9]
That Technaclip scares me. Trigger could get hung up on something and gun go off while "holstering" the weapon. Could blow my junk off and I hope to use it again one day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top