Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2017 3:40:37 PM EST
My router from century link has been really flakey lately. What is a good wireless router that won't break the bank? Thinking i would like a dual band, but honestly not sure if I need it or not.

Is there any info you all need to help me pick one? If so please let me know
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:07:03 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:19:15 PM EST
In, I need a new one as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:27:53 PM EST
Who the fuck still has DSL anymore? Step one: get rid of the ancient,overpriced technology DSL.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:30:31 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GreenGoose:
Who the fuck still has DSL anymore? Step one: get rid of the ancient,overpriced technology DSL.
View Quote
I'm wireless, but need another router I have a ASIS, but with everything going on we had a second dish installed and need a router for the second dish.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:41:14 PM EST
I have dsl because it's either that or satellite, fuck satellite. Just upgraded to the nighthawk, from a shitty actiontec, much better.

This one.

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-AC1900-Certified-CenturyLink/dp/B0111MRL4S
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:45:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By GreenGoose:
View Quote
meh. My options are 25Mbps DSL for $45 or Comcast....fuck Comcast. I don't ever get close to using all of my bandwidth.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:06:53 PM EST
Originally Posted By raysheen:
meh. My options are 25Mbps DSL for $45 or Comcast....fuck Comcast. I don't ever get close to using all of my bandwidth.
View Quote
This is what I pay as well. 25mbps seems plenty for me. I have had cable one internet in the past, it wasn't very good.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:14:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/22/2017 7:15:02 PM EST by godzillamax]
How about just get a new modem from your ISP? If you just need a router to create a wifi signal in your home can't go wrong with an Orbi. Absolutely love mine and the main unit + satellite provide great coverage in my home.
Top Top