Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2009 4:10:17 AM EST
I have not shopped for insurance in a long while. My agent is a dipshit and I think I could probably save some money on my government mandated extortion.

Who do you recommend and why?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:11:11 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/27/2009 4:11:36 AM EST by Pita_146]
I have progressive.

I like it, my buddy that got in a car accident was treated very very well by them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:28:29 AM EST
USAA
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:30:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By DJAteOhAte:
USAA

+1
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:34:51 AM EST
Originally Posted By newncik83:
USAA

+1

Ok...Why?
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:41:31 AM EST
Nationwide.

Cheapest and best coverage around..
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:44:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By SevenMaryThree:
USAA

+1

Ok...Why?

Great rates, great service. Always treated me right. Got great reviews after Katrina and each weekly disaster (fire, flood) in California.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:44:56 AM EST
USAA

+1

+2 If you have any military experience at all look into USAA
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:45:15 AM EST
AMICA

They don't have a bunch of small shops set up wtih preditory operators charging laughable rates. They have regional offices located in major cities. This helps control cost.

Do an interweb search and see how people like them. They are rated well. We've had them for home and auto for about 6 years and the cost are low. We still shop around and for the coverage, they still win.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:48:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By OrARGB:
AMICA

They don't have a bunch of small shops set up wtih preditory operators charging laughable rates. They have regional offices located in major cities. This helps control cost.

Do an interweb search and see how people like them. They are rated well. We've had them for home and auto for about 6 years and the cost are low. We still shop around and for the coverage, they still win.

Good luck.

This.

Amica is also a "mutual" insurance company, meaning they are owned by their policy holders, so they are much more stable. You will find it hard to beat Amica overall.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 4:50:59 AM EST
I have Liberty Mutual for home, car, and moto. Treated us well through my wife totalling her car (her fault) and getting it paid out. We jumped a little but mainly as we really upgraded from her old car, but I wasn't really upset, very minor rise compared to what I thought it would have been. Gun friendly (let you pick the initial coverage limit but have to ryder anything more). Good all around company for us and I've been totally happy with them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 8:50:37 AM EST
I found that I saved money on most of my policies or got better coverage for the same money when I switched to American Family. Not affiliated with them at all other than I am a happy client. YMMV, of course.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 8:53:14 AM EST
Originally Posted By Northwoods51:
AMICA

Good luck.

This.

Amica is also a "mutual" insurance company, meaning they are owned by their policy holders, so they are much more stable. You will find it hard to beat Amica overall.

Amica is wonderful, but I don't believe they provide business insurance.

With business insurance, you're talking a whole new ball game. That gets into different territory and need to look at places like Sentry insurance that provide product and business liability.
Link Posted: 4/27/2009 8:55:31 AM EST
NOT Allstate. My mom has Allstate and she has had a hole in her roof for weeks. The insurance agent doesn't return calls, the adjustor never looked at the damages, all in all it's a mess. She is comletely disgusted with them and now so am I.

So...to summarize. F*CK ALLSTATE!

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:09:57 AM EST
Originally Posted By Northwoods51:
AMICA

Good luck.

This.

I just got off the phone with them and am very impressed with their quotes for auto and homeowner's insurance. Assuming that they are accurate, I foresee another Amica customer in the future.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:12:53 AM EST
I have not shopped for insurance in a long while. My agent is a dipshit and I think I could probably save some money on my government mandated extortion.

Thanks.

What type of business do you have?

Dont go progressive. their political agenda is the same as the name implies.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:15:15 AM EST
my top 3

USAA
GEICO
Amica

they are all good companies with competative rates and good service
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:16:14 AM EST

Thanks.

Other than Work Comp and Auto Liability what is govt mandated?

In AR you dont even have to have auto liab if you file a bond.
Top Top