Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 12/13/2013 1:31:55 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/13/2013 1:34:49 PM EST by RebelAR-15]
I was going to get an Alpha SL pullover by Arcteryx, but they are out of stock everywhere in my size. After speaking to a rep, I found out they are "not scheduled for a build anytime soon." So I guess that means they have or are planning to discontinue the jacket.

Currently I'm looking at the Patagonia Torrentshell right now, the only downside is that it's not Gore-Tex. Can anyone tell me about it?

The jacket will be used for hiking, backpacking and around town.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:03:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By RebelAR-15:
I was going to get an Alpha SL pullover by Arcteryx, but they are out of stock everywhere in my size. After speaking to a rep, I found out they are "not scheduled for a build anytime soon." So I guess that means they have or are planning to discontinue the jacket.

Currently I'm looking at the Patagonia Torrentshell right now, the only downside is that it's not Gore-Tex. Can anyone tell me about it?

View Quote

The Alpha SL is your best bet; get on eBay and find one. I love mine as much as I love ALL my Arc gear.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/arcteryx-alpha-sl-pullover-mens-s13.html?gclid=CJjzjOe0rrsCFfJxOgodeFMAZg
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:06:37 PM EST
grundens.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:39:56 PM EST
Why are you set on a pullover? Plenty of zip up options out there
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:57:26 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlphaThree:
Why are you set on a pullover? Plenty of zip up options out there
View Quote

I wasn't set on mine, but after wearing it quiet extensively, I see the market for it. Very minimalistic, unique entry, very breathable, and a short half-zip with less chance of wind and water making it's way through the zipper. Of course, if you spent money on quality gear, waterproof zippers are standard so no problem there. Having said all that, I will definitely buy a traditional full-zip Arc shell in the near future.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:03:05 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/13/2013 4:06:36 PM EST by Z_0]
My last 2 jackets have been Arcteryx. Patagonia is good quality but Arcteryx fits me much better. I would keep looking.

I bought my last one at a very good discount (XXL, closeout) from REI.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:26:53 PM EST
Marmot precip
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:29:35 PM EST
it's a cardigan, but thanks for noticing
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 4:33:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By RTUtah:

The Alpha SL is your best bet; get on eBay and find one. I love mine as much as I love ALL my Arc gear.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/arcteryx-alpha-sl-pullover-mens-s13.html?gclid=CJjzjOe0rrsCFfJxOgodeFMAZg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RTUtah:
Originally Posted By RebelAR-15:

That's what in thinking as well. Thanks for the link, exactly what I'm looking for.
Top Top