Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
They all suck and they're all commies. Mastercard is probably the worst and most woke.

Haven't heard much BS from discover, maybe they're the least objectionable.  Probably not much better than the rest.  I'd get something from your local bank.  Does GOA have one? or FPC? They should get em, I know the NRA had one, probably got cancelled.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:22:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Rats-

Simple VISA card that gives 2% cash back on everything-> Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards.

I love these guys.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you ever stay in hotels, the Marriott Bonvoy card from Chase is great. It has an annual fee of maybe 100 bucks but you get a free night annually, and they usually have a pretty insane sign up bonus that comes out to about a week worth of free nights.
View Quote

Hilton also has a good card - I got 100,000 Hilton points, no annual fee, automatic status and this keeps your points from expiring.  I keep this one in a drawer just for that purpose.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The boys in the investment forum recommended the Fidelity 2% on everything card.  The rewards go into a qualified Fidelity investment account.  I'm in my first month of having it, so no feedback from me yet.
View Quote

Second this.

My only gripe is that you can't pull the rewards on the fidelity app.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discover
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The boys in the investment forum recommended the Fidelity 2% on everything card.  The rewards go into a qualified Fidelity investment account.  I'm in my first month of having it, so no feedback from me yet.
View Quote

I'm not a super earner like some here but try to prioritize my investing. The Fidelity rewards will cover over 10% of my IRA contributions this year. Pay it off every month and it's free money.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I like my Apple Card best- plus the physical, titanium card is cool.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

I have three cards.

Amazon Card for Amazon Purchases
Costco Card for Costco Purchases, Gasoline, Restaurants, and Travel
Fidelity 2% for Everything Else Purchased, that adds funds to Roth IRA or whatever investment account I choose.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#9]
If you eat out or use "entertainment venues" a lot, look at the Capital One Savor card.  4% back on all of the above.  There is an annual fee, but I more than make up for it.

They also have a no-fee card with a little less rewards.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#10]
AMEX Blue Cash. Best cash back rewards available.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:47:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I buy all my stuff every month on the CC and then pay it off at the end of the month (cash back), but my main card was hit with fraud, so I'm down that card until the replacement comes, 7-10 days.

This is the second time in a year this has happened.

I refuse to use my debit card for ANYTHING but at my bank's ATM, so it is cash until my new card arrives.

I want another CC from another bank as a backup, will be setup with auto-pay for monthly balance as well.

Recommendations?
View Quote

You meed a better card to use on the net.

My Cap1 card will create 'one time' numbers to use on the net.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Not a credit card a debit card. If you are going to pay it off every month anyway this is what you seek my Sept APY was 3.21% Already in Oct im at APY 9.05%
My buddy is a FA he told me about this 2 years ago. I love it I have about 15k in the account as of now. It pays you interest and you can win prizes these accounts have been around in the UK for years. Now we have them here FDIC insured up to $250   YOTTA is what you seek
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Alliant visa signature. 2.5% back on everything for the first 10k/bill. 1.5% for all purchases after that. . No fee and no international fee if you travel. The only downside is opening an account with a 1k balance.

https://www.nerdwallet.com/reviews/credit-cards/alliant-cashback?scrollTo=full-review-scroll-target
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

1.5% kills the deal.  

You can get $200 and a 2% cashback card here:  https://creditcards.wellsfargo.com/active-cash-credit-card/
View Quote

You have to spend $1000 to get the $200 cash back on the card you show, but only have to spend $500 on the card I mentioned.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Rats-

Simple VISA card that gives 2% cash back on everything-> Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature Flagship Rewards.

I love these guys.
View Quote

I won't apply for any card that charges annual fees, too many free cards out there.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I won't apply for any card that charges annual fees, too many free cards out there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rats-

Simple VISA card that gives 2% cash back on everything-> Navy Federal Credit Union Visa Signature Flagship Rewards.

I love these guys.

I ran the math and amex blue cash preferred netted more annually for me than the free blue cash

I also kept my sapphire preferred for three years without fees by calling them and saying I want to cancel to avoid the fee
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I use.   No issues whatsoever.  2% back on everything.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I have a Navy Federal card that gives me 2% cash back on all purchases and no annual fee.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Look at Bankrate and NerdWallet.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top