Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2001 11:33:15 AM EDT
Bought a smoker/grill(a Brinkman) at a yard sale recently.Brand new,not used.No cookbook or product manual.Any one have some info on how to use it with out having the local celler savers standby?Got any favorite recipies you can share?
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a BBQ N_U_T, and want to get a smoker soon.

Have you ever eaten smoked Mullet?

Here in St. Augustine, FL, it is a regionial staple.
Has been for 400 years.

DELICIOUS!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
Mullet [:D]
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
hey AR 15 fan,
were you at the webshooters event yesterday?
someone mentioned that handle..just wondering.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 12:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Hickory smoked rainbow trout.. wrap it in tinfoil with some butter and light seasonings.. poke a few holes in the top.. won't make it off the grill.  (We need a buddha-belly smilie rubbing his gut...)

Doesn't require a smoker, per se, but brats boiled in beer and then BBQ'd are the shiznit! [:D]

Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Huge recipe site: [url]http://www.melborponsti.com/ [/url]

Check out the SPAM recipes...pretty funny.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 1:44:14 PM EDT
[#5]
This is simple, but it's the secret to perfect chicken.

ALWAYS cook chicken on the lowest possible flame.  Slow and long, cook it until it looks done.

BRINE MARINADE:  Take your bird and marinate it in salt water, over-night.  Just lots of salt in water.  Pat it down with towels before you cook.  Then maybe a little pepper.

The moistest best tasting chicken ever.  Works well with turkey, too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2001 2:32:40 PM EDT
[#6]
What do you want to smoke? Pork, chicken, Turkey, Beef? I smoke very frequently. Whatever you cook, cook it for 6-8 hours if its thick. Shorter if thin. Make a sauce from stuff in the fridge. Beer, pickle juice, vinegar, ketchup etc... whatever looks good to you. Baste things occaisionally. Use charcoal to get things going, then use hard woods for heat & smoke. I've used Hickory mostly, but oak works well too. E-mail me for tips.
Scott
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/4/2001 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
If you're going to grill a smoker, then you are going to have to marinade her/him in a highly flavored mixture for at least 24 hours before cooking.  Smokers, you see, have a strong flavor of tobacco impregnating their tissues (especially the organ meats) that it is hard to mask.  That's why, for culinary purposes, I prefer non-smokers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top