Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2006 11:39:36 AM EDT
Ok guys, I've never made jerky before, but I have the general idea. Let's hear some recipes!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#1]
This receipe takes the cake.  People who hate deer meat and people who don't like jerky have tried it when I make it and always come back for more.

3/4 cup soy sauce  
1 TB brown sugar  
1 tsp liquid smoke  
1 tsp salt  
1/2 tsp minced garlic  
1/2 tspgrated ginger  
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper  
1 pound venison strips  

Mix all ingredients together with the exception of the strips. Allow the ingredients at least 15 minutes for flavors to blend.

I put the strips in a ziplock bag, pour the marinade over top, and then add a little water if needed to increase the volume of the liquid to cover the meat.  Then I remove the air out of the bag, seal it up, mix everything around for a little bit and then put it in the refrigerator for about 6 hours.  I then use my oven to dry it by placing it on racks and cooking for 4 to 6 hours with the over set to 170 (the lowest mine will go) and the oven door propped open just a tiny bit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top