Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 4/19/2006 6:38:11 AM EST
So, in all my rage, I sent a strongly worded e-mail to Jon at Reccegear, pissed that it's been OVER A YEAR since I paid $100 for a case designed to hold my AR. I saw it on the military morons website, and emailed him from there.

Every 6 months after that, Jon sends something like, "It should be shipping two weeks!". That last one was in November, or something.

He says Monday/Tuesday, now. What do current end-users think? And why the hell is he such a flake?
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 11:08:10 AM EST
Get in line. I've been waiting 2 years plus for my stuff. I know how you feal, someone should not make promises they are not able to fulfill. If he screwed up once I'd let it pass but you and a bunch of other folks are in the same boat hearing statements like " I'll be sending it out next week". I here he's a busy guy with military, etc, etc. But bottom line is if you can't deliever what you continually promise your integrity and reputation are/will suffer.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 11:24:32 AM EST
Did you get a timeline of when the work would be completed by?

I've had to wait a year and a half for custom work to get done. Never again.

Part of the price is taking delivery of the item by a certian date/time. Most times we tend to be vauge & not bring this up.

Get it, the delivery date, in writing next time.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 11:55:28 AM EST
skebe, no I didn't get anything in writing, I should have. I went off everyone elses word that he was good to go on products with a "little longer than others" for a delievery date. Hindsight being 20/20 truly applies in this case.

Since it's been over 2 years I don't even know if I can legally still get a refund on the USPS money order that was sent to him. I'll be checking that one out.

I fall into the same catagory as you in regards to "never again".

What I don't understand is he has a website that gives the impression that his business is rolling right along.

www.reccegear.com
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 11:59:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 4/19/2006 12:00:54 PM EST by The_Beer_Slayer]
Top Top