Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2002 2:55:58 PM EDT
Tell me how these things work.  I just noticed on alldata.com that there are several recalls for defective parts and a long list of service bulletins for my pickup.  Does Dodge take care of these problems or will I have to foot the bill?  Also where can I get ahold of a service bulletin for the listed problem?  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 5:06:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Recalls should be taken care of by your dealer. [i]Generally[/i] speaking there is no expiration on a recall, but some do not have to be performed at the manufacturers cost after certain time and mileage limits. Check with your dealer to see if there are any outstanding recalls on your vehicle that need to be delt with. Normally all they need is the VIN to run a check.

Service bulletins address known problems with a known solution. They do not imply any responsibility on the part of the dealer or manufacturer to fix your vehicle. Only that they know of a problem and a solution. They are strictly information. No TSB might apply to your vehicle if you don't have any problem. You might develope a problem later when your vehicle is long out of warranty that a TSB applies to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top