Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2003 12:51:15 PM EDT
This is a site that details the history and rebuilding of an FW-190F/8 that was lost in Norway during the war.

They are asking for donations for the project. I only bring it to you so you can look around the site at the really good info.

Oh yeah, forgot something: www.white1foundation.org/
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#1]
??
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty cool!!Can't be too many of those left around.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 4:44:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Right now there is 1 FW-190 in flying condition.  I am not sure what model it is.  The German Government has it.  They brought it over here for a display a few years ago, but it was to be on Serptember 14, and all flights were grounded due to the attacks in New York.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Then this might interest you, too:

www.stormbirds.com/project/index.html

Christmas is coming soon!  Get you order in!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw that a while back.  I was going to post it later.  What a waste, all that work to build 5.  They could sell all they could build.

There is a company in Florida who is making full size JagdPanthers with 88mm propaine cannons. They also make full size custom versions of the 233 Armored car (8 wheel) They were back ordered like crazy on both last I saw, now how do you think a 262 jets would sell???????
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I recall reading a while back that they were going to build 9 ME262s and they were already sold at two million each. Now, if somebody could build full size B36s, I'd be really impressed!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#7]
If I had Bill Gates' money, I'd buy a squadron.  My own private fighter squadron - so long as they don't have to fly combat missions.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 12:26:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I look at the cockpit arrangements of those old aircraft and try to fly them in my head.  

Too bad my father in law is not still alive.  Used to be a FW pilot till he got shot down by his own side (listening to an American Jazz station when they gave out orders to land at another airstrip, and we are blasting everything in sight..)

Ended the war as a Ju-52 pilot shot down by the brits.  They were going to amputate his leg until they noticed the bone fragments sticking out of his leg were not his.      
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks a million for the stormbirds link! VERY cool! The more I study about the German technology,(assault rifles,jet fighters,better tanks) the more I am convinced that if the Hitler assination would have succeeded; there is no way we wouldnt have lost the war. OR, been forced into a truce.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top