Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 9:10:50 AM EST
Nothing really new................hope a dirty needle is somewhere is his not so distant future.

Rebel Grey Story: Lawyer: Wash. Soldier Aimed to Help Al Qaeda

Lawyer: Wash. Soldier Aimed to Help Al Qaeda

Thursday, September 02, 2004

FORT LEWIS, Wash. — Sgt. Ryan Anderson (search) was clear about his intentions in cell-phone text messages, e-mails and meetings with undercover agents he believed to be members of the Al Qaeda (search) terrorist network, an Army prosecutor said Thursday.

"It shows that he's trying to do all that he can, that the information he has, he's willing to share it with Al Qaeda," Maj. Melvin Jenks said in his closing argument at Anderson's court-martial.

Anderson, a tank crewman whose 81st Armor Brigade unit is now in Iraq, is accused of trying to show terrorists how best to attack the M1A1 Abrams (search), the Army's primary battle tank, and kill the soldiers inside.

"The overwhelming evidence has shown you that the accused betrayed our country," Jenks said.

During his nearly hour-long closing, he showed segments of the secretly recorded videotape of Anderson's Feb. 9 meeting with undercover agents he believed to be terrorists. Jenks also displayed text messages and e-mails Anderson posted on extremist Web sites.

"On behalf the United States Army, I ask you to find him guilty of all charges and specifications," Jenks concluded.

The defense was scheduled to submit its closing arguments next.

The 27-year-old Muslim convert is charged with five counts of trying to provide Al Qaeda with information about U.S. troop strength and tactics, as well as methods for killing American soldiers. A military spokesman has said the charges amount to attempted treason.

Conviction requires agreement by two-thirds of the jury of nine commissioned officers. Anderson could face life in prison.

On Wednesday, psychologists testifying for the defense said Anderson suffers from bipolar disorder and other mental conditions.

"He has been an outsider, a social misfit, most of his life," said Jack Norris, a civilian psychologist at Madigan Army Medical Center (search). He said he diagnosed him with bipolar disorder, the condition formerly called manic depression.

A second defense expert, Dr. Russell Hicks, a retired Army colonel and a staff psychiatrist at Madigan, said Anderson is afflicted with Asperger's syndrome (search), a high-functioning form of autism that impairs cognitive and social functioning. He said his diagnosis and Norris' assessment did not conflict.

Under questioning by prosecutors, Hicks said Anderson still was able to tell the difference between right and wrong.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:16:38 AM EST
Why would a "muslim convert" betray his country?

I just don't understand.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:18:37 AM EST

Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

I just don't understand.

In islam Allah wants you to die for him.

In CHristianity Jesus died for us.

Big differance huh?

SGtar15
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:19:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By sgtar15:

I just don't understand.

In islam Allah wants you to die for him.

In CHristianity Jesus died for us.

Big differance huh?

SGtar15

No, no, no. It goes like this:

Jesus wants your soul.
Allah wants your head.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:20:05 AM EST

Damn, all he can get is "Life".
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:24:27 AM EST

Originally Posted By Waldo:
Damn, all he can get is "Life".

That shithead was in one of my old unit's, where I have a few buddies still....

I still volunteer to hang the sun of a bitch upside down from a tree and skin that fucker alive!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:44:55 AM EST

........psychologists testifying for the defense said Anderson suffers from bipolar disorder and other mental conditions.

"He has been an outsider, a social misfit, most of his life," said Jack Norris, a civilian psychologist at Madigan Army Medical Center (search). He said he diagnosed him with bipolar disorder, the condition formerly called manic depression.

A second defense expert, Dr. Russell Hicks, a retired Army colonel and a staff psychiatrist at Madigan, said Anderson is afflicted with Asperger's syndrome (search), a high-functioning form of autism that impairs cognitive and social functioning. He said his diagnosis and Norris' assessment did not conflict.

Under questioning by prosecutors, Hicks said Anderson still was able to tell the difference between right and wrong.

All those disorders and he still managed to pass the ASVAB, the medical batteries, etc and learned to drive an M1. Hummm............. Do you really think he is THAT f^%$@# up or is this just one of those CYA moves by the defense?

Originally posted by R-32:

I still volunteer to hang the sun of a bitch upside down from a tree and skin that fucker alive!

I second that. I thought treason was a crime punishable by death??? WTF?? Over.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:49:26 AM EST

I just don't understand.

Its a prerequisite for getting into the cult.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:56:49 AM EST
Don't forget, this moron was previously arrested for carrying a rifle, while walking down the street, past a school yard.
Yes, it did turn out that the rifle was a C&R, was unloaded, and was "dis-assembled" (bolt removed). There were no charges, and the rifle was returned to him, but most of us here, I'm sure, could have figured out a better way of transporting a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:14:13 AM EST
DUPE!!
Sept 2 Ryan Anderson trial update: Social Misfit, Outsider
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=270147
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:18:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lon_Moer:
Don't forget, this moron was previously arrested for carrying a rifle, while walking down the street, past a school yard.
Yes, it did turn out that the rifle was a C&R, was unloaded, and was "dis-assembled" (bolt removed). There were no charges, and the rifle was returned to him, but most of us here, I'm sure, could have figured out a better way of transporting a firearm.

Ummm I work in the county where it occured, what he did was legal right up to the point where he freaked out a sheeple... and it is not that uncommon to see people with a rifle slung in a lot of parts of this county. Dont take anything in the Everett Herold as gospil, A lot of our high schools still have rifle teams...

What is sad is I used to live in California, and as a kid I rode around with a M-1 carbine slung on my back and no one ever said a word. ( that was the 80's) now I dare anyone to try that in California.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:33:25 AM EST

Here is our "pal":

RebelGray wants a MiG
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:41:03 AM EST
Bi-polar(ism?) doesn't make someone competely unable to function is society, especially if it's a mild case.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:46:10 AM EST
There is nothing lower than a traitor...its even lower than a child molster...
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:53:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 10:55:45 AM EST by The_Macallan]

Just a reminder...

www.AR15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=213481 (Link Is Now Dead)

Originally Posted By RebelGray:

Yeah, well, a question these f'tards dont want to answer is, I have just as much ammo and just as many toys as many of you, and I've yet to begin acting like a terrorist- why the hell if I'm such a delinquent because of my beliefs, havnt I just shot all you biggoted retards who are members of the "I-hate-XXX" this year club, and your families?

Further more why am I going to Iraq to fight this war, while the rest of you sit at home on your asses, armchair General-ing, and run your mouths about how bad me and my kind are, if "my kind" are mostly evil satanists bent on destroying your dreams of a beloved White Christian paradise in America?

By your standards I aught to be out there mowing Christians down as fast as I can pull the trigger just like that ass-boy and his teen-age lover in Maryland, I read all your posts on how to 'do it right'- hey, fuck over America's hate filled, biggoted, hill-billey, idiot gun owners and Christians in one foul swoop, right? Give all the soccer moms their poster child to disarm you peacemeal like they want and leave everyone wide-stark-naked-open to both domestic and foreign enemies, right?

May be I aught to start living up to your standards....or may be some of you aught to take your hate filled windbag asses home and realize that if ALL Muslims were evil hate-filled people, a lot more Americans would be dead right now. And may be even consider the fact that there are some of us out there defending some of you, while you sit around and throw your jabs at us and tell us to get the hell out of 'your' country....

Yeah, all you good White Christians are soooo well educated and SO noble, and SO tolerant in comparison to us idiot evil savages....

At least I'm acting out my convictions and letting my actions speak for themselves.

La illah il Allahu, wa ashadu anna Muhammadan abduhu wa Rasooluhu....

I AM a Muslim and I AM an AMERICAN SOLDIER, and the rest of you, you can kiss my hairy ass....

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=206760&page=2 (Link Is Now Dead)

Originally Posted By RebelGray:

I've offered this before and all I've gotten is a lot of hot air in return- but if you're such the big bad brave crusaider, come, try and take my people out of this country, starting with ME. I'm not hard to find, and if you'd like I'll fly a big Palestinian flag over my house to make it a little easier. Or since YOUR god is on YOUR side, just take one of your rifles out and start sniping at all of us "devils". After all, even if you get killed by the cops or the liberal conspiracy in this country, you'll end up a hero to the "good guys", you'll die doing the right thing by "your God", and hell, by your country too. Thats what you want isnt it? To be a hero to your cause? Or are you too much a coward to get up out of your EZ chair and do it.

Come on!

What are you waiting for?

Put up or shut up!

Its "you vs them"...

Why not hold some ralleys...

BURN SOME CROSSES

because if you think you're any different from the "Christian Knights" of the Aryan nation, or the KKK, you're realy fooling yourselves.

So full of hatered. So full of piss and vinegar.

You've got plenty of opertunity to put your money where your mouth is, I guess you're just too cowardly to take it. You just want to sit here and yell and call people names and pat yourselves on the back for it. Such a brave, noble thing to do. Such a good representation of how Christianity is SO MUCH BETTER than Islam.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:57:01 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 11:04:02 AM EST by lawsec]
Anybody remember "rupert" from back in WWII?

Let's tie him up, put a parachute on him and a bunch of firecrackers, and give him an airsoft AR and a F**K islam t-shirt and a bunch of pork sausage links around his neck, and drop him in the middle of Fallujah. Let his muslim brothers deal with him....

ETA: I suggest this because we have apparently become "too civilized" to use the proper punishment for a traitor.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:00:00 AM EST
Who is that bushmaster person?
He sure sounds like he wants to give rebel gray a blowjob....

Originally Posted By TheCynic:
Here is our "pal":

RebelGray wants a MiG

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:03:03 AM EST
Step 1: Place boot into ass.
Step 2: Place rope around neck.

Yall can figure out the rest.

And pig entrails should be involved... no virgins for you!

- BUCC_GUy
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:05:26 AM EST
What a peice of shit.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:06:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lon_Moer:

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:08:14 AM EST
Man..I forgot about those posts....
ok..I'm really pissed again....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:09:21 AM EST

Originally Posted By The_Neutral_Observer:
What a peice of shit.

aren't you supposed to say..."the neutral observer thinks that this piece of shit is a piece of shit"
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:22:07 AM EST

Originally Posted By PONY_DRIVER:
Bi-polar(ism?) doesn't make someone competely unable to function is society, especially if it's a mild case.

Trouble is, most people aren't aware that many psych diagnosis run the gammit from accurate, to 'lucky guess', to 'shot-in-the-dark', to pure bullsh!t. Dx such as ADHD, bipolar d.o., ODD, etc, are the salt-'n-pepper variety assigned to behaviors that may often times be simple cases of willful behavior. Remember the guy in downtown Seattle - Kristopher Kyme - who was kicked to death during Marti Gras? The punk got 2.5 years, mitigated by a jury falling for an ADHD Dx given to him many years ago. Stupid public is way to naive about what little it takes to be diagnosed. Walk into a psychiatrist's office & one can well leave w/ something nearly akin to a 'get-out-of-jail-free' pass for any crimes committed in the future.

Few know that when a patient is admitted during the noc hours for psych inpatient stay, Psych M.D.'s assign a Dx based on the initial behavioral reports given by the admitting RN, read to them over the phone, before even seeing the patient. I've seen patient diagnosis rotated on a spin-the-wheel policy to prevent a them from being discharged & keep the $$$ coming in, or to get in on the next 'big fad' diagnosis (eg. Multiple personality disorder - which has become unpopular & changed to 'Disassociative disorder').

The psych. claim is a defensive attempt to mitigate responsibility, & the burden will be on him to proove it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:30:55 PM EST

Originally Posted By KA3B:
Who is that bushmaster person?
He sure sounds like he wants to give rebel gray a blowjob....

Originally Posted By TheCynic:
Here is our "pal":

RebelGray wants a MiG

E-5 in the Guard?, and has his Private Pilot Ticket?...

He is full of shit everywhere he goes!

Top Top