Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 8:29:54 AM EDT
I hope they hang this fucker.

abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040901_396.html

FORT LEWIS, Wash. Sept. 1, 2004 ? A soldier accused of trying to pass military information to al-Qaida was shown in a videotape at his court martial Tuesday detailing weaknesses of the Army's primary battle tank to undercover federal agents.

The audio was muted on segments of the tape, and a gray blur obstructed Spc. Ryan G. Anderson's mouth to block what he was saying at times. Prosecutors say Anderson believed the men were members of the al-Qaida terrorist network.

"I have no belief in what the American Army asked me to do," Anderson said on the video. "They sent me to die."

The second day of Anderson's court-martial was closed to the public for long stretches so the judge and jury of commissioned officers could hear sensitive or classified testimony.

On the tape, Anderson offers sketches and information about weaknesses in the M1A1 Abrams and identifies the crew compartment, main gun and other components he described as vulnerable.

Prosecutors attempted to show that information on the tape could have endangered soldiers' lives.

Al-Qaida expert Christopher Wallace testified that the details Anderson shared would have been helpful to terrorists, but acknowledged during cross-examination that the information also could be found on the Internet.

An expert on the ability of soldiers to survive in military vehicles testified for about 15 minutes in open court about his background. Then, Judge Debra Boudreau asked members of the public to leave for 45 minutes of further testimony.

She again closed the courtroom after Abrams tank expert John Rowe confirmed that a tank's hull could be weakened by damaging panels on either side of the tank, as Anderson said on the videotape. The court was closed for more than an hour of classified testimony by Rowe.

Ryan, a 27-year-old Muslim convert, could get life in prison without parole if convicted of five charges of trying to provide the terrorist network with information about U.S. troop strength and tactics, and methods for killing American soldiers.

Defense lawyer Joseph Morse said in opening arguments that the National Guardsman often embellished the truth or lied to impress people, but is not a threat to national security.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:33:22 AM EDT
[#1]
The guy even looks like an idiot. He's worse than the enemy. Get a rope, I haven't seen a good keel hauling in awhile!
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:34:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Do we know for a fact that Anderson was a subscriber here as Rebel Gray?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:35:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like Special Ed to me.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes he was... In fact if I am not mistaken, there is another pic around here somewhere of him that he posted himself a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:54:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

Yikes.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I wonder how the good folks in the US Military Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth will will receive Mr. Anderson...

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I wonder how the good folks in the US Military Disciplinary Barracks at Fort Leavenworth will will receive Mr. Anderson...

I'm sure it will be Mr. Anderson that will doing the "receiving"
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:48:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Lets welcome him to"The Day of the Rope"
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#10]
He's a convert to Islam, so it is almost guaranteed he won't hang.  They are afraid to convict someone of treason and they are afraid to hand out the appropriate punishment on conviction.  Have any of the other traitors hung?  Have any murderers under UCMJ hung in the last ten years, nevermind since 9/11?  I'd be surprised if they don't set up a special tribunal incorporating Koran law into the proceedings.  Even if they got him on the first try, there are guaranteed appeals under UCMJ processes.

Look at Taliban John as an example.

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:19:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes.
Rebel Gray and guard tanker.

Don't know if Goatboy had the archives up and running.
I think someone on the board went back and copied his posts.

This is one of his old posts.
Rebel Gray at ar15.com - Civil Disobediance in opposion to stupid gun laws - a response to LA city's ban on .50BMG rifles. Sit tight. If they come to your house to take your weapon, shoot the bastards. [ar15.com]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#12]
TTT
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

WTF?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF?

That means lets hang the somebitch.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top