Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2001 1:53:20 PM EDT
Can someone clear up once and for all if the rebates we just received a few months ago are in fact rebates, or are they the advances on this year's tax return? If they ARE advances, that would seem to me to be a sort of false advertising by our got't. Not only that, but I was gonna use mine and my girlfriends to buy my new Kawasaki Prarie 650 this Jan./Feb! What gives?
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure it's a rebate.  I've never heard anything about it being an advance.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
It was an advance. Some people still have unclaimed checks, and if they remain unclaimed at the end of the year, they are just included in the next year's taxes. The Gov't cut the tax rate, and so the checks are a refunding of overpayment.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 3:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
It was an advance. That item wasn't well-publicized until the program was well under way.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It was an advance on your tax refund.  They sent it to us early as a PR ploy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2001 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#5]
If you got say 1000 back this year on taxes. With the tax cuts (if you are single) you should get 1300 back next year. What they did was give you next years 300 extra this year. So, with the cut next year you will get 1000 back again after getting the 300 back this year.

Confused?

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top