Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2002 2:27:49 PM EDT
My wife has advised me that I am setting a new standard of general grumpiness. For me, this is a real accomplishment as I am usually content to exude a slightly higher than average level of crankiness.

I don't have any one specific thing that has set me off today and am asking the membership of ar15.com, in an open forum, if anyone else is experiencing a greater than normal amount of grumpiness today. And, if anyone else is, what may have caused it.

I have thought of, and discarded, many possible reasons that may have caused this malady. Please see my list of reasons that have NOT caused me to be extra-cranky today.
1. Wife - nope, she has been an angel.
2. Work - maybe but I got through all of my problems pretty early today.
3. Menses (male or female) - nope, have not noticed either bleeding or the unreasoned urge to go by a Corvette.
4. General Bad Mood - kind of but a bad mood will usually only cause me a general funk, not an active crankiness.
5. External Factors - nope but this was the catagory that I as holding the most hope for. Since this catagory contains pets(messes), kids(money), houses(repairs), and any other factor that could bue bumming me out.

Please help, this is real problem (just ask my wife) and this post should not be locked![:D]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:30:03 PM EDT
[#1]
PMS??
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]
What he said?
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:36:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmmmm...

Every now and then I do the same thing.  Just a general grumpiness that I cannot shake.

Excercise ussually does it for me.  Get out of the house and DO SOMETHING that makes me feel like I accomplished something physically taxing.

Fresh air, some time at the range, mow the grass, ride a bicycle, walk in the woods, etc.

In the summer, I get really down.  Bored.

I have a night when I find a favorite book "Red Storm Rising" by Tom Clancy, get comfortable ina a chair and read it cover to cover.  Stay up ALL night doing it.

Ussually cures my malaise.

An old home remedy for depression was 24 hours without sleep.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

3. Menses (male or female) - nope, have not noticed either bleeding or the unreasoned urge to go by a Corvette.

Please help, this is real problem (just ask my wife) and this post should not be locked![:D]
View Quote

Maybe its because you were thinking back to the time you failed Grammer 101 and didn't go back.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh Fine !!!!  I lay here mortally wounded by a renegade bayonet and my topic gets locked, wiggy posts that he's PMSing and gets proffesional help !!! HELP !! HELP !! I'M BEING REPRESSED !!!!
i'm not dead yet, i'm getting better........
AAAAAHHHHHHHHaaaaaahhhhrrrrrrrgggggggg........
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey MurderSHO45,

Kiss my WHOLE ass!

A post that is titled 'really cranky' and then goes on to describe the signs and symptoms of said crankiness and askes for help and commiserating IS NOT the right time or place to practice your Grammar Nazi-ism. Since we are similar in seniority here in both post count and membership date, I would once again suggest(strongly) that you....
Kiss my WHOLE ass!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Menopause?

TheRedGoat
Hmmmm...

Every now and then I do the same thing. Just a general grumpiness that I cannot shake.

Excercise ussually does it for me. Get out of the house and DO SOMETHING that makes me feel like I accomplished something physically taxing.

Fresh air, some time at the range, mow the grass, ride a bicycle, walk in the woods, etc.

In the summer, I get really down. Bored.

I have a night when I find a favorite book "Red Storm Rising" by Tom Clancy, get comfortable ina a chair and read it cover to cover. Stay up ALL night doing it.

Ussually cures my malaise.

An old home remedy for depression was 24 hours without sleep.

TheRedGoat  

That sounds good.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:47:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Everyone,

Please stop assuming that I am PMS-ing. Trust me, this was the first item that my wife thought of and we were able to immediately remove it as a possible reason. (I had PMS'd earlier this month, about two weeks ago).
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:51:13 PM EDT
[#10]
During my KMWA response to MurderSHO45, I realized that I began to feel better! Yippee!!
Many thanks to TRG for his 'funk-busting-cures', but I think that I was able to add one that we could all use.... Verbally abuse a relative stranger.

For opening my eyes and allowing me to enjoy the remainder of my day, I thank you MurderSHO45. I still think you should KMWA but I thank you.[:D]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:52:09 PM EDT
[#11]
when I feel bummed or grumpy, I play golf, go buy a firearm, go for some exercise, or do some landscapin.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The Beer Slayer says get some beer. I agree.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:53:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Jump off the roof of your house. It always works for me.

(I'm not joking)
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 2:59:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn wiggy, if that's all it took, you coulda called! [:D]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#16]
I love you guys, you are great.

Once again GB, thanks for a great site!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Not just your house. A really tall building. You won't feel grumpy. But really, you're PMSing. Wait a few days and lemme know how things are. Also, get some tracers and some cans of gas. You get the idea. It'll make you feel better. Then run a few miles. You should be good to go after that. Oh, it could be menopause!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Grouchy bitch!!  [stick]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hey MurderSHO45,

Kiss my WHOLE ass!

A post that is titled 'really cranky' and then goes on to describe the signs and symptoms of said crankiness and askes for help and commiserating IS NOT the right time or place to practice your Grammar Nazi-ism. Since we are similar in seniority here in both post count and membership date, I would once again suggest(strongly) that you....
Kiss my WHOLE ass!
View Quote

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

Hey man, I was just playing around.
If I would've put this [:P] would it make you feel better?
Jeez!! You weren't kidding that you were having a bad day!!!

Besides, what does are "rank" at AR15.com have anything to do with how you feel and who you direct it too? So if I 1 more post then you, I'd get a free blow job? [:P]

Anyways, I did it to get a reaction, and I sure did, you responeded perfectly.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Try kicking a mime in the nuts.
Always works for me.

[;)]

ARH
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Its "them", beaming zeta-rays into your cerebral cortex. Only known solution is the old aluminum foil hat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Jeez sho, we finally get ol' Grumpy in a good mood, and here you come, trying to undo all the high quality therapy we just went thru.  Give the guy a break, ok.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:23:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

Besides, what does are "rank" at AR15.com have anything to do with how you feel and who you direct it too? So if I 1 more post then you, I'd get a free blow job? [:P]
View Quote

See, this is exactly what I mean. I express how I am down in the dumps, a fellow member recognizes that I am feeling low and offers to fellate me (see comparable post counts). While this is not exactly the type of 'love' I was talking about, it does show a certain type of affection and compassion.
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:29:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.

View Quote

See, this is exactly what I mean. I express how I am down in the dumps, a fellow member recognizes that I am feeling low and offers to fellate me (see comparable post counts). While this is not exactly the type of 'love' I was talking about, it does show a certain type of affection and compassion.
View Quote

OK now you better Kiss My White Ass cause I never proposed being on the "giving" side!!

Dammit now you got me cranky!!
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:34:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hey MurderSHO45,

Kiss my WHOLE ass!

Kiss my WHOLE ass!
View Quote

Just when you thought that you were having a bad day... [:D]
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:39:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey!!!!!!  Fuck off!!!!!! Now I'm really bitchy!!! Fucking tools..Forgive me gents.. I'm having a difficult time right now...
Link Posted: 4/29/2002 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Hey!!!!!!  Fuck off!!!!!! Now I'm really bitchy!!! Fucking tools..Forgive me gents.. I'm having a difficult time right now...
View Quote

Drop the remote, and step away from the TV, slowly now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top