Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2001 5:56:56 PM EDT
I go to ****** Carals Jr.
I haven't eatin ANYTHING all day and it's 4pm.

I pull up to the window...

Number 4 please.

Dr. Pepper

Criss cuts

go big.

2 cookies.

Moron: What number?

Me: 4.

Moron: And what drink?

Me: Dr. Pepper.

Moron:ok.

Me: Did you get the criss cuts?

Moron: Daaaahhh ok and criss cuts?

Me: Instead of fries... I WANT CRISS CUTS!!!

Moron: ok, what number again?

Me: 4................................................

Mororn: And what kinda drink?

Ok... I wait in the *********  ******* ***** drive through for god damn ******** ****** 20 minutes.

I back up... drive on.

Of course the car in front of me is done as I'm pulling away..

I go to the next ****** ******* Carals Jr. down the street.

Same order.

Speedy this time...

I ask my order again cause the total is too little. She forgets my cookies. Puts that on my total. I ask for ranch and ketchup, I get one... I then have to ask for ******* napkins...

Dumb ****** cook: Daaah.. you got the double western?

Me: uhh thats what comes with a #4

I ******* get home... It's 5pm now.

hahahaha... oh yeah.... you all know what next..

A... sour dough sandwitch... not my Double Western.

I ask now...

and I am not a smart man.. I may work in Silicon Valley as a computer tech... but I am not a smart man.. I didn't go to college like you other smart people did.. I didn't even finish high school..

[b]HOW ******* HARD IS IT TO TALK THROUGH A ******* BOX WITH A SPEAKER AND ****** GOOD LORD JESUS CHRIST SAVOR ******* GOD DAMNIT AND HOLY SHIT PUT ******** THINGS IN A ****** BAG AND GIVE IT TO PEOPLE IN THE VROOM VROOM'S?!?!?!?!?!?! REALLY?!?! HOW ****** HARD?!?!?!? I ASK HOW ******* HARD?!?!?!?!??![/b]

I... worked at jack in the box in high school.

Has it gotten any harder? Did things change? Is it much more than putting ******* things in the bag?!?!

Anyone? Did it get harder? I really want to know... so that I can start a business with **** robots modeled after Data from Star Trek to do theses hard jobs.

Thank you.

Link Posted: 2/3/2001 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
well first of all Frank. I've met some pretty dumb people with MBA's. If I were to hire for people at my work, I would rather hire someone with a good sense of the market than with higher education.
As far as the drive thru thing, I think we are all screwed. Some of these kids that work there are our future. I am sure some said this about me when I was working at McD's checking out the honeys instead of paying attention to the order. Sometimes though I just liked messing with people. Like purposely putting onion when they said no onions. Shorting them on the Nuggets. Sneenezing on the fries and other food stuffs. Hey I was a kid, it was funny at the time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
[b][i]"What we have here is a failure to communicate."[/b][/i]

Once you got it, was it any good?  Usually when something like that happens, the food sucks too.

The drive-though geniuses were probably too busy BSin' with each other to listen and get your order right.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I think most of our current problems, this included, can best be summed up thusly;

The intelligence quotient of the universe is constant; the population is expanding.
Link Posted: 2/3/2001 6:28:56 PM EDT
[#4]
They have a speaker to order, you order and move to the next window where you gives your money, then drive to the next window to get something close to what you order.
What they need is a window a block away so when you find out they messed up again they can fix it.
Like Joe Pesci said "never go to the drive thru, they f*** you at the drive thru".
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 3:46:01 AM EDT
[#5]
MAN! Jack in the Box!  That's something I miss about not living in CA anymore.  I used to love those those greasy things they called "regular tacos".  Nothing could beat those late at night.

I don't expect much from the drive through.  I figure if it's food that's approximate in value to what I payed, I'll eat it and be happy I have a meal.  I suppose I should expect better service and all, but I really don't care much about it.  If I want service and high quality food, I'll go to a higher quality place.

Don't bother going back to that particular joint.  Generally speaking, all the workers are hired from the same population base.  The difference is in who does the hiring, training, leading and firing.  That particular fast-food place probably will have bad service no matter what time or who's working.  It's not worth the bother.  

Your experience at two of the same restaurants may be telling you something about the company itself.  

Ross
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Next time just ask for $5.00 worth of food.  When they ask what you want say "it realy doesn't matter what I want because I won't get it any way.  Just put $5.00 worth of food and something to drink in the bag.  This way I'll be surprised instead of dissappointed."
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 8:39:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#9]
go to AK47.net so I can appreciate your expletives.

LONG LIVE THE FIRST AMENDMENT!
(but not here at bARney-15.com)

D.
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Next time just ask for $5.00 worth of food.  When they ask what you want say "it realy doesn't matter what I want because I won't get it any way.  Just put $5.00 worth of food and something to drink in the bag.  This way I'll be surprised instead of dissappointed."
View Quote

I am in the process of building up a website. It is in it's infancy, but it will get donr one day.
I want you there when I finish it.

McUZI
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top