Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 4:20:36 PM EDT
Seems chaos, belam, anarchy (whatever you wanna call it) is increasing.  What's most likely gonna happen to put an end to the animals running wild?  I'm not talking about "kill em all" or "send in the SEALs).  

What do you see as actually happening to restore order in New Orleans?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Monday it will be totally different.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:27:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I just heard on CNN that there are are going to be 30,000 National Guard on in NO tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Starve them into submission.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just heard on CNN that there are are going to be 30,000 National Guard on in NO tomorrow.

Armed with rifles with no ammunition clubs.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

This sight has some sick puppies  

It doesn't shine a good light on AR15 enthusiasts, sorry to say
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Getting people supplied with the basics is a good start. Food and water, shelter, clothing, medical care. Some stability. The biggest problem at this time is communication. Nobody knows where to go for help. Nobody knows where to send them. There seems to be no coordinated evacuation. Yes, it's true they should have left before the hurricane but they didn't. Now people who survived the storm are dying from neglect. We may find that as many or more people were lost after the storm passed. That is unacceptable. The New Orleans city administrators should be held criminally liable for such poor disaster preparedness. They have been warned for decades that this is coming and they did not prepare worth a damn. The Feds seem to be taking a lot of shit for this but the responsibility for the safety and security of the citizens of New Olreans lies with New Orleans city hall.

Another problem is people are in dispair. They have lost everything and have no idea how to start over. They need hope. A good start for them is to put them to work rebuilding once they have their basic needs met. Relocate them to a camp and truck them in to begin work cleaning up. Find one of those closed military bases and put them to work building their own camp or refurbishing abandoned infrastructure.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your suggestions then?

So far all I've seen are ANIMALS.  Sub-human savages that have discarded any semblance of how *CIVILIZED* people behave.

When people become animals then your options are EXTREMELY limited.  The "touchy feely" shit won't work anymore.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Gretta Vansusteran and more N.O. topics in arf GD should do the trick.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your suggestions then?

So far all I've seen are ANIMALS.  Sub-human savages that have discarded any semblance of how *CIVILIZED* people behave.

When people become animals then your options are EXTREMELY limited.  The "touchy feely" shit won't work anymore.

No, not at all! They're good people, just like the ROP is good.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell you what, Skippy.  I was born and raised down there.  I know those people and what they are capable of.  You can sit up there in your pale white surroundings and think pleasant thoughts about the noble descendants of nubian royalty but I know the truth about the assholes that you are watching on your TV.  I'm not the one looting a nursing home or hospital.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:44:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your eyesight has sick puppies? Eh?

Funny talk, coming from somebody who calls himself an "AssAssin."
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:45:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your suggestions then?

Civilization is merely an illusion, as the New Orleans situation highlights extremely well.  The human race is only ever a few days away from total barbarism.  All it takes is cutting off food and water.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...says the user that goes by "7point62_AssAssin".
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:59:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Getting people supplied with the basics is a good start. Food and water, shelter, clothing, medical care. Some stability. The biggest problem at this time is communication. Nobody knows where to go for help. Nobody knows where to send them. There seems to be no coordinated evacuation. Yes, it's true they should have left before the hurricane but they didn't. Now people who survived the storm are dying from neglect. We may find that as many or more people were lost after the storm passed. That is unacceptable. The New Orleans city administrators should be held criminally liable for such poor disaster preparedness. They have been warned for decades that this is coming and they did not prepare worth a damn. The Feds seem to be taking a lot of shit for this but the responsibility for the safety and security of the citizens of New Olreans lies with New Orleans city hall.

Another problem is people are in dispair. They have lost everything and have no idea how to start over. They need hope. A good start for them is to put them to work rebuilding once they have their basic needs met. Relocate them to a camp and truck them in to begin work cleaning up. Find one of those closed military bases and put them to work building their own camp or refurbishing abandoned infrastructure.

You are 100% right on sir.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Whatever happened to that little girl in Auruba?

Any one want to know how the last episode of "Over There" ended?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell you what, Skippy.  I was born and raised down there.  I know those people and what they are capable of.  You can sit up there in your pale white surroundings and think pleasant thoughts about the noble descendants of nubian royalty but I know the truth about the assholes that you are watching on your TV.  I'm not the one looting a nursing home or hospital.

+1 Pangea  
Some good folks in there that will take a hard stand for what's right, but not many; but a whole hell of a lot that will ride the edge of morality where it benefits them; and a bunch more that would cut your throat if you turn your back to them and that's before this situation.  Don't get caught in the wrong part of town in N.O. at night, and in some parts even during the day; it will get ugly quick.  Is it Algiers on the West Bank, short walking distance north of the downtown ferry? Definite bad joss there Skippy. You ain't got enough ass there to keep you safe day or night.  And don't limit it to black folks either if you want to color it up; there's some white trash in there that's as bad or worse. Not a racist, just a realist.  We welcome them with open arms to come out of the storm and get stabilized, but this is a long term deal and it's going to get ugly sooner or later.  No good deed goes unpunished.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top