Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2001 12:36:33 PM EDT
terrorism = the new buzz word for every situation.
-------------------------------------
KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. -- Three white men were arrested and accused of taunting Indians and firing shotguns at signs and buildings during an hourlong spree stemming from a conflict over scarce water supplies.

Witnesses said the men drove through the town of Chiloquin in a pickup on Dec. 1, yelling, "Sucker lovers!" -- a reference to fish considered sacred by the Klamath Tribes. Chiloquin, a town of about 800, is home to the offices of the Klamath Tribes.

"To be doing this, to me, is really an act of terrorism," Sheriff Tim Evinger said. "I consider it to be terrorizing an entire community."

Earlier this year, the government sharply reduced the flow of irrigation water to more than 1,000 farms to help protect suckers and salmon. Farmers grew angry as their fields dried up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 1:10:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Well first of all if they had tried this in my home town they would have been scalped in 10 minutes.

But back to the point, a single incident like this is misuse of the term terrorism. But then three guys with shotguns are not too much of a terror when everybody in town owns an AR like they should. [:D]

Now if this is some little hick town with a law against NAs owning firearms then things might be different. Who knows...
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 1:25:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like they were drunk.
Loose as a goose maybe?
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]
They weren't tighter; they were looser...

FITTER out [smash]
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Guess they had a screw loose. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Its a loosing battle guys!
I have given up.
Let Garandman handle it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2001 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well first of all if they had tried this in my home town they would have been scalped in 10 minutes.
View Quote

BWAHAHA retrodog leaves no stereotype unused.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top