Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:29:42 AM EDT
I love the holidays and all that comes with it. The closer we get to the big day though the more I feel I am about to break. This year has been especially hard. My brother came out early for the funeral and has decided to just stay (why make a trip to IN from PA then go back, just to return 3 days later) So I have spent all the days I have needed this past week to finish my stuff, spending time with my brother. Santa hasn't wrapped his presents, I still have a few left to wrap too. And I went overboard on my Moms and GHs Moms christmas gift. A photo album of lilGH from birth to date. Does anyone have time to go thru at least 100 discs of photos to sort out the good ones and the bad? I need this to be done by Thursday night (shit that is tonight) as Christmas with my Mom is Friday. Ok so instead of sitting here surfing the web, I should be doing that. I have to clean lilGH's room out completely, he got a new bed set for christmas from a very close friend. It has a slide, a tent and is really cool. (I'll post pics when we get it set up) It was the bed or a 4-wheeler, at almost 3 years old, I figured the bed was a safer bet. Ok thank you for letting me rant. I am off to go thru more discs of the lilgh.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:05:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Good luck, MrsGh. The holidays will be over soon. Try to relax, it will get better. Enjoy the time with family.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:18:13 AM EDT
[#2]
B-R-E-A-T-H-E

Then drink Vodka...

Works for me...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:32:36 AM EDT
[#3]
ok, so I got the discs back out and found I had been thru almost 2/3rds of them. Then when I was finished, I had to many pictures to print out for the album. So I deleted a few (Like 75 and still had 200 to print off) The last disc is burning (thought they would like a disc of it too) and I will be off to a Walmart or such to have them printed shortly. It's getting there! Now I have a bedroom and presents to work on.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:22:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:38:47 AM EDT
[#5]
did you know you can do walmart pix online??  then  you will just have to pic them up and its cheaper

walmart photo online
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 1:14:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:00:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Do like I do Mrs GH.......just keep chanting......it's almost over, it's almost over, it's almost over
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:39:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank You so  much ladies. This morning brings a brighter MrsGH. I got quite a bit done yesterday and I feel better. Santa still needs to wrap, but I got mine all done MrsG. I can't not wrap Santas stuff, the girls expect it now after 18 & 15 years, so lilGH gets it too.

DC, I tried to do it the easy way and send them to walmart online, my pc is setup not to allow the download I needed to d/l all of the pics at once. Have you ever sat here and tried to d/l 200 pics, one at a time? LilGH had a nice lunch out at the McD's across the street.

GL, I am chanting, I am chanting!

We got the bed all set up, the photo albums are all done now it is pretty much easy stuff. Going to my Mom & Dads today, MrGH Dads on Sunday and his Moms one day next week.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:02:03 AM EDT
[#9]
MrsG I would recommend just doing the best you can on the pages you can and then for additional gifts along the way fill in the other gaps.  A nice page here and there just to show you care will be very nice.  

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.  You're one of the nicest women in the world.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Santa does not wrap presents!  Make this rule now and you'll be much happier later on.  Hang in there, hon.

a HUGE YUP!!!!!

My mom and Dad set that standard...and I chose to not mess with it!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#11]
I just finished my shopping at lunch today.  PHEW.

Now I can relax...for tonight...I DRINK!!!

wait..I'll be drinking all weekend, who am I kidding?

haha.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Iv still got to buy presents

you'd best get your ass to the store, Tweak.

Gift cards can be your best friend!  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Iv still got to buy presents

Tweak, you are not the only one. As we were coming home from my folks today (the photo album was a huge success too BTW) we passed a mall, not a parking place in sight. It looked that way every place we passed tonight. Thankfully I was just passing thru and didn't have to stop.

Patty thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top