Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2001 6:31:45 AM EDT
I'm ready to buy an AR-15. Under 1000.00 which one should I buy? I've been looking hard at Bushmasters, want to be able to change sights handles etc. would that be a flat top? Don't know much about configurations, but I know you guys do! Help, Thanks, Norm.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Colt!

BKVic
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:45:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Look no further than a Bushmaster.

Removable handle etc. would be the A3 model...just choose the barrel length you prefer.

Good Luck!

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com[/url]

Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:48:18 AM EDT
[#3]
btw, their homepage states:

"Due to the recent events that occurred on September 11, 2001, we are temporarily suspending all international retail sales. We will keep you informed of the situation as things develop."

So if you live outside the USA...no BM!

Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Man you just need to take time with each one and see.
With ARs you can chang any thing so brand is not a big deal in that way.
Just stay away from the $500-$600 crap you may run into.
Colt,Bushmaster and Amralit And what ever else you do don't buy any Wolf ammo!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks you guys, I got a colt match target competition H bar II am now looking at optics.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 3:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Hi, welcome to the forum. I just bought a Bushmaster recently. Check my similar thread below that influenced the purchase:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=55335[/url]
Have fun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 4:02:44 PM EDT
[#7]
WOW that was quick. You post here for help choosing an AR and aproximatly 9 hours and 16 min later you are back here saying that you got a Colt. Hope you like it!!!

it wont be your last.......

-bricklayer
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 4:13:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh, shit man. You bought a colt. Damn, I wish I'd gotten here sooner. Colt's having major problems with their barrels right now and their last lot of pistol grips is breaking off in peoples hands, and.. Just kidding, man. The first gun I ever bought was a preban colt. Still my favorite, even with the damn sear block and pins. Buy good mags and lots of ammo. You're going to need it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I feel another 37 page thread coming on.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Norm, is that the 6731 model.  If so, you will be very happy with your new toy!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 5:49:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I have that mag oneshot. They went through 10000 rounds on two days or so, but fired it too fast and burned out one part of the chamber, causeing the shells to key hole @~8000 rounds. The funny thing was as soon as they switched to a different kind brand of ammo, the thing shot streight again. Seems different ammo will tolorate chamber wear (and wear the chamber) differently. They did not experience one FTF, jam, or extraction problem during the entire test. Impressive no matter how you look at it.

In the sam issue, they shot 10000 rounds of .45 through a sig (I think). The gun actually shot closer groups after the test. 10000 rounds and it just broke the dang thing in. REALLY impressive....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top