Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/25/2013 5:56:36 PM EST

I have been using the same old stuff for years and feel I've put this off long enough, dismantling the "tower of power" and replacing everything with one high quality receiver. I never listen to the radio anymore, nor cassettes, 8 tracks, records, even cd's. I simply use the stereo stuff for watching a movie now and then via the PS3 and 73" Mitsubishi tv.

I kinda have thought about replacing the DSP-E492 Yamaha processor with something else, but the trouble is that there just doesn't seem to be any stand along processors......u have to buy a receiver. I am using a couple different older receivers to power the center and rear speakers, and the main Yamaha amp to power the main front speakers. Also have a couple subs in the system.

So since I can't seem to find a good upgrade for the DSP-E492, leaning pretty hard towards a high quality receiver.

I don't need state of the art......ipod or bluetooth or any of that other stuff. Just want a robust receiver with enough "gutts" to power the speakers without clipping.

any thoughts on a receiver? Would prefer to find a receiver that is not cutting edge anymore, a couple years old that has depreciated off a bit since I don't need all the whistles and bells, nor do I want them.

Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:18:04 PM EST
Jesus, look at all those nobs and switches.... I think you need an Ipod and some Bose speakers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 6:42:34 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bruins:
Jesus, look at all those nobs and switches.... I think you need an Ipod and some Bose speakers.
View Quote

Bose speakers????? lol
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:19:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By vmax84:
<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/o5vh.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/4079/o5vh.jpg</a>

I have been using the same old stuff for years and feel I've put this off long enough, dismantling the "tower of power" and replacing everything with one high quality receiver. I never listen to the radio anymore, nor cassettes, 8 tracks, records, even cd's. I simply use the stereo stuff for watching a movie now and then via the PS3 and 73" Mitsubishi tv.

I kinda have thought about replacing the DSP-E492 Yamaha processor with something else, but the trouble is that there just doesn't seem to be any stand along processors......u have to buy a receiver. I am using a couple different older receivers to power the center and rear speakers, and the main Yamaha amp to power the main front speakers. Also have a couple subs in the system.

So since I can't seem to find a good upgrade for the DSP-E492, leaning pretty hard towards a high quality receiver.

I don't need state of the art......ipod or bluetooth or any of that other stuff. Just want a robust receiver with enough "gutts" to power the speakers without clipping.

any thoughts on a receiver? Would prefer to find a receiver that is not cutting edge anymore, a couple years old that has depreciated off a bit since I don't need all the whistles and bells, nor do I want them.

Thanks for any advice.
View Quote

http://nadelectronics.com/home

They focus on sound quality and leave out the extras.
Top Top