Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2013 6:56:36 PM EDT

I have been using the same old stuff for years and feel I've put this off long enough, dismantling the "tower of power" and replacing everything with one high quality receiver.  I never listen to the radio anymore, nor cassettes, 8 tracks, records, even cd's.   I simply use the stereo stuff for watching a movie now and then via the PS3 and 73" Mitsubishi tv.

I kinda have thought about replacing the DSP-E492 Yamaha processor with something else, but the trouble is that there just doesn't seem to be any stand along processors......u have to buy a receiver.  I am using a couple different older receivers to power the center and rear speakers, and the main Yamaha amp to power the main front speakers.   Also have a couple subs in the system.

So since I can't seem to find a good upgrade for the DSP-E492, leaning pretty hard towards a high quality receiver.

I don't need state of the art......ipod or bluetooth or any of that other stuff.   Just want a robust receiver with enough "gutts" to power the speakers without clipping.  

any thoughts on a receiver?   Would prefer to find a receiver that is not cutting edge anymore, a couple years old that has depreciated off a bit since I don't need all the whistles and bells, nor do I want them.  

Thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Jesus, look at all those nobs and switches.... I think you need an Ipod and some Bose speakers.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jesus, look at all those nobs and switches.... I think you need an Ipod and some Bose speakers.
View Quote

Bose speakers?????    lol
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/o5vh.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/4079/o5vh.jpg</a>

I have been using the same old stuff for years and feel I've put this off long enough, dismantling the "tower of power" and replacing everything with one high quality receiver.  I never listen to the radio anymore, nor cassettes, 8 tracks, records, even cd's.   I simply use the stereo stuff for watching a movie now and then via the PS3 and 73" Mitsubishi tv.

I kinda have thought about replacing the DSP-E492 Yamaha processor with something else, but the trouble is that there just doesn't seem to be any stand along processors......u have to buy a receiver.  I am using a couple different older receivers to power the center and rear speakers, and the main Yamaha amp to power the main front speakers.   Also have a couple subs in the system.

So since I can't seem to find a good upgrade for the DSP-E492, leaning pretty hard towards a high quality receiver.

I don't need state of the art......ipod or bluetooth or any of that other stuff.   Just want a robust receiver with enough "gutts" to power the speakers without clipping.  

any thoughts on a receiver?   Would prefer to find a receiver that is not cutting edge anymore, a couple years old that has depreciated off a bit since I don't need all the whistles and bells, nor do I want them.  

Thanks for any advice.
View Quote

http://nadelectronics.com/home

They focus on sound quality and leave out the extras.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top