Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/15/2003 2:24:55 PM EDT
we're doing some OT at another site after hours-our normal hours, anyway. So sitting at these desks for three hours not doing much we're all reading. I'm reading the new SAR, the Glock Abraxus suppressor story, and my boss pulls me aside. Some assclown walked by and saw it, and let her know "just in case", whatever the fuck that means. My boss was cool about it, she asked me to not read it around the liberals (her words). I said sure, whatever. She told the other person I was a veteran and part time security consultant (true) to put their mind at ease. I hate sheople fuckstick pussy liberal women (and men).

Anyway, just felt like telling you all about it.

Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:27:44 PM EDT
solution: rip the magazine apart

­

<­BR>

pin the pictures on your desk.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:28:06 PM EDT
I actually have my own stack of gun mags in the magazine rack at the dispatch center. I've got my boss hooked on guns now too.

Guns are like cigarettes, but are statistically better for your health.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:31:52 PM EDT
Make a sexual harrasment complaint the next time you see a copy of Cosmo in the office.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:32:32 PM EDT
Pretty common occurrence in Rhode Island, I'd think...
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:35:54 PM EDT
Zombies!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:42:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By shotar:
Make a sexual harrasment complaint the next time you see a copy of Cosmo in the office.

I like it.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:43:24 PM EDT
I leave mine in the breakroom and on the back of the toilet.
I actually get bitched at if they get too old!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:44:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Spade:

I like it.

me, too!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:48:56 PM EDT
liberal bastages
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:49:05 PM EDT
Ha-Ha that would never happen where I work! I'd say a good 3rd of us are gun owners, no one is anti-gun, we even have a in-house FFL!

I did get a kick the other day when I came in from outside. Our IT department was escourting some big wig around through our breakroom. We had just about every gun mail flyer known to man laying out on the tables.......I did get a strange look!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 2:51:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By piccolo:

Originally Posted By Spade:

I like it.

me, too!

You wanna make it real good? File a sexual harrassment complaint next time one of the women wears a tight shirt with cleavage, or her nipples stick out all day long.
Theoretically, it would fly.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:17:04 PM EDT
My Program Manager went through the CWP class with me and we talk guns now & then. However, a lot of upper mgt are northern liberal types, so we're discrete.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:19:40 PM EDT
That really sucks. There is a saying that a liberal is just someone who has never been the victim of a crime. Fkin freaks is what they are.
I witnessed an assualt and battery on about a 45 yo lady last Wednesday. She left her Cherokee door open while entering her vehicle and got honked at. Instead of choosing a different spot (plenty available), this other bitch just layed on the horn. Finally the jeep chick called her a bitch. This 250 black chick gets out and starts slamming this 100 pound middle aged lady in her jeep door. "You better never call me a bitch!" Getting slammed in the door 6-8 times messed her up.
She was sitting in her jeep bleeding and crying while the criminal got in her car and fled.
I missed everything but the door slamming pretty much. When I spoke with the victim she told me the missing parts. It sucks that I wasn't close enough to intervene or at least get the plate number. SHE IS GETTING AWAY WITH IT! This is the short version of course. Anyway, one of my thoughts on the matter was that this victim could have been a lib. Right part of town, things she said, way she looked. Do you think shes singing kumbaya now? I doubt it and the incident will affect all those who are close to her. She could have been killed by that door.
Maybe I had a front row seat to a conversion!
I bet you'd like to witness a similar conversion..
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 3:25:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/15/2003 3:26:08 PM EDT by cyanide]
Should have seen the looks I got at the Air Port reading a gun mag, along with some guy reading the Koran.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:08:09 PM EDT
This June I flew to North Carolina for my Grandmas funeral, I was reading the Guns and Ammo AR issue, no one looked at me twice...

I had just found out that night my supervisor was a hard case conservative.

zombies indeed......

and yeah, it does happen up here a lot. Plus I work for a liberal company.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:12:49 PM EDT
Typical.

Good thing that your boss was cool about it. But I wonder what her reaction would have been if you were not a veteran and just and "ordinary citizen"?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:13:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/15/2003 5:14:38 PM EDT by SHIVAN]
Shit, I got a visit from our two 50 year old++ Directors of Security when I got an ARMS mount from Adrenaline Arms.

Seems they think that firearms can be shipped in the mail to any old place. They were certain that the box, which contained an ARMS 22M68 & cantilever mount, had some sort of gun inside.

They were VERY relieved when it contained some metal things that looked like they belonged "on a spaceship".

Farging idiots....
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 5:14:50 PM EDT
"Just in case"

That says it all.....

NsB
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 6:01:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TimJ:
sheople fuckstick pussy liberal women (and men).

There's a diference betwean the two?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:05:36 PM EDT
Speaking of gun magazines. I often take some on flights with me when I travel. If I have finished one, I intentionally leave it in the back of the seat in front of me. (I remove my address if it's a subscription).

I figure one of two things can happen. Someone will find it and throw it away (it would have wound up in the trash anyway), or there's always the possibility that someone might read it and begin a longtime interest in firearms.

Hey, it can't hurt right ??
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:15:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TimJ:

... I hate sheople fuckstick pussy liberal women (and men).

... Me too, fuckem
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 2:22:32 AM EDT
When are Women going to realize? In ye olden times men fought and women reproduced! if the men were unable to fight due to their "pussification" guess who got raped up the butt?? Women should leave us to our weapons ,politics and dressing badly. And we should leave them to watch oprah, dr phil etc. we'd all be better off!
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:26:01 AM EDT
ban car doors
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 3:59:03 AM EDT
I bought a Guns and Ammo mag at the airport bookstore, within 5min I had a plain clothed security guard sitting next to me. He told me he was a off duty pilot and was going to Vages on the same flight. We talked about pilots carrying guns,ect. Shortly after I told him that I would rather be shot that shotdown or crashed he dissapeared. He never got on the plane.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:23:29 AM EDT
If you have to be discrete in reading a gun magazine, the Republic is lost.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:09:30 AM EDT
I like shotar, & DoubleFeed's ideas. I would dirst try to find out who complained, or at least who's a liberl, & then look for the afore mentioned things to file a complaint on them for. them good, & hard for all of us.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:14:11 AM EDT
You tell your boss that the company must "value your diversity", and you'll be filing a complaint if you aren't allowed to read the magazines. Unless there is a specific company policy (besides the one about working when on duty) that defines what reading material is acceptable, they don't have a leg to stand on - everyone has to be treated equally.

Now, it sounds like you boss is dong a good job handling this, so if you get along well and don't want to cause her unecessary grief, just be firm and not defiant.

Then find out who complained and leave your old magazines on their desk or in their trashcan.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:15:27 AM EDT
Get yourself a copy of Homos and Queers Monthly (I am sure there is a magazine like that) and bring it to work. Dare someone to complain about that.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:56:42 AM EDT
Looks like time to take the offender out to the range.

invite him/her along to show what a good time you are having.

Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:02:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KA3B:
Get yourself a copy of Homos and Queers Monthly (I am sure there is a magazine like that) and bring it to work. Dare someone to complain about that.

Stapel the cover of a nonthreataning magazine over your gun rag, & read to your hearts content in cogneto.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:18:14 AM EDT
Do you smoke? Get one of those lighters disguised as a handgun.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:24:05 AM EDT
The last time I was called to jury duty I carried a copy of American Handgunner, Combat Handguns and Small Arms Review with me. I openly read them the entire time that I was sitting or standing around during the course of the day & the Bingo selection process. I only put them down when in the jury box & during the interview (when I was required to pay attention, not being disrepectful). There were plenty of stares & mumblings and several disgusted grunts and sighs primarily from liberal college students & women. Needless to say I wasn't chosen. But I suspect that my statement regarding "ignorance of the law is no defense" to the defense attorney didn't bode well either.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:28:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SHIVAN:
Grandma, what funny metal things that looked like they belonged "on a spaceship".

the better to kill you with my dear!
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:34:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TexasEd:
Speaking of gun magazines. I often take some on flights with me when I travel. If I have finished one, I intentionally leave it in the back of the seat in front of me. (I remove my address if it's a subscription).

I figure one of two things can happen. Someone will find it and throw it away (it would have wound up in the trash anyway), or there's always the possibility that someone might read it and begin a longtime interest in firearms.

Hey, it can't hurt right ??

Third.......a airline mechanic/fellow shooter finds it and thinks "Right on I just found the latest issue of...........!"

But the cockpit is where the good stuff is at, Maxim, Stuff, FHM ect...ect!
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:34:18 AM EDT
Tim, that is truly a sad situation. Where I work, we are (most of us) pro-gun. The ones who are not are a minority, and usually keep quiet. I take old copies of Shotgun News and leave in the breakroom, man those guys snatch 'em up fast!
My advice to you is keep on reading whatever gun rag you wish, and tell ms.do-gooder to f*ck off.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 6:49:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/16/2003 6:51:36 AM EDT by Va_Dinger]
I actually got in trouble for having a "gun" screensaver on my computer at work. It was just a U.S. SF Operator in Afghanistan who happened to be holding an M4! I thought they were joking at first. I mean all these morons with U.S. flags on their cars, but a U.S. soldier out defending THEM they find offensive? It was no joke and could have cost me job. I had to have a "visit" with the head of security! Luckily he was a vet also and was cool about the whole thing. He just filed it in the "round file" Trust me I found out who made the compliant and "got even". HE NEVER MESSED WITH ME AGAIN. Let me just add that this did not happen in America. It was south Florida.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 10:04:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By KA3B:

That sounds like a great idea. Along with that magazine, bring a magazine about Islam and how bad the United States is, that same bitch that coplained about you will probably want to mate with you.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 11:34:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/16/2003 11:50:57 AM EDT by the_survivalist]
i would tell the commie pinko liberal bitchvfag cunt snitch to fuck off, eat shit, die and go to hell..

but thats me.. and i don't have many friends...
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 12:51:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CS223:
I suspect that my statement regarding "ignorance of the law is no defense" to the defense attorney didn't bode well either.

That does not sit to well with me either. There are so many obscured laws who the hell can keep up or remember them all.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:55:21 AM EDT
I'd file a complaint with management regarding First Amendment rights.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 2:50:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/17/2003 2:54:58 PM EDT by Tango7]
I'm with prebans on this one.

There was a case a few years ago about an LA FD (City? County?) captain, who was reading Playboy in his office, and a female complained, and had him brought up on EEO/harrassment charges.

He won the case. He has a right to read what he wants, as long as he doesn't impose that material on his coworkers or subordinates who don't wish to read / view it.

[edited to add - here's the skinny, circa June 10, 1992 - thanks to IAFF27.org)

JUDGE REJECTS BAN ON PLAYBOY IN FIREHOUSES

JULIE TAMAKI, TIMES STAFF WRITER

A federal judge Thursday struck down a Los Angeles County order that forbade fire fighters from reading or possessing Playboy in firehouses, ruling that the anti-sexual-harassment measure violated constitutional guarantees of free speech and press. U.S. District Court Judge Stephen V. Wilson issued an order barring the county from enforcing its ban on Playboy against Fire Department Capt. Steven W. Johnson, who brought a lawsuit challenging the policy. The judge found that the ban placed "severe limitations on Johnson’s First Amendment rights." County officials failed to prove their argument "that quiet reading of Playboy contributes to a sexually harassing atmosphere," Wilson announced at a hearing in U.S. District Court in downtown Los Angeles.

In a written copy of his findings, Wilson found that Playboy contains "matter of public concern" and that firehouses offer sufficient privacy for a fire fighter to read the magazine without exposing its contents to an "unwitting onlooker."

Wilson also wrote that the policy restricted Johnson’s rights because it banned him from reading Playboy during his relaxation time at the fire station — a place that serves as his home for several days at a time — giving him no opportunity to exercise his freedom of expression.

Did you force her to read "the armed citizen?" No? 1st Amendment.

Did you tell her her job was dependent on it (attempt at workplace coercion throught threat of reprisal / promise of benefit)? No? 1st Amend.

Did you post pictures of AR's on the outside of your locker (or in her cubicle), and laugh at her discomfort, even though she told you she didn't want to look at the images? No? 1st Amend.

Tell the Lib to pound sand. Tell your employer that, as long as it's not naked pics (even though they're consitutionally protected), you'll read what you want - especially when you;re being asked to work extra hours and spend time away from your family / ordinary life.
Top Top