Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/6/2013 12:47:11 PM EDT
I cringe every time I see Ray Lewis on camera (aside from the fact that he is a camera whore)  How can no one on TV  ever mention the fact that he was a part of a murder.  From what facts came out it seems most likely that he was not involved in the actual act of murder, but even having anything to do with the covering up of a murder is enough for me to be disgusted at the very sight of him.  If he had paid his debt to society, maybe I could forgive (not forget), but he used his money and influence to sweep it under the rug and deny the families of the deceased and society any chance for  justice.  Am I alone here? Do Raven fans see it differently from others?  On top of all of that, he pulls the "found God" act, complete with a Psalm 91 T-shirt for all of the cameras (which is also very self-congratulatory of himself about his lack of fear).  I for one will not miss him at all.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Who???
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 12:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I cringe every time I see Ray Lewis on camera (aside from the fact that he is a camera whore)  How can no one on TV  ever mention the fact that he was a part of a murder.  From what facts came out it seems most likely that he was not involved in the actual act of murder, but even having anything to do with the covering up of a murder is enough for me to be disgusted at the very sight of him.  If he had paid his debt to society, maybe I could forgive (not forget), but he used his money and influence to sweep it under the rug and deny the families of the deceased and society any chance for  justice.  Am I alone here? Do Raven fans see it differently from others?  On top of all of that, he pulls the "found God" act, complete with a Psalm 91 T-shirt for all of the cameras (which is also very self-congratulatory of himself about his lack of fear).  I for one will not miss him at all.

I think he's a twat waffle.

And not a fan of the team.  wether Ray Lewis is there or not.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Will also not miss his stupidly inflated tackle numbers.  If he was within 5 yards of a play, he would throw himself onto the pile and they would credit him with a tackle.  I remember one game where he was INACTIVE and the box score gave him a tackle.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 12:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
He should still be serving time for Murder.........
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Murderer
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 12:59:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Ray Lewis --- Hero or accomplice???

Neither
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 12:59:55 PM EDT
[#7]

was a great defensive football player
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Murdering thug asshole
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Haters gonna hate.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't want to face him on a football field.  

He killed someone!
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#11]
my Facebook feed is literally full of news stories and soccer moms weeping at the end of ray "stabby" Lewis's career. has been all week. today its insane.

Balti-morons, is what we call them. everytime I see a kid wearing his jersey I cringe, and realize its part of the downfall of our society. its practically mandatory to wear a ravens jersey at my daughter's school on fridays.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Murdering thug asshole

correct answer
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:05:39 PM EDT
[#13]
P.O.S
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#14]
LOL I just got back from the Bar, where me and my friend kept yelling shank lewis at the TV people around us where like no idea the guy was involved.  Society doesn't care what it's super stars do, guy is trash, he belongs in Jail
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Deifinately not a hero.  Just a man. Will get flamed I'm sure.  He screwed up. He was charged for obstruction of justice. He paid fines and put on probation.  His cohorts were found not guilty. Good story of redemption.  Awesome on the field and good team leader.  Fun to watch. Hell I'm a cowboys fan so I am use to rooting for people who have made bad choices in their past.

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:10:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Ban middle linebackers ! For the children !

Seriously i w a s thinking the same thing today
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:11:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
a great defensive football player

This. Lewis is one of the best defensive players in the league, and a future hall of famer. I've never been a huge Ravens fan, but he's definately one of the best at what he does.

Why is anyone still hung up on an incident that happened over a decade ago? It happened, it was investigated, they dropped the charges on Lewis, and everyone went on with their lives. The case is closed. Maybe he got away with something, maybe not. It happens every day in the world, not just with football players. So who cares? It's over and it's 12 years in the past now. Yet the average GD poster can't stand the idea that Ray Lewis has remained to be a big part of the Ravens defense.

It's funny that most Arfcommers will defend the constitution, but then screams for the death penalty for Ray Lewis, regardless of the whole "innocent until proven guilty" concept. None of us were there when it happened, so noone knows the truck. None of us were prosecutors or lawyers working on the case. So why are we personally convicting the guy  of murder 12 years after everyone else has already moved on?

He's 1 guy on a roster of 53 other players. I don't see why it has to be brought up every single time a Ravens game is on TV....
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Haters gonna hate.

Yup, I hate that cocksucker to his core...Fuck him, may he die in a fire.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Hes the reason I root against the Ravens every time they play.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Could not have said it better myself.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I hope he really has found God. My feeling is that he uses that as a front, though.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:27:54 PM EDT
[#23]
My son "Trucked" his kid in a varsity high school game this year.
Yes, I'm a proud father.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#24]
i always laugh when people say sports superstars and celebs have done their time/paid their dues for whatever misdeeds they've done or that their charges were dropped and they're innocent.

notice how almost every celeb convicted of DUI manslaughter charges or 2nd degree murder or drug charges always get off with a slap on the wrist?

fuck ray lewis

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Murdering thug asshole

This.

Fuck that guy... piece of shit.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:34:31 PM EDT
[#26]
great LBer.
if you or I did what he did in witholding info in a murder, we'd have done some time or faced some kind of legal bodyslam.
even with probation or suspended sentence,we'd have a record.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I feel as though if it were " Archie Bunker" instead of Ray Lewis most of Arfcom would be at his defense
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Murderer

This. He killed two people and got away with it. What else would he be?
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Murdering thug asshole

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#30]
One of the greatest linebackers to play the game. Off the field, he is a a thug and not a role model
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:37:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I feel as though if it were " Archie Bunker" instead of Ray Lewis most of Arfcom would be at his defense

Are you trying in some half assed manner to call us racists?

He killed two people, they should stick him in a hole with rapistberger and let the two of them fight to the death.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
He killed two people, they should stick him in a hole with rapistberger and let the two of them fight to the death.

So you witnessed him do this? Or are you just assuming it? Did you personally view the evidence and sit through the trial, or are you just basing your opinion off what you read on the internet?

Was he found guilty in a court of law? Do you not agree with the principle of "innocent until proven guilty"?

Quoted:
i always laugh when people say sports superstars and celebs have done their time/paid their dues for whatever misdeeds they've done or that their charges were dropped and they're innocent.

Noone's saying Lewis was innocent of all crimes. But he wasn't proven guilty of murder. There's a big difference. The burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove guilt, and they didn't do that. They didn't even attempt to do that. Lewis was not found guilty and his protection under the US Constitution is the same as yours. It's a pretty neat document, you should read it some time.....
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:43:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I feel that you should post less, or at least think first.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:48:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:49:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hes the reason I root against the Ravens every time they play.

Same here.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:49:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Celebrity worship is a cancer.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Man, I can't belive how many of you were on the jury for his trial!
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certainly not , Lord knows ,I mean the man WAS acquitted of the charge, was he not? Whether that is/was because of his celebrity
you and I will never know for sure. My personal take? , like so many "stars" these days they surround themselves with scumbags
(freeloaders ) . I can not and will NEVER be responsible for what you may do , should we ever meet. Just because we are on this site
I really have know idea what your propensities are ,even though we share the common interest of firearms.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Kinda gross they put him on the field while the Ravens were on offense for the last play of the game.

Our society (worldwide)  is a nasty one.  If you have money and fame, crimes and generally atrocious behavior are A-Okay.

Roman Polanski
Chris Brown
Ben Roslithberger
Robert Blake
OJ

list is endless and saddening.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow I was unaware of this.Never ceases to amaze me how "athletes" can do what ever they want and many in society want them to get a pass as long as they keep playing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Guilty
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certainly not , Lord knows ,I mean the man WAS acquitted of the charge, was he not? Whether that is/was because of his celebrity
you and I will never know for sure. My personal take? , like so many "stars" these days they surround themselves with scumbags
(freeloaders ) . I can not and will NEVER be responsible for what you may do , should we ever meet. Just because we are on this site
I really have know idea what your propensities are ,even though we share the common interest of firearms.

Are you off your fucking meds or something
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#44]
DO DIS RESEARCH

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 2:09:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you off your fucking meds or something

LOL , perhaps one of us has possibly had too much to drink, then again one may not have had enough, that will be for you to decide !!
I mean it's not rocket science . As I have to awake around 1 am , I'll bid you adieu

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 2:12:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you witnessed him do this? Or are you just assuming it? Did you personally view the evidence and sit through the trial, or are you just basing your opinion off what you read on the internet?

Was he found guilty in a court of law? Do you not agree with the principle of "innocent until proven guilty"?

Quoted:

Noone's saying Lewis was innocent of all crimes. But he wasn't proven guilty of murder. There's a big difference. The burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove guilt, and they didn't do that. They didn't even attempt to do that. Lewis was not found guilty and his protection under the US Constitution is the same as yours. It's a pretty neat document, you should read it some time.....

You're wasting your breath. The  ever-informed, always-thoughtfully conducted Arfcom Witch Tribunal has spoken and has pronounced judgement. So let it be written, so let it be done. Guilty parties will be found hanging from the faggot-tree in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 2:14:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Haters gonna hate.

Murderers gonna murder.

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 2:17:15 PM EDT
[#48]
First off, he was not acquitted. His lawyers helped him to plead to a lesser (way lesser) charge.

Second, I am not asking if he should be in jail or not. I am asking should he be held up as a hero, like so many do.  

I have my answer, but obviously others disagree.  I am curious if it is because due process was served and he deserves to move on with his life? Do we buy into his PR show of leadership and religion? Do we truly have such a short memory that involvement in a murder is so easily forgotten? Or, are we so blinded by the entertainment he provides as a very talented football player?

Personally, I am disgusted at the adoration poured on him, including a possible gig with ESPN.  Count me out on that.
Link Posted: 1/6/2013 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So, some lameass weak fucking putrid attempt at calling us racists, huh.

Why don't you just fucking come out and say it.

Link Posted: 1/6/2013 2:17:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Haters gonna hate.

Murderers gonna murder.

What were you doing at the same club when all of this happened?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top