Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2016 2:48:16 PM EST
I had my window replaced in my sedan yesterday. It took about an hour but when I drove away I could hear the windshield moving as I hit small bumps or small cracks in the asphalt with normal driving. I figured because the glue was so brand-new but that noise is still there this morning which was 16 hours after installation. Is this normal? It sounds like there's sand in between the frame and the glass.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:56:07 PM EST
Originally Posted By Eroic:
I had my window replaced in my sedan yesterday. It took about an hour but when I drove away I could hear the windshield moving as I hit small bumps or small cracks in the asphalt with normal driving. I figured because the glue was so brand-new but that noise is still there this morning which was 16 hours after installation. Is this normal? It sounds like there's sand in between the frame and the glass.
View Quote

No. Either the molding isn't fit properly, or the windshield was decked improperly.

<---- Auto industry
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 2:58:03 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
No. Either the molding isn't fit properly, or the windshield was decked improperly.

<---- Auto industry
View Quote

Agreement.

Something isn't right and needs to be fixed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:00:20 PM EST
Who did the work?

Big local company, Safelite, or some bro?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 6:58:14 PM EST
Not normal. Contact the company that replaced it ASAP,
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:00:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By Eroic:
View Quote
Contact the company who installed your windshield. That isn't normal.
Top Top