Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2016 3:48:16 PM EDT
I had my window replaced in my sedan yesterday. It took about an hour but when I drove away I could hear the windshield moving as I hit small bumps or small cracks in the asphalt with normal driving. I figured because the glue was so brand-new but that noise is still there this morning which was 16 hours after installation.  Is this normal?  It sounds like there's sand in between the frame and the glass.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I had my window replaced in my sedan yesterday. It took about an hour but when I drove away I could hear the windshield moving as I hit small bumps or small cracks in the asphalt with normal driving. I figured because the glue was so brand-new but that noise is still there this morning which was 16 hours after installation.  Is this normal?  It sounds like there's sand in between the frame and the glass.
View Quote

No. Either the molding isn't fit properly, or the windshield was decked improperly.

<---- Auto industry
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No. Either the molding isn't fit properly, or the windshield was decked improperly.

<---- Auto industry
View Quote

Agreement.

Something isn't right and needs to be fixed.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 4:00:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Who did the work?

Big local company, Safelite, or some bro?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 7:58:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Not normal. Contact the company that replaced it ASAP,
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Contact the company who installed your windshield. That isn't normal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top