1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 11/19/2012 4:05:55 PM EST
Damn, this looks like it would be fun:

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:06:31 PM EST
is this mexico?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:06:57 PM EST
That does look like fun.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:15:04 PM EST
I used to have two lab-beagle mix dogs that I would take through the field by the house and hunt mice, shrews, and whatever else they could find.

They got really good at it!

Fun times indeed.

Unfortunately I just lost the last one the first of this month.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:19:49 PM EST
Those pups are having a blast!
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:22:12 PM EST
Reminds me of my toy fox terrier we had as a kid, she loved fall/winter time when it came to getting wood off the wood pile. She was a viscous bitch that would kill anything.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:31:18 PM EST
Growing up, my brother and I had to split and stack firewood daily. Our trusty black lab, TJ, would pounce on every field mouse we uncovered, and just chomp it about 4 times, drop it, and wait for the next one.
Great video, thanks for posting it, op.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:55:30 PM EST
Good times! You know that's a blast. Watching dogs hunt is every bit as fun as hunting myself.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:06:17 PM EST
Crazy how a dog can be just blah until he finds the environment he was bred for and his DNA activates. I had a Yorkshire that was a shaggy indoor wuss dog until he saw something smaller than him. Lizards, scorpions, birds, everything was on his shit list. Worthless to massacre in seconds. Same with the lab I had growing up, lazy around the house but I swear she could smell the lake before she could see it and was always the first one in.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:19:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:27:33 PM EST
Originally Posted By HogJaws:
Crazy how a dog can be just blah until he finds the environment he was bred for and his DNA activates. I had a Yorkshire that was a shaggy indoor wuss dog until he saw something smaller than him. Lizards, scorpions, birds, everything was on his shit list. Worthless to massacre in seconds. Same with the lab I had growing up, lazy around the house but I swear she could smell the lake before she could see it and was always the first one in.

what activates a pit-bull's DNA to go bat-shit insane?
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:30:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/19/2012 5:32:22 PM EST by MonkTx]

Originally Posted By DanTSX:

Breathing.

ETA: To be fair, I've never seen one go insane, just decide to bite something and never let go. I think it's a game to them, even while you are poking an eight inch knife into their sides.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:31:12 PM EST
Knew a dude who raised Jack Russells solely for that sport, which is bigger than you might imagine.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:32:58 PM EST

The gentle smell of a wee lad or lass. Toddlers are especially odiferous.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:37:42 PM EST
It is fun to watch the dogs work but I have to wonder how long it's been since those sheds had all that mud & manure mucked out of 'em.

That was a lot of cow shit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:42:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By MonkTx:

Breathing.

ETA: To be fair, I've never seen one go insane, just decide to bite something and never let go. I think it's a game to them, even while you are poking an eight inch knife into their sides.

I play that game with 16 +P hollowpoints.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:49:59 PM EST
They're probably have less rats if they cleaned out the manure and debris the rodents are living in. I'm doing just that on a property I just bought. The mice and rats are not happy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:59:02 PM EST
I have two rat terriers. Thats exactly what they look like then they find some rats or small vermin.
Top Top