Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2003 11:39:07 AM EDT
So what's the deal with this? I've noticed a marked increase in negative topics regarding transactions with a few AR15.com folks lately.

This site has gone for a long time with just the occasional bad situation but mostly good dealings between members. However, it seems like there's a bunch of (even longtime) ar15.com members who have taken a serious nosedive lately.

If you guys can't deal honestly, in a forthright, ethical fashion, and conduct business promptly with a level of service... then why are you even bothering? One bad deal with someone without some drastic reasoning behind the circumstance will keep me from bidding on ANYTHING on ANY website. I will not do business with anyone with less than a 99.99999% track record. Why bother?

You only shoot yourself in the foot when you do this kind of crap. The internet gun community is tighter than you would think, and you might get away with it a few times, but after that, you're done for.

Get you acts together, and if you are even remotely thinking about doing a deal, do it right or don't do it at all.

Am I wrong for thinking this?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You are absolutely correct in thinking this. A man's word should mean something. Honor means something.

FWIW, I just had my second of two bad experiences with Sableco. Everyone raves about them but I am twice displeased. Done with them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:02:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I've done a couple EE deals here with total strangers, assuming our common camradre of gun ownership will make the deals go honest, and have been lucky.  I would hope this could continue.

Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I've done several deals without a hitch.  I recently traded 5 Colt 20 rounders for 5 30 rounders; when the guy I traded with got mine, he said one of the feed lips was cracked and broke when he tried to disasemble the mag.  I sent one of his back, and he sent back the broken mag.  No harm, no foul; I did not catch the crack when I sent them, and it was an honest mistake.

I paid the shipping, and all went well.  No sense to do otherwise.

In fact, I had a guy offer me a much better trade, but I had already accepted the 1 for 1 offer, so I had to turn him down.

If you use honesty, you will get honesty in return (most of the time... if not...  [kill]  )
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I've done some trading on here too and I have been happy, lucky and treated with honesty and integrity. I have done the same with a sale of a Bushy a couple years ago - even showing the guy where the gas key needed restaked since it was loose.

It is just disheartening to read about longtime members who I would consider 'fixtures' around here engaging in questionable practices.

We're better than this.

[:(]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:30:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've done some trading on here too and I have been happy, lucky and treated with honesty and integrity. I have done the same with a sale of a Bushy a couple years ago - even showing the guy where the gas key needed restaked since it was loose.

It is just disheartening to read about longtime members who I would consider 'fixtures' around here engaging in questionable practices.

We're better than this.

[:(]
View Quote

WTH are you talking about ben???
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 3:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So what's the deal with this? I've noticed a marked increase in negative topics regarding transactions with a few AR15.com folks lately.

This site has gone for a long time with just the occasional bad situation but mostly good dealings between members. However, it seems like there's a bunch of (even longtime) ar15.com members who have taken a serious nosedive lately.

If you guys can't deal honestly, in a forthright, ethical fashion, and conduct business promptly with a level of service... then why are you even bothering? One bad deal with someone without some drastic reasoning behind the circumstance will keep me from bidding on ANYTHING on ANY website. I will not do business with anyone with less than a 99.99999% track record. Why bother?

You only shoot yourself in the foot when you do this kind of crap. The internet gun community is tighter than you would think, and you might get away with it a few times, but after that, you're done for.

Get you acts together, and if you are even remotely thinking about doing a deal, do it right or don't do it at all.

Am I wrong for thinking this?
View Quote

Amen!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top