Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2004 7:03:30 PM EDT
I've been doing a little rapid firing lately and I'm just wondering if the the "expert" shooters have any tips... I don't know if it matters b ut I'm using a Magtech 7022, a long rifle... Well what do you have?

-FOX-
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Once I aqquire the target i focus on the horizon from the muzzle and deal with the muzzle climb that way.  It's easier for me at least versus staying focused on target downrange.  I am sure I will get a flame or 2 for this method.  But after about the 2nd round (Vector UZI 9mm) Muzzle climb starts to take off...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm shooting with a scope so I can't see the muzzle....
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#3]
ohh my bad...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Always remember to re-aquire the front sight after every shot.

ETA: I'm not an expert.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Once again... I'm using a scope.

3x32 and 50yrds...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
50 yards is pretty deep for a bb gun. keep in mind that bb drop will be significant at that range. you're going to have to hold a little high and apply the ole' kentucky windage technique. furthermore, bbs rapidly lose velocity after they leave the muzzle so wind conditions are going to play a large role as well. lick your finger and hold it up in the air to see what direction the wind is blowing. always wear goggles, bbs will put an eye out.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

3x32 and 50yrds...

Re-aquire the target then, but always re-aim the weapon after every shot. Even if its just a single shot. Practice shooting single shots but re-aquiring the target each time without shooting.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

3x32 and 50yrds...

Why are you bothering with a scope at 50 yards and rapid fire? Either you are  trying trying for precision fire ( scope, in which case you don't need to maximize rounds) or trying to maximize rounds on target, for which you do not need a scope for at that distance. Unless you are talking NODS for night fire, but you don't say that you are.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:41:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
50 yards is pretty deep for a bb gun. keep in mind that bb drop will be significant at that range. you're going to have to hold a little high and apply the ole' kentucky windage technique. furthermore, bbs rapidly lose velocity after they leave the muzzle so wind conditions are going to play a large role as well. lick your finger and hold it up in the air to see what direction the wind is blowing. always wear goggles, bbs will put an eye out.

SH, why o you want to start shit? I'm too tired for this. Fly on over here to NC and I will teach you a thing or two.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#10]
ETA: N/M
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

3x32 and 50yrds...

Why are you bothering with a scope at 50 yards and rapid fire? Either you are  trying trying for precision fire ( scope, in which case you don't need to maximize rounds) or trying to maximize rounds on target, for which you do not need a scope for at that distance. Unless you are talking NODS for night fire, but you don't say that you are.

I use my .22 for squirrel hunting and precision shooting  so I have a scope. Rapid fire is for dueling my bro with a dueling post and for fun...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I use my .22 for squirrel hunting and precision shooting  so I have a scope. Rapid fire is for dueling my bro with a dueling post and for fun...

A .22? I missed that. You shouldn't even have enough recoil to take your sights off target then.I thought you were shooting a centerfire.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SH, why o you want to start shit? I'm too tired for this. Fly on over here to NC and I will teach you a thing or two.

what are you talking about? i thought i provided some helpful tips.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A .22? I missed that. You shouldn't even have enough recoil to take your sights off target then.I thought you were shooting a centerfire.

Soon, soon  I will have a black rifle...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:48:06 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

what are you talking about? i thought i provided some helpful tips.

No, you were trying to stirr up shit you are a .
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:58:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:08:10 AM EDT
[#17]
I was shooting my friends AR and I was using the mouth on the charg handle thing and that was pretty good for off hand...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:22:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:34:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Practice. .22 ammo is cheap. Recoil is virtually nonexistent... How large are you? With a shoulder stock a .22 should barely move.

Do you flinch or have an aversion to loud(ish) noises? Are you shooting with earplugs (minimum) in?

Without knowing more about you nobody can help. First up, dryfire. Second up, have someone load the rifle for you, say 10 times with your back turned so you don't know if they put a live or spent round in the chamber. If you jump when the hammer drops and it's empty, you are flinching. Easily correctable.

You should have these things worked out before you progress to the 5.56 or larger caliber. You can't miss fast enough.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:39:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was shooting my friends AR and I was using the mouth on the charg handle thing and that was pretty good for off hand...

It's suppose to be the tip of your nose just off the charging handle.

Suppose your friend has some sort of scope hung off the top of a carry handle so theres about 5" between the barrel and scope centerline. If seen lots of people shoot fast and it comes down to practice. Bullets only go where the front sight puts them. At 50 feet yards with a .22 there shouldn't be a problem hitting a target pretty quickly. Missing pretty quickly is bad.

He has a scope so its a little higher that is why is the mouth not the nose.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:41:46 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Practice. .22 ammo is cheap. Recoil is virtually nonexistent... How large are you? With a shoulder stock a .22 should barely move.

Do you flinch or have an aversion to loud(ish) noises? Are you shooting with earplugs (minimum) in?

Without knowing more about you nobody can help. First up, dryfire. Second up, have someone load the rifle for you, say 10 times with your back turned so you don't know if they put a live or spent round in the chamber. If you jump when the hammer drops and it's empty, you are flinching. Easily correctable. Played that game with 9mm, waiting on TZ to bring revolver down...

You should have these things worked out before you progress to the 5.56 or larger caliber. You can't miss fast enough.

Its not that I miss as much as its I want smaller groups. Between me my bro and my friend we can make 6 in groups of 11 shots each in under 4 sec...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Without knowing more about you nobody can help. First up, dryfire. Second up, have someone load the rifle for you, say 10 times with your back turned so you don't know if they put a live or spent round in the chamber. If you jump when the hammer drops and it's empty, you are flinching. Easily correctable. Played that game with 9mm, waiting on TZ to bring revolver down...

Its not that I miss as much as its I want smaller groups. Between me my bro and my friend we can make 6 in groups of 11 shots each in under 4 sec...

At what range? With a scope? Is this offhand, prone, from a bench, what?

m'boy, you need some help. Something's up... either you're flinching, the rifle's shot out or something.

You need to provide details before we can help.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At what range?

um 50 yrds in our backyard...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#24]
File that sear thingy down..........
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:40:54 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

m'boy, you need some help. Something's up... either you're flinching, the rifle's shot out or something.

50yrs with a 3X32 on a magtech 7022. 11 rounds in 4 secounds at a regular piece of paper on a flat benc/railing of my back pourch. What do you need to know? Rifle was brand new when I bougt it, or seemed to be, around 2500 rounds through it all by me. Havent cleaned it in about 300-400 rounds, been meaning to do that. Is a six in group bad?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Run out of your house a 2 am naked with your AR15 and a loaded 30 round magazine.
Lock that mag in place and commence to a-firin!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:41:43 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
File that sear thingy down..........

My gun could take the speed, sucks I can't file it down or mil another...
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

50yrs with a 3X32 on a magtech 7022. 11 rounds in 4 secounds at a regular piece of paper on a flat benc/railing of my back pourch. What do you need to know? Rifle was brand new when I bougt it, or seemed to be, around 2500 rounds through it all by me. Havent cleaned it in about 300-400 rounds, been meaning to do that. Is a six in group bad?

Uh, sounds like you just want to play tactical spray and pray. That's cool for fun, just keep in mind that when you get a larger caliber rifle that shoots much farther, that you'll want to tighten that up a bit. How well do you do slow fire? That's what you should be concentrating on at first. If you can put ten into a group, say, 2-3" across (don't know the accuracy capability of the scope/rifle combo) then you're doing well. I personally would go for ten into 1-1.5" with a couple of flyers, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 9:28:20 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Uh, sounds like you just want to play tactical spray and pray. That's cool for fun, just keep in mind that when you get a larger caliber rifle that shoots much farther, that you'll want to tighten that up a bit. How well do you do slow fire? That's what you should be concentrating on at first. If you can put ten into a group, say, 2-3" across (don't know the accuracy capability of the scope/rifle combo) then you're doing well. I personally would go for ten into 1-1.5" with a couple of flyers, but that's just me.

Yeah just for fun and a little hunting game were cooking up...

The other day I was making 1" group. Thought I had miss but then a saw a oblong hole. Keep in mind I'm using crappy Federal ammo, I'm saving my CCIs for squirrel season.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top