Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 1:15:32 PM EDT
Anybody else here besides me like the band REM? Sure, they're liberals, and played at a de-elect Bush concert, but I still can listen to their music and enjoy it.

Currently listening to the In Time album. It's got some of their best works on it. E-Bow the Letter just started playing. Definitely sounds like they were drugged when they wrote this one. "I wrap my hand in plastic to try to look through it," "Aluminum, the taste of fear," "Look up, what do you see? All of you and all of me, fluorescent and starry, some of them, they surprise."

Poll to come.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:20:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The lead singer is a butt dart player.

Whiney music for a whiney generation.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I thought he was bang Wynonna Ryder.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought he was bang Wynonna Ryder.

Have you heard of the term, "beard?"
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
their music sucks almost as bad as their political beliefs
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:08:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is Stipe's boyfriend. Some fag named Morrissy.

Q: Your relationship with Michael Stipe seemed very promising at one stage.

A: Promising?! What did you think we were going to do? Become a Millican And Nesbitt? But, yes. The temperament is the same, the sense of rationale is the same.

Q: Do you think you'll "make music" with him?

A:  (Laughs, raises eyebrows) I can't think of any reason why! No, the whole joy about the friendship is that music doesn't ever come into it. We don't ever talk about R.E.M. or whatever it is I do. There are other things to discuss.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
They were better when they mumbled a lot.

last good album was "Automatic for the People", been a fast slide downhill ever since.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:22:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Overrated.  Their best song was "What's the Frequency Kenneth" because it reminds me of Dan Rather getting pummeled by a guy wearing a tin foil hat.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#9]
"That was just a dream, that was just a dream, thats me in the corner , thats me in the spot....light. I think I thought I saw " Me , me , me , I , I, I. what a conseded ..... what are we talking about again?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top