Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2004 11:37:34 AM EDT
I just got done stemming the bleeding from my nose, but my tooth is still chipped.

We have a back room where three engineers sit. It also happens to house the printers and plotters.
Normaly, the door is open, or if it is closed, it is never locked. Everybody is in a habit of opening the door as we are walking...ie not stopping to open the door and then walk thru...but timing it so we swing the door open as our forward momentum carries us thru it.

Well just a little while ago, I printed off a report and was waslking somewhat briskly towards the back room. As normal, I reached out and grabbed the doorknob and gave it a twist to open the door.
I had exactly 0.002 seconds of "OH SHIT" before my face slammed hard into the solid oak door. I just managed to move to the side enough to prevent my face from smashing thru the glass window in the door.

To say I was pissed is an understatement. The fuckers in the back room were laughing like it was a friggin joke...until my nose started gushing. I now have a sore nose, a chipped canine tooth, I'm sure there will be a bruise on my right cheek bone, and one hell of a headache.
All because they thought it would be funny to see what happens if they locked the door. (I'm sure this is what they thought would happen, but not so bloody)

Anyway, I just wanted to vent and I thank you for your support.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah..I guess it is funny now that I am cooled off. I guess my pride was the most hurt.

I warned the three that paybacks are a bitch. And now they are genuinely scared!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#5]
A practical joke like this is usualy indicative of predictable behaviour on your part.

Sounds like your pride is hurt more than you are but still a chipped tooth is not a laughing matter.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing I hate more than workplace jokers.

If I wanted to laugh at work, I would have went into stand-up comedy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Workplace humor is helpful to get you through the day, but you do have to draw a line, especially if someone is going to get hurt. Except for the chipped tooth, that is a funny story. I work in a wherehouse, it never gets old hiding in a large box and having a co-worker call someone over and say "wow look at this huge ass spider" they come running over and BAMM, and scare the livivng shit out of them. Did you face look like this afer you slammed it in the door sorry, I had too
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:31:00 AM EDT
[#10]
UPDATE***

Karma is indeed a bitch!

One of the engineers that pulled this stunt wound up being taken to the hospital yesterday....BY ME!

He has in inner ear disorder that can affect his equilibrium. He hasn't had a problem in over 4 years, but yesterday at about 3:30, he had a dizzy spell that dropped him to his knees. Another engineer saw this happen and was smart enough to ask him if he was ok. Those two came back into the office and called me (First Responder) back into the back room.

After asking all the usual questions, and having him lie down. I called the hospital and talked to his Dr. He said 'Bring him in".

So me and another FR got him in a car and went roaring off to the hospital. Dr said he wanted him there overnight for observation. "Ken" (not his real name) was queasy and throwing up, not able to stand by himself, and burning hot. For the life of me, I can't remember the name of the disorder he has....but Ken said stress can set it off. And that we have no shortage of.

Anyway, I just wanted you all to know I no longer feel ill will towards him, and yes, he did say he was sorry.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:34:11 AM EDT
[#11]
[Nelson]  HA HA !!![/Nelson]

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:44:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:52:08 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
icy hot
toilet seats

let your mind wander

All fine and dandy...but it is a shared toilet. My luck, my boss would sit down for his BM and get what was designed for the other two knuckle-headed mouth-breathers. They will get their just desserts.
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 5:57:03 AM EDT
[#14]
super glue

door locks

ponder that one as well
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Completely wrap their cars with your bumper stickers - that'll teach'em
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top