Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2002 5:54:12 PM EDT
Since I might be moving back this year, does anybody know if there are any handgun ranges near Ann Arbor?  The range locator says there's a place out in Ypsilanti - anybody have experience with this place?

And any rifle ranges that don't get bent out of shape about AR/AK/FALs?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Ha!, You're moving to liberal Hell and are still trying to find a place to shoot >>[b]GUNS??[/b]<< [;)]

Actually there are some ranges out that way(at least there were a few years ago!), I'm sure someone will know better than I....But if not, drop Me a line...We (Michigan shooters) do a get together every once in a while.

Welcome back (maybe) to Our little bit-O-Hell!

Tall Shadow

{edited cause' I'm A Bonehead....Sometimes!)
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:13:44 PM EDT
[#2]
hmm....Washtenaw Sportsman's Club is right nearby (i think it's the ypsi one youre talking about)  It's decent.  has a 1-600 yard range and i've shot a handful of service rifle matches there.  i don't think you can use anything past 100 yards without going through a bunch of bs but i'm not a member so i don't know for sure.  The other nearby one is Western Wayne gun club, near Plymouth i believe.  not more than 1/2 hour from a2.
Howell, Linden, Detroit Sportsmens... there's a few around.  
edited because i have fits of dyslexia some days....lol  
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
If you come east far enough, there is a new range in Westland, [url=http://www.firinglineguns.com/]The Firing Line[/url]. Real nice indoor place owned by 4 Westland cops. Very clean.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:00:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody know how difficult/expensive it is to get a membership in the Ypsi club?  Or the Plymouth club, for that matter. (Or anything in Brighton or Chelsea?)  Where I'm living, I already have to drive 30min to my rifle range, so anything within a half-hour would be reasonable.

And who would I have to register my handguns with - Ann Arbor PD or Washtenaw County Sheriff Dept?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/1/2002 7:59:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey man...

I hope you make it back to AA, then I'll have someone to shoot with!  Anyways, here is the score--

Ann Arbor / Detroit Ranges

1.  In Dexter (VERY close to AA) there is Mill Creek Sports.  They have a new indoor handgun only range.  The only downside is you have to purchase ammo from them (WinClean ONLY), 9mm for example, runs about $10/box -- so not a total ripoff.  Great people.

The rest of the places around AA (like the 'Sportsman' club in Ypsi) are either a hassle to get into, or look down on your use of a Black Rifle.

If you want to shoot your toy, either buy land or drive out to 696 and Dequindre.  There is a place called DoubleAction that lets you shoot your rifle indoors (25M).  Nice, but the range officers can be A******S.  They 'encourage' you to buy their ammo, but you don't have to.  They will NOT allow Wolf ammo or 7.62 X 39.  No AK, etc.

If you need more info, send me an e-mail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top