Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 12:43:08 PM EDT

I have the honor of getting to train two young men that have enlisted in the military on my AR15. One Army, the other a Marine. I figure this is my chance to give something to the war effort and also be able to give these two young men an edge when they go to basic training. They both signed up for the sand box, so maybe it will help out some there too.

I need info on what distances the Army and Marine Corp zero their weapons now. When I went through basic (Army) it was 25 meters. I want to teach them how to zero the weapon correctly. So when they hit the qualification range, the last thing they will have to worry about is their weapon. They are both already excellent shooters and avid hunters. So all I have to worry about is teaching them about the weapon itself, bullet fragmentation ranges and trajectory.  I have set aside 1000rds apiece for these guys to train with and have access to a 500yd range.

You know, I think I am going to enjoy this more than these young men might.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top