Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2006 8:19:26 PM EDT
Thanks everyone for the great advice in my earlier thread.

On the advice of someone in the NY/NJ forum we went to Classic Pistol in PA.  Nice place, with nice people working there.  The backstop seems to be a big pile of sand or gravel,  apparently good for rifle rounds, as there was a guy booming away with what looked like a big .30 bolt gun in the next lane.

We started off with a .22 revolver, as the .22 auto rental gun was in service with someone else.  We went through 100 rounds with it, and then picked up the .22 auto and headed back out.  She really liked the .22 auto (some kind of Ruger) as it fit her hands well and was easier to shoot than the revolver.  She started shooting some pretty good groups with it.  After we used up another 100 rounds, we checked out a Sig 2022 9mm.

The Sig was an interesting beast.  It was a little too big for her but she enjoyed shooting it.  She thought the recoil was strong compared to the .22, but said it was a good stress relief because it felt like you were really blasting away.  It fit me perfectly though, pretty comfortable to fire, though I felt a sting in my trigger finger on a few shots.  That said, neither of us could hit shit with it.  We were both all over the paper with it.

By the time we used up the ammo for the Sig, it was getting late.  Time to break out the big guns: Classic Pistol has a couple of SMGs for rent too.  Unfortunately some people who had gotten there before us had gotten the MP5-SD all dirty, and it was being disassembled and cleaned.  They did however have the Tommy Gun ready to go.

That thing is a hoot to fire but the ergonomics are terrible.  After I blew through two mags she wanted to try it out, but wasn't able to comfortably shoulder it and reach the forward grip, so I had to finish up the ammo.  Hopefully we'll get a chance to go again and the MP-5 will be available.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
No pics?

IBN_T

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:22:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Second date? Ive never had a women turn me down to s second date when our first was shooting.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No pics?

IBN_T

I tried to take some but I didn't use the flash so as not to disturb others and they came out like poop.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Useless...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No pics?

IBN_T

I tried to take some but I didn't use the flash so as not to disturb others and they came out like poop.

Poop?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Range Report.  Poop.  Pics.

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:14:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No pics?

IBN_T

Poop?  

Yeah they're all dark and grainy.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:02:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No pics?

IBN_T

Poop?  

Oh, that type of poop - got it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:35:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Needs Pics!
Oh and IBN_T
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#10]
No pics?
WTF?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:45:59 AM EDT
[#11]
no pics = not worth posting
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:47:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No pics?

IBN_T

Poop?  

Oh, that type of poop - got it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top