Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 4:21:30 PM EDT
I was described as making fun of Chuck Norris by adding a little blurb to the bottom of a post. I don't feel like I or anyone else is actually making fun of Mr. Norris by making up questionable and nigh impossible little facts about him.

I propose that it's the Internet generation's version of a tall tale or fable. We use the Internet and technology to spread stories about our heroes or average Joes become heroes because stories or pictures that get spread, i.e. Lootie, Chuck Norris, the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

It is akin to the fables and tall tales created about Pecos Bill, Paul Bunyan, and John Henry among others. It took generations to spread their tales because of the low literacy rate amongst the listeners and tellers. It was spread orally until it could get to a printing press and then they were spread exponentially.

I think that saying,"Chuck Norris's tears cure cancer" is akin to saying that "Washington threw a dollar across the Potomac." Washington was probably as bemused about his living legend status as much as Mr. Norris is.

Now we can spread the saying,"Wittzo is an asshat" and I will be proud.

Thank you

Wittzo
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#1]
who is this "chuck norris" you speak of, earth-man?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top