Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 11:00:24 AM EDT
http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/usher%20urges%20americas%20youth%20to%20come%20together%20+%20ignore%20kanye

R+B hunk USHER is the latest star to attack KANYE WEST over comments he made at an all-star Hurricane Katrina fundraiser a week ago (02SEP05).

The YEAH! singer claims the rapper was wrong to point the finger of blame at President GEORGE W BUSH, who he accused of being a racist, during the telethon.

And the R+B star, who will be among performers appearing on an MTV telethon tonight (10SEP05), states, "I wasn't mad at Kanye's statement - that's his opinion - but it's obviously not the opportunity or the time to poke fun or appoint blame.

"This is an opportunity where we all need to come together - musicians, actors, politicians - and help the (American) Gulf region."

Usher is grateful that none of his family members live near the disaster zones in southeast America - but he feels like he's lost the musical heritage of New Orleans, Louisiana, which was left devastated by the tragedy.

He explains, "The music that we listen to every day... was founded in New Orleans... This city is basically gone, the history of it has gone."

10/09/2005 18:00
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:03:24 AM EDT
[#1]
A movie theater usher is a rap star?

Who'da thunk that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#2]
No offense to the poster, but...

Why should I care what either one of you thinks?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I was posting to show that Kanye west was being called for what he said.  If you don't care what I think, that's your perogative.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"I wasn't mad at Kanye's statement - that's his opinion - but it's obviously not the opportunity or the time to poke fun or appoint blame."

Exactly right. The statement (aside from showing a complete lack of brains) showed absolutely ZERO class.

You wanna talk shit about the President? Do it on your own time, but not during a fundraiser for people who are suffering and for whom you claim to care.

Thing is, this is about face time for this asshole. I bet he hasn't contributed much to the plight of the poor oppressed folk in NO.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmm..

Q: If Bush "does not like black ppl" why are there more black ppl & minorities in his addministration than any other, including the Dems 'golden cow' Clinton's?

Q: Why is the third in command of this country a black woman, if Bush is a racisit?

A: West is a racist, and his racisit beliefs have been encouraged by the far left, and "his people,"

A: The Dems are keeping the blacks down by enabling there poverty through the dependency through social wellfare.

A: Even though West is wealthy, he is still uneducated, and now his ignorance, and renforced racisism gets play on TV.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was posting to show that Kanye west was being called for what he said.  If you don't care what I think, that's your perogative.

I wasn't aiming that comment at you, I was aiming it at the "super-stars" the article referenced.  You know, the ones who do nothing productive with themselves...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Even though West is wealthy, he is still uneducated, and now his ignorance, and renforced racisism gets play on TV.

Well, his album is called College Dropout.  

No offense to those who quit college for whatever reason, but you know, it's just not right that this dumbass drops out of college and gets rich rapping about how bad white people suck.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#9]
It's about time someone spoke out and stopped coddling Kanye West. That idiot cost the fund raising effort a lot of money with his stupid DUh taking points. There were people which donated to the show but once they saw Kanye mouth off they immediately called back to complain and some actually cancelled their dontations. You don't bite the hands that feeds you.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's about time someone spoke out and stopped coddling Kanye West. That idiot cost the fund raising effort a lot of money with his stupid DUh taking points. There were people which donated to the show but once they saw Kanye mouth off they immediately called back to complain and some actually cancelled their dontations. You don't bite the hands that feeds you.

Yep, Kanye West should step up to the plate like the Democrap that he is and make up the shortfall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top