Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/8/2006 4:07:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 4:32:08 PM EST by 96Ag]
I'm hoping someone with some experience here can help me with a question. My friend and I are looking at putting together a development plan for a golf course community. He has been building homes since college and I have built two golf courses since college. We think we have a pretty good plan as far as target audience and competition. But my question is this now that we have a plan, who do you go to for financing and investing? I believe the requirements are too large for an SBA.

Any investment banker or development experience would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:23:58 PM EST
If you have a strong plan and enough cash, any bank with a decent commercial lending department will consider your idea. If you are looking to raise cash through stock or equity sales, then it's a lot trickier as there are many rules to follow to stay out of trouble. Depending on the amount of money you need, you might have to register with the securities division of your state.

Soliciting investments from people other than close friends and family can get you in a lot of trouble fast. Call your state securities office and tell them what you want to do and see what their rules are.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:00:17 AM EST

Top Top