BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 6:50:20 PM EDT
Email I sent to a local radio station. Jock just pissed me off tonight:

September 16, 2004

Alan Chartrand, Sales Manager
WKLB

Dear Mr. Chartrand,

I have been a loyal listener of your station for many years, and even a V.I.P. Club member. That is, until tonight. For a long time, it has been my policy that every time a Dixie Chicks song is played on any station, I turn the dial. I feel that comments made by Natalie Maines about our country and our president, while entirely within her right to say, offended me and my beliefs. Tonight, for the first time, I decided to call the station and voice my opinion. I was completely appalled by the response by the person answering the phone (I believe it was Keith Stephens, but since he did not identify himself, I can not be sure. It was approximately 10:00 PM if you want to check your employee records.).
I stated that I was a loyal listener, and a V.I.P. member, but that as long as the Dixie Chicks were played, I would turn the dial. His response was, “Whatever, that’s so old news.”. I’m sorry, but if you and/or your radio personalities feel that patriotism is no longer fashionable, I will consider your station to be no longer fashionable. I can just as easily listen to 98.1 WCTK. Additionally, I will contact some of your advertisers (Wayne’s Western World comes to mind, they are right near me), and let them know that you have alienated someone who fits their demographic target audience.
I am hoping this is an isolated incident, by a specific employee, and not the policy of your station. I look forward to hearing from you in response to this. Thank you.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh...I hate to break it to you, but the whole Dixie Chicks thing IS old news...
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#2]
So is Dan Rather
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, they are old news. Still dont listen to them cause my delete memory button hasent worked in years
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top