Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/13/2002 10:11:57 AM EDT
"Reverse" racism that is...what if white men were doing this???What would the media do?

The NAACP will begin posting "border patrols" at various entryways into South Carolina within 30 days urging tourists not to stop in the Palmetto State, the civil rights group said Saturday.
"The border patrol is our way of standing at the Georgia and North Carolina borders (and asking) that you not stop, not stay in hotels, and don't buy gas" in South Carolina, said Nelson B. Rivers III, NAACP national field director. "Or better still, that you turn around."

The initiative is part of a plan the group unveiled Saturday to turn up the heat on state leaders in 2002 to completely remove the Confederate flag from the State House grounds.

Tourism officials reached Saturday expressed concern the action could hurt the state's economy, already laboring through a recession.

Rivers said the group will hold a third annual rally at the State House on Jan. 21, in part to protest the flag. The NAACP also will launch a national campaign that uses billboards, flyers, bumper stickers and television to discourage tourism in the state.

South Carolina has been the target of economic sanctions against tourism - at $9 billion a year, the state's largest industry - since 1999. Then, the NAACP began increasing pressure on the Legislature to take the Confederate emblem off the State House.

In what they said was a compromise, lawmakers removed the flag from the atop the State House, and from the Senate and House chambers in July 2000. At the same time, however, they raised a Confederate flag on a pole on the State House's front lawn.

In 1999-2000, tourism officials said the sanctions cost Columbia, Charleston, Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head $10 million in lost revenues. Since the compromise, the impact of the sanctions has waned, those officials have said.

I'm still in shock..
[b][blue[NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#1]
and more....unreal.

In explaining the border patrols, Rivers said NAACP personnel periodically would be stationed at various South Carolina entrances, "with protection," to let travelers know that sanctions are still in place.

Rivers said he will spread the message that economic sanctions are still in place against South Carolina as he delivers speeches across the country over the next 45 days about black history.

"The NAACP has made up its mind," Rivers said at a monthly meeting of the state NAACP in Columbia. "We will not stop until the Confederate flag has been put where it should be - out of sight, out of mind."

The NAACP also has been urging athletes and entertainers to avoid coming to South Carolina. The group said it will continue that effort with fresh energy this year and in years to come.

State NAACP head James Gallman called on national religious leaders, meeting planners, performers, artists, athletes and others to avoid South Carolina. He also asked S.C. residents to honor the boycott by taking their vacations outside the state

And please tell me...if a group of white men stopped people from going into a state, it would be illegal?

This is sooo sick,
[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I think that today I will drive over the Talmadge bridge in Savannah just to see if they are there with "protection", just so I can express my view of their border patrol.  I think that South Carolina should station State Troopers wherever they are just to insure that no one is hassled.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:30:54 AM EDT
[#3]
These people that want the Stars and Bars to be taken down need a serious history lesson. The confederate flag has nothing to do with racism.  The war was over the Federal government, not slavery.

Many people ,however, associate the Stars and Bars with racism and I think its a damn shame.

Another point - aren't there blacks who work in the tourism industry in these states ? Isn't getting people to boycott these states taking food out of their mouths ?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:41:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I see a roadtrip to South Carolina being in the near future.  I intend on spending lots of money inside the state.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 12:08:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Me too Redman. Maybe we can meet up around Spartanburg and burn some cash.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't let things like this bother you. They aren't preventing anyone from entering. This has been going on for some time and they are now getting desperate, as their boycott has been totally ineffective.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Wouldn't it be great if there was some kind of freak snow storm that drove them into S.C. where they were stranded and forced to get a hotel and eat there for a whole week! [}:D]

Excuse me, I've got to go pray now.....
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:52:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Why not just get rid of that asswipe flag then? It represents a Loser Nation far more foul than the Taliban! Abe Lincoln stomped the guts out of that horror Confederacy and gave his life for it. I stood in the Lincoln Memorial and held hands with the Promisekeepers and sang "Amazing Grace" in 1996 while a white dove sat on the statue of Lincoln.I'll give mine.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a friend that lives in SC.  I have been looking for a good excuse to go see him!![beer]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:19:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why not just get rid of that asswipe flag then? It represents a Loser Nation far more foul than the Taliban! Abe Lincoln stomped the guts out of that horror Confederacy and gave his life for it. I stood in the Lincoln Memorial and held hands with the Promisekeepers and sang "Amazing Grace" in 1996 while a white dove sat on the statue of Lincoln.I'll give mine.
View Quote

[whacko] I was gonna say... well never mind, I just wish you were under the Dove just after his last big meal.
States Rights' it's not for everyone.

PS, Just a thought; is Asswipe an acceptable word for a promisekeeper???
[:)>]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Grimshaw,

I am shocked at your snide comments that are unsupported by fact.  The Confederacy more foul than the Taliban?  Could you cite a few comparisons so others can gauge the validity of your assertion?

What you need to examine is what was really lost by ALL Americans because of the Civil War.  Remember, the South was reunited with the North by the sword, which is not exactly a good technique to build good relations.

Other things that were lost:
- military service was made compulsory via conscription.  Ever hear about the Draft Riots?
- habeas corpus suspended, meaning you could be held for an indefinite time w/o appearing before a judge
- executive orders implemented (Clinton was thankful for THAT)
In summary, we now have a Federal government that is no longer accountable to its member states and the people containd therein.  If a state gets out of hand, the legislators and Governor can and will be removed by force and replaced with more "team players" with the precedent set by the Reconstruction.

If the Confederacy was so foul and treasonous, then why wasn't Jefferson Davis charged with treason and tried?  Why was he released after being imprisoned for two years after the war ended without appearing before a judge?

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:53:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Grimshaw, with all due respect, why does a flag flying over the capitol of South Carolina give a man in ARIZONA so much grief?

Don't you think that many "rednecks" (no offense to any RNs out there) wave the flag PRECISELY because of the reaction it gets.

It's kind of like responding to taunts of a bully.  When there is one particular taunt the bully knows will get your goat, THAT is the one he'll use against you the most.

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Grimshaw, are you for real? If so, please don't skip taking your medication again, okay?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I stood in the Lincoln Memorial and held hands with the Promisekeepers and sang "Amazing Grace" in 1996 while a white dove sat on the statue of Lincoln.I'll give mine.
View Quote

Did the bird crap on Lincoln??
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 8:51:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow.

Nice revisionist history you got going there.

The War Of Northern Aggression was about States' Rights primarily. Lincoln made David Duke look like Sharpton when it came to blacks.
Lincoln was a despot. He should've been killed sooner......or later, depends on how one looks at it.  Also, unless I miss my guess, there were more slaves in the North than the South.

Slavery was dying out anyway.

PS: In spite of what they think, Blacks were not the only enslaved race in history. They also were the ones selling their own kind.

Whitey is not the Black man's problem.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Imagine you are a black man, and you are walking down a country road in SC, late at night...

Coming towards you is a Pickup with a big Confederate flag flying in its window, loaded with white men.

Would you think: "Here comes some white gentlemen, who appreciate history, and enjoy exercising their 1st Ammendment rights"?

Or would you be a little scared.

Some of you guys need to show a little empathy.
The Stars and Bars has been adopted by the White Power movement as a symbol.  It's only natural that blacks folks are a tad wary of its display.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Imagine you are a black man, and you are walking down a country road in SC, late at night...

Coming towards you is a Pickup with a big Confederate flag flying in its window, loaded with white men.

Would you think: "Here comes some white gentlemen, who appreciate history, and enjoy exercising their 1st Ammendment rights"?

The Stars and Bars has been adopted by the White Power movement as a symbol.  It's only natural that blacks folks are a tad wary of its display.
View Quote

I would be somewhat concerned even if the pickup didn't have the flag.  Conversely, as a white, I would be concerned if I saw a truck full of blacks coming towards me on that dark country road.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Agreed.
But from the perspective of a black man, the Stars and Bars on that truck MIGHT be a hate symbol, and therefore, a cause of great concern.
([i]might[/i])

IF those black man were flying a symbol that they had adopted as a symbol of anti-white hatred, THEN you should be AS concerned.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:37:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe the black man should have gun to equalize the situation. Hell, I don't walk at night in my neighborhood without something. In my experience, I've seen more minority attacks on whitey than the reverse. I got called a white bitch by a carload of "vatos" once walking down the street minding my own business.

View Quote

The Nazis also adopted the swastica as their logo. But the symbol has been used by various cultures for centuries.

edit to change logo to symbol...
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Jesus fellas!
Do you even know what I mean by empathy?
Stop being so evasive.

I'm not anti-Stars and Bars.

I think you guys need to show a little realism here.

I think it's pretty safe to say that if I saw someone wear a big swastika, that I'd assume that it ain't about ancient Teutonic or Native American cultures.

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Maybe the black man should have gun to equalize the situation. Hell, I don't walk at night in my neighborhood without something. In my experience, I've seen more minority attacks on whitey than the reverse. I got called a white bitch by a carload of "vatos" once walking down the street minding my own business.

View Quote

That has been my experience as well... my black friends have more problems with LEO's from "Driving While Black", but that seems to be less frequent then you might think.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:45:53 AM EDT
[#25]
If you showed up at a Jewish person's house, wearing a giant swastika on your shirt, and tried to claim that it's merely a symbol of your native American culture...
...you'd be a real asshole.

It'd be damned rude and insensitive.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#26]
One Word.........

ROADTRIP![img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/new/911t.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If you showed up at a Jewish person's house, wearing a giant swastika on your shirt, and tried to claim that it's merely a symbol of your native American culture...

View Quote

Yeah, but I was just saying, because the WP guys use the Confederate flag as an emblem, doesn't mean it is a "hate symbol" in and of itself.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#28]
I am a 43 year old white male who owns & loves firearms & am mostly conservative. I was born & grew up in the South & can't really stand the liberal blacks such as Jackson, Sharpton, et al. Having said that, IMO, there's NO, repeat NO place in a state's flag for the Stars & Bars of the Confederacy. You want to fly yours? Fine, do so as a private citizen or re-enactment group. Anyone who doubts that slavery wasn't an integral (not exclusive) part of the reasons for the Civil War must've failed both History 101 & Common Sense 101. Look at the Missouri Compromise if you doubt that. My .02
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 9:56:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

What does that have to do with anything? If some blacks don't like the South Carolina state flag then they don't have to look at it. If they don't like what the entire state of South Carolina stands for, then they are free to stay the hell out. It's all of this nonstop bitching and moaning that pisses me off.

This is racist, that is racist. It really gets old after a while. What if white people started bitching about stuff like that? Why doesn't the History Channel have a "White History Month?".

How about this, I'm an American Indian. I can look around every day and see about a trillion racist things pertaining to indians. I can flip on the tv anytime of the day and find a movie about cowboys killing indians and about how the natives were the bad people for not giving in to every wish of the white man. You want to talk about oppression? Let me tell you about it.

I work with an older black lady and we talk about stuff like this all of the time and she thinks most of it is as stupid as I do.

Bottom line is, nobody is going to get any sympathy/empathy/anythingathy out of me over something as rediculous as this. I'm from the south, I like my flag and if somebody else doesn't....tough shit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Me too Redman. Maybe we can meet up around Spartanburg and burn some cash.
View Quote

Guys -  

If y'all are gonna be in / near Spartanburg, you GOTTA call me. We can go burn a few hundred rounds.

To the rest of the board -

From one of the few people living in South Carolina, most of y'all ONLY know what the media has told ya 'bout South Carolina.

Which is about as accurate as a Tec 9.

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:09:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The Nazis also adopted the swastica as their logo. But the symbol has been used by various cultures for centuries.
View Quote

Interestingly enough, the swastika is hugely used in India as an ancient religious symbol by the Hindus.  It is different from the Nazi swastika in that:
1) The direction of the hook is reversed
2) The symbol is displayed without being partially rotated.

I am not going to draw it, but I think that y'all can figure it out.

Needless to say, I have never seen any guy from India display it in the US, probably for fear of the reaction it would cause.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

What does that have to do with anything? If some blacks don't like the South Carolina state flag then they don't have to look at it. If they don't like what the entire state of South Carolina stands for, then they are free to stay the hell out. It's all of this nonstop bitching and moaning that pisses me off.

Bottom line is, nobody is going to get any sympathy/empathy/anythingathy out of me over something as rediculous as this. I'm from the south, I like my flag and if somebody else doesn't....tough shit.
View Quote

Racism, as the term is bandied about today, has a SINGULAR purpose -

To create within the black community, a non-existent oppressed class that will clamor to the Democrats with votes and money.

In short, racism = Democratic power play.

By validating their terminology, you are aiding that democratic power play.

Most of what is termed "racism" today is nothing more than unnecessary rudeness. Which while I am against, is NOT criminal, and is NOT the business of gov't.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well then you'd better get ready to ban a WHOLE LOT of stuff that some people find fearful or offensive.

Ban the words "police" or "BATF" or "FBI" or "IRS" because so many people have been severely abused and traumatized for so long by folks carrying this word on their car or badge.

Ban American Flag because it flew over Japanese internment camps during WWII.  ("White-Power" groups STILL fly this flag at their meetings).

Also, ban big '74 Cadillacs and '79 Monte Carlos because many gangbangers drive around in these terrorizing innocent people.  Ban Oakland Raider's jackets, ski hats and baggy pants because that's what ghetto gangsta's where when they want to show you some attitude.

and on and on...

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Just a nitpick, but the flag flying at the SC Capital is the Southern Cross (Confederate BATTLE FLAG, and the rectangular version is actually the Confederate Navy Jack) and not the Stars and Bars.

Battle flag:

[img]http://home.att.net/~dcannon.tenn/jack.gif[/img]

Stars and Bars:

[img]http://home.att.net/~dcannon.tenn/SBVicks.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#35]
People of a particular race are just looking for something to cry about.

Doesn't the American Flag have stars and bars?

Oh, those are stripes...I see[rolleyes]

I'm so sick of this "We're mistreated" horsecrap...
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Garandman is right about much of what passes for racism actually being nothing but rudeness.  However, why should rude people have a right to go about offending others at whim?  If you come to my house wearing KKK regalia (they were historically anti-Catholic/Jewish/Italian/Eastern European in the area where I grew up)expect to get a beating at the least.  You most certainly have the right to express yourself by wearing your sheet, I don't need the government to protect me from being offended.

BTW, those who insist that the Civil War is entirely about states rights are as willfully ignoring history as those who insist it was entirely about slavery.  I find slavery abhorrent, and those who insist it would have died out on its own after a while are the worst kind of apologists.  When you are the one wearing chains, does it make your lot any better to hear that slavery will die out on its own in a few generations?
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
However, why should rude people have a right to go about offending others at whim?  
View Quote

Be... cause... this is America???

If I come to your house and I offend you, my bad.

If you come to my house and I offend you... leave!

Why is this such a difficult concept??
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
However, why should rude people have a right to go about offending others at whim?  
View Quote

View Quote

You don't grasp the situation.  Where is your guaranteed right to be rude and have it go unremarked?  Where does the Constitution say that there is a right to uncontested assholery?  I quite clearly stated that I don't need the government to protect me from your rudeness.  On the other hand, you seem to be saying that you need the government to protect you and your rudeness from me, because this is America.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
By validating their terminology, you are aiding that democratic power play.
View Quote

Garandman....I'm not validating anything, I'm calling it all a bunch of bullshit is what I'm doing. Everything I or anybody else does everyday could be twisted around into a racist meaning. Here are some examples:

My hair is kind of curly. I hate curly hair. Blacks have curly hair, therefore I am a racist.

I hate the looks of a lowered Chrystler with wheels that stick out a foot. Some black people like the way that looks, therefore, I am a racist.

A good friend of mine at work is black. He named his daughter something that I can't even pronounce. I told him I thought it was goofy and he should have just named her Mary and we laughed. I am a racist.

All the racisim, hate crime, affirmative action stuff is a bunch of bullshit. If somebody doesn't like you because you are black/white whatever, then don't hang out with them. It's their right not to like you for whatever reason they choose.

If a white person kills a black person they should get the same sentence regardless of the reason. White/black makes no difference, a life is a life.

You want to put affirmative action into play? Then 60% of all basketball teams should be white. There should also be two mexicans, one oriential and a person of middle eastern descent on every bench.

All of this stuff is stupid and it all pisses me off. I don't believe in any of it. How can someone ask for racial equality on one hand then turn around and say that they should be hired for a specific job because they are a certain race? Either America is the great melting pot, or it isn't. Which is it?

None of this is directed solely at blacks or any other race, it's directed at all races. Why can't people just not worry about what everybody else thinks and do their own thing? Instead everyone has to cry and moan about every single little insignificant thing like a bunch of b*tches. It still amazes me how people try to be so politically correct all of the time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

You don't grasp the situation.  Where is your guaranteed right to be rude and have it go unremarked?  Where does the Constitution say that there is a right to uncontested assholery?  I quite clearly stated that I don't need the government to protect me from your rudeness.  On the other hand, you seem to be saying that you need the government to protect you and your rudeness from me, because this is America.
View Quote

I most certainly do grasp the situation.
I just answered your question [b]as you stated it[/b].

Apparently you did not like your original question so you changed it. Now you add the disclaimer:
"Where is your guaranteed right to be rude [b]and have it go unremarked[/b]?"

That changes everything. The answer to your new question is now... "nowhere"!

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#41]
do you guys really think the NAACP is concerned with a racist flag?  its all about gettin your name in the paper and more power.
-bill
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
do you guys really think the NAACP is concerned with a racist flag?  its all about gettin your name in the paper and more power.
-bill
View Quote

Nail on the head Murph...nail on the head.
Good post.
Not a "racist" flag per se, but good post.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Garandman is right about much of what passes for racism actually being nothing but rudeness.  However, why should rude people have a right to go about offending others at whim?  
View Quote

Well, MOSTLY because the terms "rude" and "offensive" are SOOOOOOOOO subjective that you CANNOT legislate away a person's "right" to be rude.

If I tell a child that is wondering if he is gay that homosexuality is a causitive factor for AIDS, am I being offensive?? If I tell him that homosexuality is unScriptural, am I being offensive?? The way I see it, if I tell a person BOTH those things, I am NOT being rude, I have done him / her a HUGE favor, as I am helping them avoid something that WILL kill them, and also avoid the punishment of God. (Anyone who wants to see my Scriptural basis for these opinions, just e-mail me)

The point being, "rude" and "offensive" are SOOO subjective that you CANNOT base legislation on them. That said, i am against unnecessary rudeness (also a subjective term)

More importantly, people need to educated that NOWHERE in the Constitution are you guaranteed the right not to be "offended." For the most part, all these "offended" people are little more than people with thin skins who LIKE imagining themselves to be a victim.

As one lady I know puts it "Cowboy up, and be tough."

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#44]
I think people just need to get the H#ll over all this PC crap about the Confederate Flag (Long May it Fly!) and remember for just a second what a bunch of fools actualy run the NAACP.

I mean really!

No.........I am not a racist.......I have black friends and Mexican friends and I work with people for several different nationalities.

But good grief people..............every race at one time or another has been held in bondage and paid some sort of price and the hands of tyrants and barbarians.

The civil war was not solely about slavery......that was the spin put on it but it was about Federal issues...states rights and taxes.

Continuing to harp on and on about making ammends gets real frickin old.

Just because a symbol is offensive to one select group is not a reason to abolish that symbol.  That is not what equality and freedom is all about.

Everyone finds something offensive........

Take McDonals for example.......................

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:17:38 PM EDT
[#45]
First of all, NAACP...blow me.

Second, I'm going to SC to see Garandman later this month, if things work out.

Third, there is no such thing as free speech anymore. Virtually everything and anything you say will get you put on some agency's "watch list," some group's "hit list," or you will offend someone.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Ponyboy, that was a great post!

I think I'll take a drive this weekend (after the gun show).  Maybe some of those freaks will be in the middle of the interstate...

Geez, officer, I don't know, the guy just ran out in front of me and I couldn't stop in time.  The speed limit is 70 in those parts and I hear SC has pretty liberal self-defense statutues.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Second, I'm going to SC to see Garandman later this month, if things work out.

View Quote

WooooHoooooo!!!!!!!!1

Bring lots of ammo!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait - I'm supposed to supply the ammo this time.

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Dear God,

Please let some of the N.A.A.C.P tards come up to my car one day and ask me.........anything so I can air them out.

I will even hold the gun on it's side so they will feel right at home.

BTW: LOL@Major(bla bla bla)Murphy's post......[;)]you be smart.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#49]
[/quote]

PS, Just a thought; is Asswipe an acceptable word for a promisekeeper???
[:)>][/quote]

Nope sure is not. Then again calling a flag racist when it was not would be lying, so that wouldn't be appropiate for a black group
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:08:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just a nitpick, but the flag flying at the SC Capital is the Southern Cross (Confederate BATTLE FLAG, and the rectangular version is actually the Confederate Navy Jack) and not the Stars and Bars.
View Quote

Southern Cross, huh?

Quick, somebody go hassle the astronomers.  Tell 'em they have to rename their racist constellation.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top