BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2002 11:57:12 AM EDT
In 1972, 11 Israeli athletes were killed at the Munich Olympics by:
(a) Your Grandmother;
(b) A sales rep for a Midwest auto parts dealer;
(c) A mom and her 6-year-old son visiting from Indiana; or
(d) Male Muslim Arab nationals between the ages of 17 and 40.

In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:
(a) Norwegians from the Lichen Herbarium of the University of Oslo;
(b) The Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders; (c) A tour group of 80-year-old women; or

During the 1980's numerous Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:
(a) A family on their way to Disney World;
(b) Jesse Ventura;
(c) The Boy Scouts; or

In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:
(a) A pizza delivery boy;
(b) Elvis;
(c) Geraldo Rivera making up for a slow news day; or

In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked, and a 70-year-old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard by:
(a) The Smurfs;
(b) Fess Parker;
(c) The Little Mermaid; or

In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver was murdered by:
(a) A Marine officer with two weeks leave;
(b) Charles Lindbergh;
(c) Mother Teresa;

In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:
(a) A college-bound freshman;
(b) A cardiac surgeon on his way to Houston;
(c) The Pointer Sisters;

In 1993, the World Trade Center was bombed by:
(a) The cast of "Cats";
(b) Martha Stewart;
(c) Richard Simmons; or

In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:
(a) Mr. Rogers;
(b) Roy Rogers;
(c) The World Wrestling Federation to promote its next villain: "Mustapha the Merciless"; or

In 2000, 17 sailors died in an attack on the the USS Cole (DDG 67) in Yemen by:
(a) A child in a stroller;
(b) A high school class form Iowa on their way to visit Washington, D.C.;
(c) Newlyweds on their way to Miami; or

On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked -- two flown into the World Trade Centers, one into the Pentagon and one into the ground in rural Pennsylvania. They were hijacked by:
(a) Bugs Bunny, Wile E. Coyote, Daffy Duck, and Elmer Fudd;
(b) A firefighter;
(c) Mr. Bean; or

In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:
(a) Enron;
(b) The Lutheran Church;
(c) The NFL; or

In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
(a) James Dean;
(b) Captain Kangaroo;
(c) Billy Graham; or

[red]More to follow....[/red]

Between 1970 and present, there were about 30 other notable examples of terrorism perpetrated by male Muslim Arab nationals between the ages of 17 and 40, but we think you get the point. Anyone for profiling...?

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#1]
ARLady your right on.

I am for profiling, deportation, prison, and hanging when necessary.

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:35:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:38:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I too am for profiling the bastiges !
I do it everyday anyway, why can't our gubment be smart enough to ?
View Quote

"Bastages" is spelled with an "a".

As in "A"rab.

[}:D]

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:56:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Bastages" is spelled with an "a".

As in "A"rab.

[}:D]

View Quote

Not if your spelling with a twang !
Ya know, that southern thang!
View Quote

Oh, yer right. It was the Yankee in me that forgot.

But I'm having a Yankee exorcism to take care of that.

[BD]

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 12:57:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#7]
You guys think it's ok to profile Arabs, but not other groups?

Sounds a little racist to me. [;)]

Seriously though all this hype about racial profiling is just a bunch of political correctness.

I think cops will still look for the people that do certain types of crime, get some probable cause, stop them, and go from there.

Preferably the probable cause will come first.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 1:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Good post!  The politically correctness of things such as this has to stop.  Racial profiling needs to be done not for racist reasons, but exactly for the reasons that you pointed out.....they are the primary ones who are commiting the crimes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 1:43:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Not only am I in agreement of profiling Arabs in connection to terrorist activities, I am also in favor of profiling people in crappy vehicles driving through affluent areas, blacks, mexicans (insert group here) when in an area in which the particular group is the most likely offender.

What I am also really in favor of:

IF THE RETARDED CAN NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS (READ DEATH PENALTY) THEN THEY SHOULD BE STERILIZED AS THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO REAR A FAMILY.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 4:49:47 PM EDT
[#10]
since this got pushed back to page 3 (in a not-so-subtle attempt to increase responses), anybody with any other thoughts?

Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#11]
How about adding male white wasps between the ages of 12 and 78 taking psychoactive prescription drugs, that have, or have family with, firearms?  For the children, of course.
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#12]
[img]http://www.bluecorncomics.com/pics/mcveigh.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#13]
yes, please do not leave our domestic terrorists like Tim McVeigh and Eric Robert Rudolph off the list.  oh yeah, Ted Kaczinski (UNABomber) and the recent 'smiley face' mail bomber fit that same profile too.

factor that into your racial profiling.

might as well lump in the recent mass murderers as well.

get my point?
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not only am I in agreement of profiling Arabs in connection to terrorist activities, I am also in favor of profiling people in crappy vehicles driving through affluent areas, blacks, mexicans (insert group here) when in an area in which the particular group is the most likely offender.

What I am also really in favor of:

IF THE RETARDED CAN NOT BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS (READ DEATH PENALTY) THEN THEY SHOULD BE STERILIZED AS THEY ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH TO REAR A FAMILY.
View Quote
I think we need to quit handing out the "warm fuzzies" to the whackos that are destroying our  country (comprized of all races!). I think one would have to be retarded to think that racial profiling does not work. I think some races have a problem accepting truths and that is where the real nitty-gritty problem lies. Get real folks this aint a dream we're living in here and the director ain't gonna say cut!
Link Posted: 6/24/2002 11:54:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 2:16:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.bluecorncomics.com/pics/mcveigh.jpg[/url]
View Quote

McVeigh did some truly nasty shit, but he was what - 1 out of tens of millions of young white guys? I'd say it's just a little different than tens of millions of "Muslim Arabs between the ages of 17 and 40" whose goal is to destroy the USA.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:19:22 AM EDT
[#17]
It is truly a sad commentary on the state of our country when "political correctness" out weighs sound defensive policy in our efforts to defend the homeland.  Racial profiling is logically mandated when, as in the present situation, you have a memebers of a reasonably identifiable group who constitute the enemy.  You note I said "members" of the group, not the group itself.  But, to ignore the obvious for the sake of political correctness if ludicrous in the extreme.  As I recall, El Al, the nation airline of Isriel, has openly profiled it's passengers for many, many years and this practice has helped make it perhaps the most secure airline in the world.  If racial profiling, which at most results in some minor inconvenience to innocent members of the group being profiled, results in the saving of even one American life, then logic dictates that racial profiling is not only proper, but necessary.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:24:14 AM EDT
[#18]
[b]The official answer to the questions posted[/b]

1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by:

(c) Arnold Schwarzeneger (He said he'd be back)

In 1979, the U.S. embassy in Iran was taken over by:

(b) Elvis (that is until he left the building of course [;)])

During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

(b) The King of Sweden (That crazy pot smoker)

In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

(c) Geraldo Rivera making up for a slow news day (You shoulda seen the expose he planned afterwards, however he left it in the backpack with the bomb in it)

In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked, and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard by:

(c) The Little Mermaid (Cause they eat Sebastian, her beloved lobster friend. He went well with hot butter though.)

In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver was murdered by:

(a) Captain Kid (That crazy coke addict)

In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

(a) Scooby Doo or more accurately "Scroobiee Doo"

In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by:

(b) Grandma Moses (She was particularly gassy that day)

In 1998, the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

(b) Hillary, to distract attention from Wild Bill's women problems

On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked and destroyed and thousands of people were killed by:

(c) Mr. Bean (It was only supposed to be a skit. Those damn Brits)

In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

(a) Enron (They wanted the venue moved to a more suitable environment to get a fair trial)

In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:

(c) Billy Graham (He always did hate Jews)
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:29:43 AM EDT
[#19]
We don't have to racial profile.

Anyone who doesn't eat the pork rind doesn't get on the plane.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Well said, thebeekeeper1!

Eric/Tyler
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:18:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
DScott, I don't get your point.  McVeigh was ONE (and the few others mentioned add up to a [b]few[/b]) young white males who have committed crimes that could be considered terroristic in nature.  Profiling for certain crimes, committed in specific ways, only makes sense.  Should others groups be excluded from consideration?  Should the possibility of "copycat" crimes be ruled out?  No!  But any information that allows possible suspects to be narrowed down from the total population needs to be used to assist law enforcement to deal with, and hopefully prevent, attacks on our Country.  
View Quote

Agreed on all the above- my point is we need to keep sight of *all* the threats to this country, both foreign and domestic.  I believe the McVeigh and his ilk are just as dangerous, or even more so, as they are not as clearly defined an "enemy" as they should be in my book.  There are many people, it seems, who think McVeigh was in whole or part justified in his actions- some even here on this board.  That's scary, even more so than those who openly hate us.  
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#23]
How do you think the authorities caught some of the worst serial killers?  By profiling.  Most tend to be white middle age males and thats what they looked for. Why would they want to search 70yo grandmas?  We have to use common sense. No other religion has declared war on the US.  Shit I keep a tight grip on my sharpened pencils when I board the plane and non pork eaters(the other white meat) are aboard!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We don't have to racial profile.

Anyone who doesn't eat the pork rind doesn't get on the plane.
View Quote

[:D]How about serving pork rinds on planes instead of peanuts? those that dont eat should be watched vewy closely.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Agreed on all the above- my point is we need to keep sight of *all* the threats to this country, both foreign and domestic.  I believe the McVeigh and his ilk are just as dangerous, or even more so, as they are not as clearly defined an "enemy" as they should be in my book.  There are many people, it seems, who think McVeigh was in whole or part justified in his actions- some even here on this board.  That's scary, even more so than those who openly hate us.  
View Quote

What's also scary is that you think the threat assessment is of the same magnitude. It's not. Militant Muslim terrorists have done more harm to us than all of our domestic groups and kooks combined since the second world war (McVeigh, the KKK and aryan groups, Black groups, anarchists, puerto rican seperatists, you name it). You can throw in all of Europe's as well...

In your "book" the focus will always be on the white guy, in all discussions, at all times. [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top